PDA

View Full Version : Control issues

grounder
24th Sep 2006, 06:14
So, been waiting for this for ages already and now I have a "slight":mad2: problem:

While the demo worked like a charm for me, the full game doesn't. The controls are somehow sluggish. When I run forward for a few secs and release W, Rico still goes forward and the mouse lags. Actually the time how long the game continues movement by itself is pretty much relative to how long I press a button. And by mouse lag I mean shifting the mouse to the right and waiting for 2 seconds for the game to respond.

Any ideas?

Edit: Forgot my system specs,
Processor: Athlon 64 3500+ 2,2GHz
RAM: 1024MB DDR400
MoBo: Asus A8V Deluxe
Display: GeForce 6600GT
Sound: Integrated Realtek AC 97
Operating System: Win XP Pro SP2

Wrath_of_hitman
24th Sep 2006, 09:27
i had same problem,removing joypad Logitech Wingman Rumb2 Wireless did the trick,btw i have wireless keyboard too so it could be an issue in this case
never had this kinda problems with any other games
btw joypad doesn't work with this game,at least for me:(

grounder
24th Sep 2006, 09:45
That could have been the issue, but I forgot to mention that my keyboard and mouse aren't wireless. This is really strange :nut:

Wrath_of_hitman
24th Sep 2006, 10:10
That could have been the issue, but I forgot to mention that my keyboard and mouse aren't wireless. This is really strange :nut:
so do you have any joypad,joystick plugged in?

raydun
24th Sep 2006, 11:20
I cannot use the right and left side buttons on my optical intellimouse, I also cannot map my middle mouse button. Has anyone found a way round this, let's hope this is fixed in the first patch.

keogh
24th Sep 2006, 11:23
Yeah I already posted about my middle mouse button not being able to be mapped... and the fact I cant use my Logitech RumblePad II on the game :(

raydun
24th Sep 2006, 13:23
I use the m/soft optical Intellimouse, I downloaded the latest drivers rebooted, and then referred to the last two posts on this thread below :-

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/39309975/m/2360990373/inc/1

I reassigned the wheel button to - alt (which i now use as fire)
the left side button to - alt (which I use to turn left driving vehicles)
the right side button to - shift (which I use to turn right driving vehicles)

Procedure :-

The important thing is, after loading latest drivers, click on mouse in control panel, put a tick in the box - enable program specific settings. then click on settings, click add, search for Just cause directory and .exe file, click add then apply.
Re-assign the buttons like in my example above.
This worked perfectly for my mouse, hope it helps others having problems mapping side buttons and middle button.

grounder
24th Sep 2006, 13:32
It seems that the lagging is connected with the framerate. This means that when I lowered the settings to the lowest, the lagging issue wasn't so severe anymore.

But this is where my knowledge ends. My specs should be enough to run this at somewhat medium detail, so what gives?

Wrath_of_hitman
24th Sep 2006, 13:46
It seems that the lagging is connected with the framerate. This means that when I lowered the settings to the lowest, the lagging issue wasn't so severe anymore.

But this is where my knowledge ends. My specs should be enough to run this at somewhat medium detail, so what gives?

unoptimized console port
people don't care about pc users anymore,they just slap some ports from consoles to gain extra $$$
sad but true:(

Askem
24th Sep 2006, 13:51
Ah cmon! JC is hardly the perfect PC game but it is a decent enough port!

If you take into account the massive area the game has to run then you may realise that knocking down a few options to make it run better is the right option. But then my PC aint that hot compared to most and I can run the game at max everythin and still get 40fps almost all the time!

It aint a bad port as many of the problems in the PC version seem to be bein mentioned by peeps playin the 360 one.

Just Cause, Just Patch. :lol:

Nagumo
24th Sep 2006, 17:37
I also have this very annoying control issue. i can be running strafing and shooting, only let go and everything is still moving, my guy turns, its really annoying, didn't happen in the demo.

And before you say its my FPS, I ='m running the game in 1280x1024 8AF Max settings, fraps reads a frame rate of over 60 easily and it never drops.

I have 2gb DDR2 800
leadtek 7800GT
P4 3.6 EM64T

I have artic cooling on my cpu and GPU, temps never go above 35 on anything.

grounder
24th Sep 2006, 18:14
Well maybe not to the framerate, but somehow it's related with the graphics.

I think we'll just have to wait for a patch.

Choronzon
24th Sep 2006, 20:37
Ah cmon! JC is hardly the perfect PC game but it is a decent enough port!....

Waddayamean port? Both versions (Xbox360/PC) were released on the same day (UK) and developed simultaneously. What kind of machine do you think they create these games on? I'll tell you. A PC!! There is no need to "port" anything.

Anyway back on subject. There are many control issues being mentioned on this forum and most seem to be about there being no joypad support and limited mouse button support. Could we get a patch soon please Eidos/Avalanche?

Wrath_of_hitman
24th Sep 2006, 20:58
Waddayamean port? Both versions (Xbox360/PC) were released on the same day (UK) and developed simultaneously. What kind of machine do you think they create these games on? I'll tell you. A PC!! There is no need to "port" anything.

Anyway back on subject. There are many control issues being mentioned on this forum and most seem to be about there being no joypad support and limited mouse button support. Could we get a patch soon please Eidos/Avalanche?
port means game was mainly developed & optimized for consoles it's easier than optimizing & testing game for many different configurations PC in this case,finished main story already so even if patch comes out and fix many things wich i doubt but who knows i'll just cruise around

CWFY
26th Sep 2006, 23:23
I have
AMD 64X2 4200+
GeForce 7800 GT OC (265Mb)
2Gb RAM

i get the same prob, the demo worked fine, tried all different gfx combos and no luck, the only thing i can think is that i have a Razor Dimondback mouse, havent got another mouse i can try though, what do you think?

Wrath_of_hitman
27th Sep 2006, 00:09
I have
AMD 64X2 4200+
GeForce 7800 GT OC (265Mb)
2Gb RAM

i get the same prob, the demo worked fine, tried all different gfx combos and no luck, the only thing i can think is that i have a Razor Dimondback mouse, havent got another mouse i can try though, what do you think?

do you have any gamepads plugged in,try to unplug them or use Xpadder to emulate keyboard,it won't conflict with keyboard anymore;)

CWFY
27th Sep 2006, 00:45
unfortunatly i dont have any gamepads/joystics in, i have unplugged all usb but mouse and kb is ps2 and still it slows :(

CWFY
27th Sep 2006, 14:55
It would seem that the game cannot handle mice over the standard, 400-600dpi sensitivity, so gets confused and slows down, i have a Razer Dimondback, and after i uninstalled the drivers, and it is back to standard windows sensitivity, it all works fine, i know this isint ideal but it will hopefully be fixed in the 1st patch
hope this is of help

kinnik
30th Sep 2006, 03:50
I'm having the same problem. Unplayable. too anoying.

I have an optical mouse, apparently 800 dpi, but I haven't installed any drivers. Just pluged it in. Is there a way to lower the dpi or set it to the standered mouse drivers?