PDA

View Full Version : Its slows down during play

DJ2liveUK
23rd Sep 2006, 17:49
So heres my specs:

P4 2.4ghz
512MB RAM
GeForce 6800GT (256MB)

The game opens nicely, then plays great for say 10-15mins. Then it starts to slow down. When there is serious action on the screen is starts to become unbearable.

If I exit the game and then start it again, it is the same. If I reboot the PC (Warm) then it is the same.

I've rolled back to a previous date and it seemed to be ok for a good few mins then its back to slow-mo.

Now I know my rig could do with more RAM, but is there anything else that could be causing this slow down?

Cheers ppl DJ

chippxero
23rd Sep 2006, 18:21
You should maybe look at your system to see if it's over heating, and like you said RAM you need at least another 512mb.

DJ2liveUK
23rd Sep 2006, 19:51
Ah. You may have hit on something there. I've recently transferred the mobo to a new case, and the power supply has been upped to 500W. But the cooling of the processor is not as good as the old case.

What is the best way to resolve this?

Sluggs
24th Sep 2006, 00:13
Reduce the amount of details or set your card's image settings to "Performance" using the NVidia icon on your taskbar.

AlphaWhiskey33022
24th Sep 2006, 01:00
Yes, the demo did the same thing to me. It would slow down 10min into gameplay..so i lowered some of my graphics

DJ2liveUK
24th Sep 2006, 08:48
Reduce the amount of details or set your card's image settings to "Performance" using the NVidia icon on your taskbar.

I've done this but it still slows down. I reckon it is to do with the processor getting hot and so slowing down.

Can I just screw a fan to the tope of the heatsink? Will this make much difference?

Wrath_of_hitman
24th Sep 2006, 09:32
same problem here,it's not cpu overheating i checked after it slows down my cpu temp. & it was below 50C
i think it's memory leak in the game
realy like this game but thinking to get myself Xbox 360,console ports can be pain:mad2:

DJ2liveUK
24th Sep 2006, 09:37
same problem here,it's not cpu overheating i checked after it slows down my cpu temp. & it was below 50C
i think it's memory leak in the game
realy like this game but thinking to get myself Xbox 360,console ports can be pain:mad2:

What spec is your rig??

Wrath_of_hitman
24th Sep 2006, 09:43
What spec is your rig??

p4 3ghz 800fsb
1gig ram samsung
maxtor 8mb 80gig
Leadtek 6800 at GT speeds 128mb

now that you know my specs can u magicly optimize it for me:p

DJ2liveUK
24th Sep 2006, 10:42
OK I've installed speedfan and the local temp is 52C and the remote temp is 54C. Is this good or bad?

DJ2liveUK
24th Sep 2006, 10:43
p4 3ghz 800fsb
1gig ram samsung
maxtor 8mb 80gig
Leadtek 6800 at GT speeds 128mb

now that you know my specs can u magicly optimize it for me:p

Man ur rig, should be capable. What u using to check ur processor temp?

DJ2liveUK
24th Sep 2006, 16:37
OK, so I put a new heatsink on the processor and then topped that with a reasonable size fan.

Game appears to be behaving itself

:D :D :D

Wrath_of_hitman
24th Sep 2006, 17:12
OK, so I put a new heatsink on the processor and then topped that with a reasonable size fan.

Game appears to be behaving itself

:D :D :D

just like i said,just cause it's unoptimized:p :o

DJ2liveUK
24th Sep 2006, 18:57
Had the same problem with El Matador. Fan has fixed that as well.

Wrath_of_hitman
24th Sep 2006, 21:06
i'm pretty sure my fan is fine,running FarCry at high settings,playing for hour without any problems
my cpu is northwood btw not hotty presscot

DJ2liveUK
24th Sep 2006, 21:21
My processor is Northwood also. Have you checked for any build up of dust or debris on the heatsink or fans?

Just a thought.

Askem
24th Sep 2006, 21:24
Installing extra fans solves most gaming related problems ;) :thumbsup:

Wrath_of_hitman
24th Sep 2006, 22:07
My processor is Northwood also. Have you checked for any build up of dust or debris on the heatsink or fans?

Just a thought.

yeah just did complete clean up couple of days ago ;)

DJ2liveUK
25th Sep 2006, 09:51
Installing extra fans solves most gaming related problems ;) :thumbsup:

I shall bear that in mind when building my next gaming rig.

CWFY
26th Sep 2006, 23:16
I have a similar problem, my whole game lags, i have a good 2sec delay between pressing a button and the action happening, i have tried with the settings all on low and that does not help, i had no problems with the demo, only the full version.
my setup is
AMD 64X2 4200+
GeForce 7800 GT OC (265Mb)
2Gb RAM

any help would be nice

chippxero
26th Sep 2006, 23:18
Feels much more like a memory leak to me.

AMD 64Bit 4000+
Geforce 6800 Ultra
1gig of ram

Wrath_of_hitman
27th Sep 2006, 00:07
Feels much more like a memory leak to me.

AMD 64Bit 4000+
Geforce 6800 Ultra
1gig of ram

it is :mad2:
also game doesn't clean up after itself,if you take your car that parked nearby any of the save house for a small drive than load same save vehicle is not there,i have to restart the game for vehicle to be spawned at same location,this means all what you do in game well most of the stuff stays in memory and does not resets in result it begins to lagg dramaticaly,btw game is using only 250mb of memory and i have extra 500mb free,so devs better patch it otherwise it's unplayable after 20 minutes of gameplay :(

gasdorf
27th Sep 2006, 05:02
my computer spec's

pentium 4(R)1 CPU 3.00 GHz

1GB memory stick

ATI X1600 pro video card with 512MB AGP

Zalman Copper FATALITY cpu fan 2000rpm

4 case fans

mother board ABIT IS7-E2 AGP

420w power supply

i just don't get why its soo laggy is it the map's in the pc version

i have playstion 2 i mite have to get a copy for it ....because this is unplayable

i tryed loading the demo three times its still laggy a hell?

Sarkamen
27th Sep 2006, 07:28
well first off I love this game....most people dont and I can see why but its got its own charm for me I love the vast lanscapes and the sweet stunts...as well as the large scale liberations those are the best combat missions I have done so far... anyway on to my topic...

So after about mm say 30 mins to an hour of gameplay or after frequent large scale battle gamepley I notcied the game gets alittle glitchy....it seems to be ram related... I have yet to check and see how much ram the exe is taking but it feels like some kind of data bottleneck....it would be nice to have a setting in the settings file or something to load more stuff or something.... i have over 2 gigs of ram and I wouldnt think there should be an issue...anyway if anyone has any ideas cool... if not? hopefully this issue could be addressed by the developers...

Sarkamen
27th Sep 2006, 07:32
didnt see this thread but I just posted about this I am quite sure its a memory leak as well... thankfully i have a fat load of ram so it take around a hlaf an hour or more unless im running into loads of Heavy action(hundreds of guys in a matter of seconds such as large liberations) for more than 5-10 mins. Hopefully this will be addressed unless someone knows of a way to do something about otherwise.

HiCZoK4
27th Sep 2006, 13:14
yeah i have that too after 30 mion games starts to freeze fo 1-2 s

2Lazy
27th Sep 2006, 15:41
I have the same problem. Recently tried updating all my drivers, directX, defragged, ran memtest x86, no other game does this. So its deff a bug, and not a hw issue, at least in my case. Maybe if we all post our basic system configs, that help. I have noticed time to time an occassional texture becoming corrupted, but only on riders head's on dirtbikes. The skips usually seem to come right before a chopper shows up as well.

Intel 805D @ 3ghz
512mb DDR533
i945 chipset
PCI-e ati msi RX800-te128
Intel ICH7 Raid 0
Santa Cruz soundcard

gasdorf
27th Sep 2006, 17:30
i am glad i havent bought it yet , does it say you need 2 g of memory on the box to play this game for 30min......???:scratch: seems alot of people are saying this game laggy and glichy after 30min play and they have 2 g...i only have one 1 g memory my mother board and wallet only support 1 g :nut:

memory leak what is this thing someone explane. can it be fixed ?

Wrath_of_hitman
27th Sep 2006, 19:26
i am glad i havent bought it yet , does it say you need 2 g of memory on the box to play this game for 30min......???:scratch: seems alot of people are saying this game laggy and glichy after 30min play and they have 2 g...i only have one 1 g memory my mother board and wallet only support 1 g :nut:

memory leak what is this thing someone explane. can it be fixed ?

This example is intended to show how a memory leak can come about, and its effects, without needing any programming knowledge. Please note that this is a fictitious example.

The program in this case is part of some very simple software designed to control a lift (elevator). This part of the program is run whenever anyone inside the lift presses the button for a floor.
When a button is pressed:
Get some memory, which will be used to remember the floor number
Put the floor number into the memory
Are we already on the target floor?
If so, we have nothing to do: finished
Otherwise:
Wait until the lift is idle
Go to the required floor
Release the memory we used to remember the floor number
This program may look simple enough, but it does have a memory leak. Consider the case where the lift is already on floor 3, and button 3 is pressed. We get some memory, and never give it back. Each time this happens, we leak a little more.

This will not have any immediate effect. People don't often press the button for the floor they are already on, and in any case, the lift might have enough spare memory that this could happen a hundred or a thousand times. But eventually the lift will run out of memory. This could take months or years, so it might never be discovered by even the most thorough testing.

The consequences in this case would be unpleasant; at the very least the lift would stop responding to requests to move to another floor. If the program needs memory to open the lift door, then someone may also be trapped inside, since there is no memory available for that door opening.

Notice that the memory leak would only last as long as the program was running. For example, if a power cut affected the lift, then when the power came back, the memory would all be available and the slow process of leaking would have to start again.

more here -=> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_leak

and yes it can be fixed as long as devs decide to do so

chippxero
27th Sep 2006, 20:00
I really don't get how this sort of thing is missed in the testing stages.

Wrath_of_hitman
27th Sep 2006, 20:52
I really don't get how this sort of thing is missed in the testing stages.
no one cared or just left as it is wich is equal :p

anyway here is resolution changer if anyone needs widescreen support wich is also missing in this game,first gamepad now this :lmao:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6725

pongo7890
27th Sep 2006, 22:53
I got just cause today.I checked the system requirments and my pc could easily handle it.I installed it.Then i began to play but it was very jumpy and the sound kept repeating it self and it moved slow?I tried turning the graphics on to the lowest and still no change.I have no idea why this is happeing and im pretty pissed off at this.This BS always happens to me!!PLS if anyone knows why this is happening HELP ME!!If you have any queastions pls ask.

WorkinfortheCIA
27th Sep 2006, 23:02
I got just cause today.I checked the system requirments and my pc could easily handle it.I installed it.Then i began to play but it was very jumpy and the sound kept repeating it self and it moved slow?I tried turning the graphics on to the lowest and still no change.I have no idea why this is happeing and im pretty pissed off at this.This BS always happens to me!!PLS if anyone knows why this is happening HELP ME!!If you have any queastions pls ask.

It would seem you have the same sound glitch I do. I've had the game 3 days now and deinstalled it today. I'm putting it on the shelf till a patch comes out. *sigh*

Wrath_of_hitman
28th Sep 2006, 00:47
ok i think i found solution for lagg by disabling virtual memory completely
remember some games may require virtual memory enabled in order for game to start

blakey83
28th Sep 2006, 01:22
is it safe to turn off v ram?i did a google search and i came up with alot of pros and cons.some said its ok,some said its dangerous?
i have 512mb.

Wrath_of_hitman
28th Sep 2006, 01:45
is it safe to turn off v ram?i did a google search and i came up with alot of pros and cons.some said its ok,some said its dangerous?
i have 512mb.

you gonna need at least 1gig of memory to turn off vram so you are pass
on safe part of cause it is,but you can encounter some glitches cause some programs and games need vram in order to work properly

blakey83
28th Sep 2006, 04:59
dont u think its abit fkd that we have to solve our own issues?i havent yet seen any feed bk from eidos or avalanche.
i know its early dayz still,but i would have rather waited a few more months and have a more stable game,than rip my hair out every time i play this stupid game.
its realy a catch 22 situation bcoz i wanna play this game but problems arise almost instantly.:mad2:

wbb
23rd Mar 2008, 11:52
DUDE, do what i do

go to options and change from 1028/768

to 800/600

and change textures from high to medium or low

better gameplay instead of the high amount of graphics !:lmao: