PDA

View Full Version : Error, pixel shader and vertex shader on 6600gt

Blabla-ERROR!!!!-_-
24th Sep 2006, 10:11
Hi,

I downloaded just cause demo and when I start the game it appears on the screen error:
,,vertex shader error!
(37):error x2000: syntax error :unexpected token
'PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP[...]''
And another after this:
,,Pixel shader error!
(51):error x2000: syntax error :unexpected token '/"''

It keeps showing and showing these errors until system stucks:/
My video card supports Pixel shader and vertex (Gigabyte 6600gt), so where's the problem? Please help:confused:

My system specs:
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
Procesor:
3,00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Mainboard:
Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 8I915P Duo
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. FA 04/29/2005
RaM:
1024 Megabytes Installed Memory DDRII
Display:
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT [Display adapter]
Samsung SyncMaster [Monitor] (17,1"vis, s/n HSHYA10065, 2005)

DJ2liveUK
24th Sep 2006, 10:45
Is ur card supported for this game? Try messing with the AA and AF settings.

Blabla-ERROR!!!!-_-
24th Sep 2006, 10:49
My card is supporting just cause I suppose. How do I ,,mess'' with those AA and AF settings? Oh and I have latest drivers and directx 9.0c

Blabla-ERROR!!!!-_-
24th Sep 2006, 16:46
Please help!

DJ2liveUK
24th Sep 2006, 17:38
In the nvidia control panel check to see if AA is set by Application as well as AF.

Blabla-ERROR!!!!-_-
24th Sep 2006, 18:36
I've tried:/ aint working

daveyb66
25th Sep 2006, 19:16
Same problem here and i definitely have the specs to handle it but it ain't working i have cleaned out my drivers and reinstalled, even cleared the detonator files out properly and still same result, i have been in touch with tech support and i am currently waiting for an email back. there are alot of peeps on various forums with the same problems but i haven't spotted a solution yet

DJ2liveUK
26th Sep 2006, 08:11
What res are you both running in? Have u tried to drop your res to see if that helps?

Just a thought

daveyb66
26th Sep 2006, 09:46
i had all the settings down to the lowest and it still didn't even start, i really have tried everything in my capabilities right now, mine is a GeForce 6800 and i can play X3 Rebellion with everything maxed quite easily and Half Life 2 nearly maxed out without any probs.
I've still had no word back from eidos maybe it is the guys main agenda for the day, but i doubt it. I hate how I can touch the disc, read the instuctions and install the damn thing but just can't play it! May aswell have bought a frisbee:mad2:

DJ2liveUK
26th Sep 2006, 11:59
From what I have read on other forums, there appear to be quite a few ppl with these issues. It looks as though their gfx cards are not compatible with the game.

Have you checked with Eidos / Avalanche to make sure that your card is compatible?

Are you running the latest DirectX drivers?

Just a thought.
DJ

daveyb66
26th Sep 2006, 18:39
when i say i've tried everything i mean everything. Latest DirectX? It would be a bit numb if that was the problem wouldn't it. I have spoken to an eidos tech guy and he said that my card should be compatable, sent him a full list of my specs, drivers, blood type and marital staus, any info i could get my hands on really from dxdiag

Sarn
27th Sep 2006, 18:28
Can someone explain what this is and why it is happening so much and so often, I love this game but refuse to play it if this is gonna keep happening. its after about 5 mins of play and BAM! this.http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/Seed113/wut.jpg

Except is happens all over the entire screen I just managed to get thisone that was halfway veiwable.

intrepid_soul
8th Oct 2006, 17:07
Hi,

I downloaded just cause demo and when I start the game it appears on the screen error:
,,vertex shader error!
(37):error x2000: syntax error :unexpected token
'PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP[...]''
And another after this:
,,Pixel shader error!
(51):error x2000: syntax error :unexpected token '/"''

It keeps showing and showing these errors until system stucks:/
My video card supports Pixel shader and vertex (Gigabyte 6600gt), so where's the problem? Please help:confused:

My system specs:
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
Procesor:
3,00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Mainboard:
Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 8I915P Duo
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. FA 04/29/2005
RaM:
1024 Megabytes Installed Memory DDRII
Display:
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT [Display adapter]
Samsung SyncMaster [Monitor] (17,1"vis, s/n HSHYA10065, 2005)

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? Or uninstalling and redownload the file and install it? Try those two steps and let us know what happens.

Blabla-ERROR!!!!-_-
9th Oct 2006, 14:40
I've tried it:/

intrepid_soul
9th Oct 2006, 21:40
I've tried it:/

Do you have a DVD burner or the program Sonic installed?

Blabla-ERROR!!!!-_-
10th Oct 2006, 17:02
Yes i do, and i've uninstaled it now and still nothing.

intrepid_soul
10th Oct 2006, 17:11
Yes i do, and i've uninstaled it now and still nothing.
Try updating both the driver and the firmware for your drive.

Blabla-ERROR!!!!-_-
10th Oct 2006, 18:21
Done it and nothing. I dont think its driver problem. Something with wideo card maybe.

intrepid_soul
10th Oct 2006, 20:33
Done it and nothing. I dont think its driver problem. Something with wideo card maybe.

See if there is an update for your motherboard drivers. If it were just the video card we would be able to reporduce the problem in house. As of yet, we have not been able to see this error.

Blabla-ERROR!!!!-_-
12th Oct 2006, 17:08
updated and nothing

Major_A
12th Oct 2006, 18:48
Can someone explain what this is and why it is happening so much and so often, I love this game but refuse to play it if this is gonna keep happening. its after about 5 mins of play and BAM! this.http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/Seed113/wut.jpg

Except is happens all over the entire screen I just managed to get thisone that was halfway veiwable.
That looks to me like video card artifacting. What are you video card temperatures?

intrepid_soul
12th Oct 2006, 20:31
updated and nothing

According to the other thread you have CDBurnerXP Pro 3.0.116, as an experiement could you uninstall that and see if you can start the game?

Blabla-ERROR!!!!-_-
12th Oct 2006, 20:45
I've unininstaled it and nothing too:/

intrepid_soul
12th Oct 2006, 20:48
I've unininstaled it and nothing too:/

With it uninstalled try uninstalling and reinstalling the game itself.

Green Chili
15th Oct 2006, 20:30
... not with the demo, but with the full version :mad:

Nvidia 6600GT, latest drivers, Athlon XP2600+, 1 GB RAM, and every time I try to start the game:

http://www.green-chili.de/images/vertex.gif

http://www.green-chili.de/images/pixel.gif

Now what should I do????

daveyb66
16th Oct 2006, 00:32
yeah i got a demo of it this week and that works fine, still can't get the full game to work though, is there a possibility of a dodgy batch of discs? The barrel will need scraping i think before we find an answer. I got mine from play.com

intrepid_soul
17th Oct 2006, 18:08
yeah i got a demo of it this week and that works fine, still can't get the full game to work though, is there a possibility of a dodgy batch of discs? The barrel will need scraping i think before we find an answer. I got mine from play.com

To test that theory if you have another PC that you could install it to, and see if it runs that would point to the disc being the problem if two computers had the same issue.

intrepid_soul
17th Oct 2006, 18:12
I think this is only valid on XP, but if it works in 2000 as well, then go for it:

1. Right click on My Computer (XP only I think) and choose Manage
2. Click on the + next to Services and Applications
3. Click on services
4. Click on Actions
5. Choose export list (change the file type to Unicode text comma delimited)

If you could PM me, and paste in the contents of that file, as well as a current copy of your DXDIAG report, we might be able to determine what is causing this.

Major_A
17th Oct 2006, 19:09
I think this is only valid on XP, but if it works in 2000 as well, then go for it:

1. Right click on My Computer (XP only I think) and choose Manage
2. Click on the + next to Services and Applications
3. Click on services
4. Click on Actions
5. Choose export list (change the file type to Unicode text comma delimited)

If you could PM me, and paste in the contents of that file, as well as a current copy of your DXDIAG report, we might be able to determine what is causing this.
If that's the case why not have people try changing the JustCause.exe to run in compatability with Windows 2000? If you still thinks its burning software you do know Roxio comes preloaded as the default burning program in XP.

intrepid_soul
17th Oct 2006, 21:00
If that's the case why not have people try changing the JustCause.exe to run in compatability with Windows 2000? If you still thinks its burning software you do know Roxio comes preloaded as the default burning program in XP.

I was talking about selecting the manage option on the my computer option. I do know about Roxio, and XP, what I don't know is what is causing this issue which goes back to what I was saying if I could compile a list of common services that are running through out multiple computers I might be able to figure it out.

pikachu5501
18th Oct 2006, 17:48
Ok, i brought that game at wallmart, install it on my Athlon xp 2600+ with a Nvidia Fx6200 AGP and did that endless vertex/x2000 error messages thing.:mad2:

I reinstalled Windows (since i was getting problems with other games also) without K-lite Codec and fdshow. I also updated my Windows with the lastest Updates. Maybe it is something else that i dint't install yet but i had problems with k-lite codec in the past with oblivion (for example) and Trainz refuse to run because of Fdshow. :scratch:

Anyway, now the game run Ok. Got a descent fps in 640x480 with the lastest nvidia driver. It is not what i had expected for 59$ but it is a good eye candy. Remind me of FarCry (the graphics) :p

Next step, write to Santa for a new video card :)

Hope it help.

intrepid_soul
24th Oct 2006, 22:33
I reinstalled Windows (since i was getting problems with other games also) without K-lite Codec and fdshow. I also updated my Windows with the lastest Updates. Maybe it is something else that i dint't install yet but i had problems with k-lite codec in the past with oblivion (for example) and Trainz refuse to run because of Fdshow. :scratch:

It might be a hassle but maybe you should try installing them and seeing if the error comes back. We haven't been able to isolate this yet. Or if you notice the game stops working after installing something else.

pikachu5501
25th Oct 2006, 00:09
indeed, i might try reinstalled everthing and see what causing the conflict.

But now, i know that it is not a faulty hardware since it work after and did it before.

If i reinstall and find what cause this, i will glady post about the culprit.

moosa12
31st Oct 2006, 23:20
First download the latest driver from Nvidia.
Then download drivercleaner (Professional Edition)linkhere (http://www.drivercleaner.net/professional.php)

Uninstall your vga driver from add/remove programs. When it's done
it will ask you to restart. Don't restart your machine yet!

Extract and install DriverCleaner.
And use that to clean out additional junks that may get
left behind with the pervious driver. Once it's cleaned
restart and install the new driver you have just downloaded.

Once the new driver is installed, restart on more time and
then try again to see if that thing still happens.

moosa12
2nd Nov 2006, 04:03
... not with the demo, but with the full version :mad:

Nvidia 6600GT, latest drivers, Athlon XP2600+, 1 GB RAM, and every time I try to start the game:

http://www.green-chili.de/images/vertex.gif

http://www.green-chili.de/images/pixel.gif

Now what should I do????

Have you tried downloading drivers for your cpu?
Yes AMD has drivers for their CPU, just in case if you
don't know about it.

Sobek
2nd Nov 2006, 05:54
If anyone gets the chance, please check out my post here regarding something to try.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=599428&postcount=21

;)

Apbolek
4th Nov 2006, 11:14
NOOO it still doesn't work !!!!
I tried everything
And it's not codec fault i was trying without and with them

i have :

GeForce 6200 gt
AMD athlon(tm)XP 2200 +
1.80 GHz, 512 MB RAM:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Green Chili
5th Nov 2006, 21:46
Have you tried downloading drivers for your cpu?
Yes AMD has drivers for their CPU, just in case if you
don't know about it.

Guess what - now I changed mainboard and CPU (switched to an Intel DualCore - no, definitively not to get JC running :nut:), and still the same errors.

And no, 3DAnalyzer didn't help either...

intrepid_soul
7th Nov 2006, 15:55
Guess what - now I changed mainboard and CPU (switched to an Intel DualCore - no, definitively not to get JC running :nut:), and still the same errors.

And no, 3DAnalyzer didn't help either...

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: This issue is driving me nuts, there is no rhyme or reason to it. One of my support reps had installed JC on their system, it ran fine. Just yesterday they tried running it again and they encountered the p/v error. They just uninstalled and reinstalled and it fixed the issue.

moosa12
8th Nov 2006, 01:09
Instead of just complaining, why do we share what type of motheboard
we have and which chipset it uses. As well as the graphic card.

Motherboard: Asus P5LD2 Deluxe
Chipset: Intel 945P Express
GPU: XFX 6600GT

Motherboard bios is the most up to date,
that is finalized not the beta version.

BTW: Have anyone of you tried to update your mother's bios?
Maybe this might fix the issues your having?

intrepid_soul
9th Nov 2006, 17:27
Instead of just complaining, why do we share what type of motheboard
we have and which chipset it uses. As well as the graphic card.

Motherboard: Asus P5LD2 Deluxe
Chipset: Intel 945P Express
GPU: XFX 6600GT

Motherboard bios is the most up to date,
that is finalized not the beta version.

BTW: Have anyone of you tried to update your mother's bios?
Maybe this might fix the issues your having?

This has been the last step that I have been recommending on the phone and so far no one has called me back to confirm whether or not it works. I understand the complaints, its difficult to choose to spend $50 on a game and get it home to find out something is wrong with your computer system. Its even more frustrating to contact support and hear,"We don't know, but we are researching it, would you mind trying a few things." Most people don't have that much patience.

Major_A
9th Nov 2006, 23:34
I would not suggest to any Joe Casual Gamer to update his BIOS. There are too many things that can go wrong. On top of this if they somehow mess things up they are stuck with a non-working computer. Generally most casual gamers have a retail PC with no BIOS upgrades or options.

moosa12
10th Nov 2006, 01:09
This has been the last step that I have been recommending on the phone and so far no one has called me back to confirm whether or not it works. I understand the complaints, its difficult to choose to spend $50 on a game and get it home to find out something is wrong with your computer system. Its even more frustrating to contact support and hear,"We don't know, but we are researching it, would you mind trying a few things." Most people don't have that much patience.

I see, yeah I do know how difficult is to do tech support when there
isn't a solution to the problem, but what I'm going to try to do
is reformat my whole system just for the purpose of the game and
then reinstall it to see if certain driver issues will cause the problem.

It seems that many users here don't have a X-Fi sound card, could
that be the issues? I doubt it since we're dealing with graphics here.

GoodBon
10th Nov 2006, 21:45
I think it is the video RAM problem. That's what i encounter.
My spec:
1.8MHZ CPU
Geforce 5700LE 128MB
512MB RAM
I think is not enough to deal with this game, so i set my AGP aperture size (that moves the RAM to video ram) from 32MB to 256MB.
When my setting is 32MB, it crash within 3 mins gameplay or less.
When my setting is 256MB, it crash within 10 - 15 mins of gameplay.
Most of the crash are when i goto a scene full of trees, or full of buildings, not cruising at the sea. (The crash just like Sarn encounter.)

So, i think it maybe is a problem when the memory is overloaded, i.e. the memory cannot refresh fast enough or even it doesn't refresh!

My suggestion to support team:
1.Try to check the game will "last longer" by reduce the draw distance or cut the details of the trees/building?
2.Set more refreshing points ("loading invisiblely" between place to place.), could help?

P.S. I've seen those who upgrade/update the CPU, vid cards, drivers, directX or so, they all doesn't work. Maybe this is the answer, please try.....

I also try the 3D analyze to force shader to 1.4, that really makes the image clear, but yes, it still crash.

I don't think it caused by sound card problem, because I just simply switch off the sound in game that make those sound card system idle, and also try to disable the sound in control panel...

Maxx_Fire
12th Nov 2006, 09:45
I think it is the video RAM problem. That's what i encounter.
My spec:
1.8MHZ CPU
Geforce 5700LE 128MB
512MB RAM
I think is not enough to deal with this game, so i set my AGP aperture size (that moves the RAM to video ram) from 32MB to 256MB.
When my setting is 32MB, it crash within 3 mins gameplay or less.
When my setting is 256MB, it crash within 10 - 15 mins of gameplay.
Most of the crash are when i goto a scene full of trees, or full of buildings, not cruising at the sea. (The crash just like Sarn encounter.)

So, i think it maybe is a problem when the memory is overloaded, i.e. the memory cannot refresh fast enough or even it doesn't refresh!

My suggestion to support team:
1.Try to check the game will "last longer" by reduce the draw distance or cut the details of the trees/building?
2.Set more refreshing points ("loading invisiblely" between place to place.), could help?

P.S. I've seen those who upgrade/update the CPU, vid cards, drivers, directX or so, they all doesn't work. Maybe this is the answer, please try.....

I also try the 3D analyze to force shader to 1.4, that really makes the image clear, but yes, it still crash.

I don't think it caused by sound card problem, because I just simply switch off the sound in game that make those sound card system idle, and also try to disable the sound in control panel...

This topic is for those getting Pixel Shader errors when trying to launch the game, they can't even get the game to run... You have a different problem here which should have its own thread or be added to an existing one which has a similar problem. :)

GoodBon
12th Nov 2006, 14:40
This topic is for those getting Pixel Shader errors when trying to launch the game, they can't even get the game to run... You have a different problem here which should have its own thread or be added to an existing one which has a similar problem. :)

No, that was the same problem with me, but I use a different way to solve to the problem. No a "direct approach".

I think it is a "memory overload" to cause the shader problem, not the "shader" itself cause the problem.

And i think most of the people in this thread are playing a few minutes & crash, not " when trying to launch the game".:o

Anyone try to set that aperture size? Will the game last longer?

[Edit]
And also, i think the "can't even launch the game" problem is from 360 and already solved by clearing the cache by pressing a button.

moosa12
12th Nov 2006, 17:11
hmmm... after reformatting my system and tried every method possible.
I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and even a double install just to
like corrupt the game file on purpose and I still can't
seem to reproduce the problem that some of you are having. :confused:

Green Chili
12th Nov 2006, 22:45
And i think most of the people in this thread are playing a few minutes & crash, not " when trying to launch the game".:o
And also, i think the "can't even launch the game" problem is from 360 and already solved by clearing the cache by pressing a button.

Nope, this error is always invoked when trying to START the game (on PC).

And changing the AGP aperture size doesn't help, just treid it.

GoodBon
12th Nov 2006, 22:53
Nope, this error is always invoked when trying to START the game (on PC).

Got it, that means there may be two issues here, (I just thought everyone is like Post #12, sorry! :D )
Maybe the tech support team have to stay overnight to fix those issues now..:nut: (No way!)

[QUOTE=And changing the AGP aperture size doesn't help, just treid it.QUOTE]

These are for "START problem" only, anyone for"PLAYING problem" could share their experience?
Or should I start a new thread maybe?

intrepid_soul
28th Dec 2006, 01:02
So has anyone successfully found a work around to this issue? I have been in contact with people who are in contact with people who are in contact with people in the know, and so far none of them have given up a solution to this issue.

ikillclowns
11th Jan 2007, 07:48
Hi,

In South Africa bought a copy of just cause yesterday and experienced same errors...demo worked fine but retail version gave me the same errors...could not be bothered with the solutions posted here...dvd writer this and that test program....test this test that and the best buy a new PC ! too much effort for what it's worth.

My specs:
P4 2.8, MSI motherboard, 1.2 Gig Ram, Maxtor HDD and LG DVD writer (lightscribe) using nero. Nvidia 6800 XT 512MB WinXP SP2 latest drivers on all hardware.

Had a look at one of the threads from the eidos guys saying that none of the systems share a cominality....well we do

We all run WinXp SP2, which would include Windows Firewall, and some kind of antivirus....

My solution to the vertex/pixel shader error was as follows and this should help most of you...

Install the game and run if you get the errors do the following
- Open windows firewall if running and add the just cause executable file as well as the game game setup file(the one you use to configure the video etc) to the exeption list that was installed in the instal folder.
-Now disable antivirus
-Uninstall the game and re-install
-When installtion is complete and it asks you of you want to run just cause choose yes.

Game running fine now.....please let me know if this works for you too...

To Eidos...SOME FORM OF COMPENSATION WOULD BE APRECIATED

Regards,

intrepid_soul
11th Jan 2007, 16:44
Had a look at one of the threads from the eidos guys saying that none of the systems share a cominality....well we do

We all run WinXp SP2, which would include Windows Firewall, and some kind of antivirus....

My solution to the vertex/pixel shader error was as follows and this should help most of you...

Install the game and run if you get the errors do the following
- Open windows firewall if running and add the just cause executable file as well as the game game setup file(the one you use to configure the video etc) to the exeption list that was installed in the instal folder.
-Now disable antivirus
-Uninstall the game and re-install
-When installtion is complete and it asks you of you want to run just cause choose yes.

Game running fine now.....please let me know if this works for you too...

To Eidos...SOME FORM OF COMPENSATION WOULD BE APRECIATED

Regards,

Interesting, I would not be able to say for certain that it has been all XP service pack 2. I would be curious to see if this works, as it defies logic. I think it may have been the act of uninstalling and reinstalling that solved this on for you, as we have had a 2% chance of success with just a simple uninstall and reinstall.

Maxx_Fire
12th Jan 2007, 08:20
hmmm... Firewalls and pixel shaders... firewall and pixel shaders... nope, dont see the relevance here! Anti-virus software? Can potentially cause problems when installing/running games or apps.

More likely reinstalling the game without AV running is what helped, has resolved this for some people apparently...

fAnTA
12th Jan 2007, 10:09
just out of curiosity what page file sizes do you have set? (directed at people with the problem)

[Start] right click [My Computer] click [Properties]
Click [Advanced] tab then click [Settings] in the [Performance] section
Click the [Advanced] tab and then click [Change] under the [Virtual Memory] section

ghotten
16th Jan 2007, 19:46
I suppose he has a CD only drive? that ticked me off, how some gamesare DVD rom and others CD rom, because not all PCs support both.

intrepid_soul
16th Jan 2007, 20:39
I suppose he has a CD only drive? that ticked me off, how some gamesare DVD rom and others CD rom, because not all PCs support both.

Most if not all DVD drives should read CD-Rom discs.

intrepid_soul
18th Jan 2007, 00:09
Someone contacted support for Lego Star Wars and recieved the PS 1.2 message associated with lower end graphics card on a supported FX series card. Everything looked okay as far drivers. Well he did some troubleshooting with his computer manufacturer and found his AGP aperature was set to 4 mb in his bios. I am wondering if the same issue is happening here.

So if you have this issue, try going in to your bios and report back what your video settings show in there. This should only be attempted by advance users, as you can seriously mess things up in your computer if you change the wrong settings in here.

I will be testing this on my machine at home as the computers around here at work are "too advanced" to have the settings I am looking for. I will report back information tommorow, if I have any.

ghotten
18th Jan 2007, 16:13
ha! i don't believe that even Eidos workers can't play the game either! it's their own fault for not making a patch yet. :nut:
this about the page file size... i might have this problem... do we put the memory usage higher or lower? i got to where you pointed out but didn't have a clue what to do next.

intrepid_soul
18th Jan 2007, 16:37
ha! i don't believe that even Eidos workers can't play the game either! it's their own fault for not making a patch yet. :nut:
this about the page file size... i might have this problem... do we put the memory usage higher or lower? i got to where you pointed out but didn't have a clue what to do next.

On the contrary, we have not had an issue with this game in house, we have not seen the vertex pixel shader errors for our own eyes. We have only seen screen shots. If we could find a reliable way to reproduce this issue, we would be able to solve it then. For the record publisher rarely program, its developers who create patches. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I think the question was what your current settings are?

ghotten
18th Jan 2007, 17:02
sorry... well it says it's using initial size: 1536 mb and max size: 3072 mb. btw i have intel pentium 4 CPU 3.00 ghz, 1.0Gb of ram, and Nvidia Geforce 7300 GS. 256 mb

intrepid_soul
18th Jan 2007, 17:46
sorry... well it says it's using initial size: 1536 mb and max size: 3072 mb. btw i have intel pentium 4 CPU 3.00 ghz, 1.0Gb of ram, and Nvidia Geforce 7300 GS. 256 mb

Unfortunatly as I see by another thread you started you are not recieving the Pixel/Vertex shader error, so your stats are not relevant to this issue.

ghotten
18th Jan 2007, 17:51
you make me sound bad :mad: i did sort of say i didnt know what was wrong at first, 's not my fault...

intrepid_soul
18th Jan 2007, 18:19
you make me sound bad :mad: i did sort of say i didnt know what was wrong at first, 's not my fault...

I apologize for any implication, its just this particular issue has not been solved and has been a particular thorn is our side as we try to figure it out. Unfortunatly many people who are looking at these threads don't understand the nature of forums and the possibility that people may post information on issues where they are not recieving the problem in the first place.

My message was mostly for their benefit so they aren't quick to dismiss this issue.

aitzaz
19th Jan 2007, 10:19
Someone contacted support for Lego Star Wars and recieved the PS 1.2 message associated with lower end graphics card on a supported FX series card. Everything looked okay as far drivers. Well he did some troubleshooting with his computer manufacturer and found his AGP aperature was set to 4 mb in his bios. I am wondering if the same issue is happening here.

So if you have this issue, try going in to your bios and report back what your video settings show in there. This should only be attempted by advance users, as you can seriously mess things up in your computer if you change the wrong settings in here.

I will be testing this on my machine at home as the computers around here at work are "too advanced" to have the settings I am looking for. I will report back information tommorow, if I have any.

should i decrease the agp apperture as it is setted up to max on my side?

intrepid_soul
19th Jan 2007, 16:48
should i decrease the agp apperture as it is setted up to max on my side?

My assumption is it should be set to something above the minimum requirements for the game. Unfortunatly mine at home the minimum was 32megs which is the requirements for this game. :mad2:

Just to clarify you are recieving the PS/VS errors correct?

Styles
3rd Mar 2007, 10:47
what antivirus software r u using?

intrepid_soul
7th Mar 2007, 02:33
Sorry been swamped in work, we have found a working solution to this problem when I get home I will try to post the information here. DOn't hate me if I forget tonight. :rolleyes: :scratch:

intrepid_soul
7th Mar 2007, 16:56
Okay 3DAnalyze is the solution, we just didn't know what to check. The option you should check is "Emulate HW TnL Caps" and the erros should go away and you should be able to launch the game.

ch3
23rd Mar 2007, 19:18
Ok, so how am I going to use that software with the Steam version? There's actually no visible JustCause.exe, only steam.exe with -applaunch xxxx...