PDA

View Full Version : Just Cause PC Bug Report! Post yours here!

Askem
23rd Sep 2006, 12:43
Although I am most def enjoying this game it is becoming harder and harder to ignore the mountain of bugs the game has shipped with. So post your own findings below mine.

Graphics

When cars come into view from a distance they like have this section of the vehicle that is seperate from the rest floating in mind air along side it. but hwen you get close it dissapears and the vehicle looks normal!
The same sort of thing happens when you watch someone on either a bike or a jet ski, but this time they dont have their hands holding the steering bars and instead they are just stuck in a kind of dummy frozen position until they get close enough!
Every now and again you will see parts of the road dissapear or start to clip, but when you move onto the road itself it goes away :confused:
Sometimes the sky will flicker for no reason
Lotsa clipping!
People can walk through the tires of the vampire monster truck
Vehicles can become stuck on very small rocks (and even other cars)
People getting stuck all over the place! then they start doing that mad clipping dance until they free themselves :D

Sound
WHY CANT I HEAR MY OWN VEHICLES!?!?!?! part from this everything else seems a ok!

Game
Game physics make the game kinda mental at times, especially when you have the slow mo camera enabled! say you will be driving along on a bike and get pushed then the action camera will kick in for no reason (maybe you are spinning or just doing a small jump) and it kinda of wrecks the action camera
Garages at your hideouts dont always open when you walk up to them which means you cant get to the goodies you parked inside :mad:
Spotting mental npcs who suddenly get off jetskis and then decide to walk up the side of a mountain in the middle of the sea! theres lotsa stuff like this goin on but I guess you have to spot it when it happens :D
Why is it Rico can actually climb pretty much any hill in the game no mater how steep it is?!?! makes you feel like you can cheat the game by taking shortcuts which kind of makes it less fun (unless you are looking to base jump) which actually makes it useful! :p

Erm, cant think of much else at the moment so add anything I have missed ;)

keogh
23rd Sep 2006, 17:23
Askem... prob a good idea to post your PC spec along with any posts like this, everyones PC differs so chances are not many others experience the same problems as you (I for one don't).

I actually haven't noticed any bugs as such so far, apart from the lack of gamepad control support... and the fact I can't map my middle mouse button, but I mentioned these in a prev post.

But I haven;t been playing it that much tbh, so if I spot any bugs Ill be sure to post them

Askem
23rd Sep 2006, 18:30
Athlon-64 3400+
Chaintech Nforce 3
X800XT 256mb Platinum
Audigy 2 Zs
Maxtor 200GB 7200RPM
1GB 3200

Gfx settings Max
1280 Res

Avg FPS 40fps :)

Dimhenion
23rd Sep 2006, 23:29
I just wanna know how to adjust the mouse sensitivity....

jo111
24th Sep 2006, 11:26
Pretty early on, I had to go to some place near the airport on one of the NE islands, but I tried a few different roads to get there and whenever I approached from the NE of the airfield, I'd fall through the ground. All objects would do that too. If I walked to near where the "edge" was, I'd see objects spawning & immediately falling below the ground! Oops.
I had to come at the airfield from the other side of the island in the end.
The mouse sensitivity is a really overlooked problem, I think. I had to turn mine up to maximum in windows, and it's just about okay now, but why not have an option for it in the game? It takes time to quit the game, adjust, reload the game, try, quit the game, adjust... Didn't anyone think this was a problem?
It would be nice to be able to gauge the health of your vehicle a bit better, so you can guess when it's going to burst into flames.
Generally, though, it's a brilliant game. And the graphics are absolutely beautiful.

keogh
24th Sep 2006, 15:55
A problem I keep getting now which is really p*ssing me off is if you are on a bike and are about to hit another vehicle, I would tend to slide away from it... BIG mistake as you will slide under the damn thing and get stuck inside the other car. I had to exit the game and reload to get out of the problem, real screw up that was as I was right in the middle of a mission :mad2:

Sarn
25th Sep 2006, 18:03
AMD 2800+
1 gig of ram
ATI 9800XT

Getting all kinds of artifacts after about 5-10 mins of play, artifacts like the pixels are getting streched and distorted. or Polygons getting blown way larger than they used to be. really upsets game play and makes it hard to see.

After parking a vehil in a garage at hideout then saveing the vehicle is gone. Garage doors don't always open. can't enter any safe house's
Help X/

blakey83
28th Sep 2006, 08:02
um.....the whole game is a god dam bug!!!:)

Downloader
28th Sep 2006, 14:07
if u die and use continu u lose all ure wepons right(not if u are in s story misson), no harm you picke them up agin at ure safe haous but then u pick up the c4-with a trigger u dont get the trigger.

Mugman
29th Sep 2006, 00:48
I'm so frustrated by this game I'm compelled to post here(and email avalanche). The problem is the game's got so much potential, but a miriad of small issues add up to be a complete pain in my ass.

Here's the small list I came up with in the hour or so I played. This is the PC version.

Birds fly through buildings(not a really big deal, but just sloppy)

Motorcycles do piroettes if jumping from hills at the right angle. It stops and spins on the front wheel a few times.

Tons of clipping issues. If I jump in the bed of a truck(or most any vehicle for that matter), I am hovering in mid air a few feet above the bed.

Horribly implemented auto-aim---This is a PC we don't need autoaim with a mouse if the controls are solid.

All vehicle physics are wonky.

Non-existant AI. NPCs walking around doing ridiculous things, shooting at walls.

Ridiculous Pop-up and mysteriously appearing bad guys. They spawn on top of you...behind you... C'mon guys, this isn't Doom2.

Almost invincible. I was running through the mission where you liberate the first town. I had 1/4 bar f health when I started...didn't pick up any health packs on the way and after seeing my screen flash red non stop had almost the same ammount opf health when I finnished.

Did I mention the aiming system is FUBAR?

No mouse cursor in the menu?

No mouse sensitivity adjustment?

I can't map my mouse buttons? I've got a Logitec Mx518. I can't use the middle or the side buttons.

I can drive my motorcycle through the smaller trees. They've got to be at least 4" thick. At least make them knock over, not fade to see-through when I pass through them.

When I do crash the motorcycle, no matter how fast I'm going my guys does a flip and lands on his feet?

I had to uninstall this game because it frustrated me so much. What's worse is I really like the game!!!

Congrats Eidos. You just got my $$

I won't make that mistake again. I'll lump you in with EA for ruining games if you don't try and save face here by getting avalanche to patch.

Wrath_of_hitman
29th Sep 2006, 01:19
NPCs walking around doing ridiculous things, shooting at walls.

:D :lol: :lmao:

Crypton
29th Sep 2006, 04:05
AI Randomly driving into trees, ect.. that are away from the road after they were driving perfectly fine... Shooting at odd things (as someone mentioned, walls. AI need a tuneup most definately.
99% of the time when you approach a ladder (such as one on the side of a building) the action for using/climbing it does not show, you have to constantly back away, then move forward again to get it to show/enable. Happens on other objects as well, such as vehicles.
Firefly Helicopters? I cannot seem to get them running, I have tried entering in from all sides, (front right side) the props start, but then suddenly stops, out of fuel or bug?? Maybe I am missing something here. Even after controlling the territory.
Post Processing Effects, much overdone.. Too much blur, way too much haze, ect.. I have to turn them off to enjoy the game at all, but with them on, everything is more "vibrant". :/ sad tradeoff to give up the vibrance due to overblur. Blur happens to an extent when blur is off and just post process is on, and even moreso with heat haze.
Rain Effects (even with Post Process On) looks like "poo", it definately could use some editing on the graphic files for the rain drops..
Slow Downs during gameplay.. It gets really annoying having to exit the game and restart it up again to resolve it (memory leak/pixel leak?)
Odd problems on some systems (or all) where sometimes a reinstall is needed to play without getting a crash on startup of game (just before getting to full screen from desktop) Seems to be linked between the games use of RadTools binkw32.dll and Windows kernel32.dll
Ability to remap controls is nice (much better than the demo) however, no analog. ect?? And does not recognize my Logitech MX518 Gaming Mouse extra buttons (5 buttons total) but cannot use the 3rd, 4th, and 5th? Can in other games. Controls are also a bit buggy, driving is fun, but hard to control many vehicles. Planes, Choppers, and Boats seem fine, only seems to apply to ground vehicles. (With exception to the Walker PA Twin Fin, VERY difficult to get off the ground and the slightest touch of left/right you crash/blow up before getting off the runway)
Some sounds are oddly lower than others, sometimes free fall (Skydive) you have to open the parachute (after jumping from a plane) and then close it (goto freefall again) to hear the sounds better. But even then, the sound it too low, need more bass/wind and jump suit sound action going on here.
Running over people (such as others driving/motorcycle) or in the water, running over a jetski with a huge tug, doesnt effect them? At least have some blood splatter !
Have to agree with others, need mouse control in menus
Again, agreeing, aiming is choppy.
Graphics for Water/Forests/Jungles ect.. look great when close to the ground, or on a boat viewing the scenery from a river, but when up in the air such as in a plane, SkyDive, ect.. Water has a massive ugly "tiling" look.

Anyhow, just some to get started, will post more as there were tons I had found, but just cannot recall off the top of my head. May post more. Hope to see some fixes.

Downloader
29th Sep 2006, 11:13
have non of u ever playd a port b4:scratch: This is a port not a pc game, you ask tehn to re-do it to a pc game and taht wont hapen.

Crypton
29th Sep 2006, 11:35
have non of u ever playd a port b4:scratch: This is a port not a pc game, you ask tehn to re-do it to a pc game and taht wont hapen.
I play alot of games that are ports to PC that were origionaly made for XBox, ect..

We are not asking them to redo the game, we are asking for a patch to fix the problems. Does not matter what system it was origionally made for, it was ported to PC and we are asking for some support and part of that support is fixing problems. It will not take a redo of the whole game to fix issues... Do not understand why everyone thinks it would have to be recoded to fix problems, if that were so, then patches would never have been invented or thought up.

Wrath_of_hitman
29th Sep 2006, 11:53
I play alot of games that are ports to PC that were origionaly made for XBox, ect..

We are not asking them to redo the game, we are asking for a patch to fix the problems. Does not matter what system it was origionally made for, it was ported to PC and we are asking for some support and part of that support is fixing problems. It will not take a redo of the whole game to fix issues... Do not understand why everyone thinks it would have to be recoded to fix problems, if that were so, then patches would never have been invented or thought up.

yep there is some great ports from Xbox2PC like Enclave,Cr.of Rid d ick
those are quality ports & from old xbox,i thought it would be easy to port x3602pc cause x360 has similiar structure to modern pc's
unlike xbox with pentium 3 :p ,guess it also depends on devs :o

adv1
29th Sep 2006, 15:37
Before I do my list let me say I am really enjoying this game, despite these problems:

- No.1 problem for me - the awful disappearing vehicles issue. Spot a good vehicle, turn the camera away for a second and the game has deleted it. Same immensely irritating problem the GTA series used to have
- Analog joypad support needed - bikes are especially hard to drive with keyboard
- More graphics options - AA and filtering etc.
- Some helicopter rockets do not actually destroy vehicles despite explosion effects
- Almost instant death when hit by vehicles is too harsh
- Some sound effects seem louder than they should be when they're not actually that near to you
- Too easy to get a police wanted level but hard to lose it
- Random fights between police and guerillas are good but seem to happen way too often
- Should be able to crouch for taking cover behind objects
- Auto-aim unnecessary annoyance for PC gamers
- Underwater is lifeless without any fish, and sounds above water should be muffled. The controls and camera are awkward underwater too
- I sometimes get heavy slow down when starting to drive a boat (anything to do with the water spray effect?)
- In heavy jungles the game slows down - but if you then swing the camera down towards the ground there's a sudden over-the-top boost in speed (as the engine suddenly has less to draw?)
- Draw distance : can see buildings miles away but no vehicles or people beyond a short distance
- Building textures are ugly compared to the beautiful islands

Crypton
29th Sep 2006, 15:51
- Underwater is lifeless without any fish, and sounds above water should be muffled. The controls and camera are awkward underwater too
- I sometimes get heavy slow down when starting to drive a boat (anything to do with the water spray effect?)
- Draw distance : can see buildings miles away but no vehicles or people beyond a short distance
^^ get these too, and was just thinking about the fish thing after messing up a mission a few times (last mission) wont spoil it, but lets say I missed the plane. Needs fish definately. (not a major thing, but would be nice)

Slowdown on boats, definately seems to be water spray related. I notice some boats that have much less spray (such as the one you get during main missions with the turbine on it) does not cause much slowdown. Where as the larger "tug/fisher" type boat causes massive slowdown.

fw190a8
29th Sep 2006, 21:58
Many, many problems are caused by a really sloppy port. If I wanted to play an XBox 360 game I would have bought an XBox 360. PC users expect to get PC games, and Just Cause is a real disappointment.

Menu Screens
I knew this was a console port as soon as I realised there was no mouse pointer in the menu screens. PCs have this strange human interface device known as a mouse. It would be nice to be able to use it.

Where are all the graphical options? Yes, you can choose resolution and a measly selection of other options, but that's really pointless.

Why are there only 10 save slots? This is a PC. I have many many gigabytes of storage and it would have taken a matter of minutes to implement a file-based save game system instead of a slot-based one. Especially considering the need to save due to the abundance of bugs, this is not good enough.

Why bother letting you remap the controls if you're limited to keyboard only? Do you want to fly the helicopter with your mouse? Great, you can map the controls to do this, but nothing happens. Again, just really sloppy.

Invisible Helicopter
Every so often in my game, Rico gets stalked by a phantom helicopter. Apart from the fact that it makes a really annoying noise the whole time and won't go away (despite having no wanted level), as soon as Rico gets a wanted level, the helicopter begins unloading lead into him.

Swimming
What the hell were you guys thinking? We already have a perfect swimming system in use in other FPS games like Half-life 2. Why come up with your own system, especially when it's absolutely terrible? Let me guess... it works fine if you're holding an XBox 360 controller.

Vehicle deaths
Seriously, so Rico can take hundreds of bullets from an army of gang members, but then he steps out in front of a car and he's dead instantly. Score one for game balance.

Aiming
The PC is the father of first-person shooters. id brought us Wolfenstein 3d, then Doom. Millions upon millions of people every day play Counterstrike Source on the PC. PC gamers know FPS. You have insulted us by bringing some kind of lousy auto-aiming system to the PC because you couldn't be bothered to remove it. Even when you give us a crosshair, there is acceleration on the mouse. Acceleration. In a FPS. Hit detection is terrible and unsatisfying. This is woeful. If there is anything that needs to be fixed first, it's the FPS elements.

A good game
Don't get me wrong. I really do like this game, but I feel like my enjoyment of it has been ruined by the bugs that anyone other than a blind deaf and dumb playtester would have been able to spot from a nearby planet. I have tried to play through the bugs but there's just so many and I can't bear it any longer, but I do want to carry on playing. Please patch this now and save me from feeling like I've wasted my money.

Errorsftl.
29th Sep 2006, 22:26
Just Cause.. Poor optimization. Really.

Specs:
AMD Athlon 2800+ 2.2 ghz
ATI X850 XT PE
OCZ Ram 2 gigs
EPoX EP-8KRAIPRO Socket A (Socket 462) VIA KT880 ATX AMD Motherboard

My issues:
-Stuttering/Freezing. Every 2-3 seconds the game will slow down for a split second. Might not seem like much, but when you're trying to play a game like this.. it's annoying. Very.

-Realism Factors: AI.. yeah let's not discuss the stupidity of the AI.
Rico can take 5000 bullets but not a nudge from a car? Cmon now get serious.

Ceano
30th Sep 2006, 07:59
- A lot of clippings in the world and on AI.

Crypton
30th Sep 2006, 08:57
How to easily reproduce the chopper bug (one where you get multiple choppers following you)

Step 1: Find an army base, or "aggressive base" that will attack if you get to close.
Step 2: Get to close :P But DO NOT fight back! Wait till you have at least 2 choppers after you... Dodge bullets of course (or god mode if you got it, most likely)
Step 3: Run away from the base, the choppers follow firing on you.
Step 4: Keep running until your wanted level goes back to none.
Step 5: Congratulations, you now have a permanent loving relationship with a couple of huge metal flying things. If your lucky you will have more than 2.

Resolution: Use grap hook, hijack, jump out, rinse repeat. Or shoot em down with whatever you got, rocket launcher, ect..

Errorsftl.
30th Sep 2006, 12:14
Also.. I get the stuttering issue RIGHT when I start the game.. so.. =/

pongo7890
30th Sep 2006, 12:51
Also.. I get the stuttering issue RIGHT when I start the game.. so.. =/
yeh so do I.Its really annoying. :(

Errorsftl.
30th Sep 2006, 13:16
Actually.. can you tell me something? Do you happen to have onboard Realtek AC'97 Audio? I think there's a conflicting issue with Just Cause and onboard sound from alot of people I hear but it's just speculation.

Ceano
30th Sep 2006, 14:19
This is not a bug but needs fixing, you cant change the key settings for jump on to a vehicle when you is parachuting, the default key is (E) and every one doesn't want that. Also the zoom in and out keys is fixed to CTRL and Shift, what in heck is up with that? i want to configure my own zoom keys to mouse wheel but that isn't possible :scratch:

adv1
1st Oct 2006, 00:41
Argh...the constant 'Stop right there citizen!' and helicopters opening fire at everything every few seconds is starting to get VERY annoying :(

Mugman
2nd Oct 2006, 18:20
Bump

Keep 'em coming.

Has anyone seen any official word from Eidos about all the bugs?

UrUfU
2nd Oct 2006, 18:40
I thInk noBody see it.
EIDOs don't see our requests for patchs.
They don't WoRry AbouT that gREAT pRoject (Whitout BuGS i mean :d)

Mugman
2nd Oct 2006, 20:01
I thInk noBody see it.
EIDOs don't see our requests for patchs.
They don't WoRry AbouT that gREAT pRoject (Whitout BuGS i mean :d)

My god. My IQ went down reading that. Please spare us.

Crypton
2nd Oct 2006, 20:26
:lmao: :lol:

now I have strained a muscle laughing :D

Citnarf
3rd Oct 2006, 00:37

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

UrUfU
3rd Oct 2006, 04:48
Pies Ci szczal na suty! Ciag sie nie doruchana dziwko co sie masturbuje kilofem, nie sory mlotem pneumatycznym :lol:

You understand this? :D

So you think that you're master of english:lol:
Nobody is perfect i come from Poland/Sweden so don'y laught from my replies:mad2:

Tack Sumike

Citnarf
3rd Oct 2006, 04:51
Pies Ci szczal na suty! Ciag sie nie doruchana dziwko co sie masturbuje kilofem, nie sory mlotem pneumatycznym :lol:

You understand this? :D

So you think that you're master of english:lol:
Nobody is perfect i come from Poland/Sweden so don'y laught from my replies:mad2:

Tack Sumike

I dont think it was your english, it was just that you kept using capitols in the wrong places :D

blakey83
3rd Oct 2006, 07:44
now now girls......no fighting****

Citnarf
3rd Oct 2006, 08:24
now now girls......no fighting****
Only girls dont like fighting :rasp:

blakey83
3rd Oct 2006, 08:27
:lmao: :lol:

sleeplessone
3rd Oct 2006, 09:16
A bug i have noticed is that when you go to the pda and then to the guerrillas too see your rank, you are unable ( i am unable ), to see which safe house is unlocked on the next rank if one is available.

When i do this for the Rioja cartel from the pda, it works ok.

TO Crypton : Are you able to use SetPoint software for your Logitech MX518 gaming mouse which allows me with my Logitech G5 gaming mosue to adjust the keybinds for the extra keys with application Management. ie battlefield2 i have got both the thumb button and the tilt wheel left and right done for keystroke keyboard binds and it doesnt affect other games or windows.

Also i have noticed checkerboard corruption and artifacting but i may have solved it with settings. Anyone one else have similar problems with ATI cards ?

my system :

Athlon xp 2800+
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe motherboard
2 gig DDR400
ATI x1600 Pro 512MB
Catalyst 6.8

Crypton
3rd Oct 2006, 14:02
TO Crypton : Are you able to use SetPoint software for your Logitech MX518 gaming mouse which allows me with my Logitech G5 gaming mosue to adjust the keybinds for the extra keys with application Management. ie battlefield2 i have got both the thumb button and the tilt wheel left and right done for keystroke keyboard binds and it doesnt affect other games or windows.

yep, but for the most part I prefer to not have things in the background running, mouse should be detected and able to be used without setpoint. 5 button are very common these days.

sleeplessone
3rd Oct 2006, 14:38
maybe so that a 5 button mouse is common now in this day and age ... but remember its always up to the developers to support more than a 3 button mouse ..

usually mice software like logitechs setpoint are not that much of a drain on resources and to my knowledge do not interfer with games much.

only one problem i has before with a microsoft mouse and intellipoint software to do keystroke binding to the extra keys,
the problem was that in all but one game , quake 3 arena the keybinds and wheel worked .
I had to stop the mouse software for quake 3 arena to use all buttons on the mouse and then re-enable the mouse software if i then swapped games.

I reckon joypad/joystick support should be there though.

Crypton
3rd Oct 2006, 14:47
maybe so that a 5 button mouse is common now in this day and age ... but remember its always up to the developers to support more than a 3 button mouse ..

usually mice software like logitechs setpoint are not that much of a drain on resources and to my knowledge do not interfer with games much.

only one problem i has before with a microsoft mouse and intellipoint software to do keystroke binding to the extra keys,
the problem was that in all but one game , quake 3 arena the keybinds and wheel worked .
I had to stop the mouse software for quake 3 arena to use all buttons on the mouse and then re-enable the mouse software if i then swapped games.

I reckon joypad/joystick support should be there though.
Every game I have played thus far has worked with 5 button, have been using them for quite some time. With exception to this game.

Everything on the mouse works without the software including setting the DPI on the fly via the +/- buttons on the top near the wheel. As well as the other button that does misc things depending on where you are (example on documents, it can flip the document)

I do not think it is so much the "supporting" that needed to be done, I think the whole processing of porting it to PC was just half baked. Don't even get a mouse pointer in game menus.

May not use much resources, but should not be required. The mouse is designed to work without it and your given the "option" to use the software for advanced settings such as automatic DPI settings based on D3D/OpenGL Games. But even then, you can manually adjust the settings ingame using the buttons on the mouse. The less running in the background the better. In some cases and some games I even go as far as using FSAusotStart to setup automatied things like shutting down services, and closing explorer.exe, just boils down to user preference.

In the case of Logitech, the whole process of detecting and enabling the use of the extra buttons is done in windows, using windows own API. So, basically the game does not fully support windows, not my mouse.

Crypton
4th Oct 2006, 04:47
Not currently sure how to reproduce this, if I can remember to have fraps running to catch it so you can see what I am talking about..

However, sometimes, randomly after you have been hit by a vehicle, sometimes your character falls down "laying down" as if he is dead, but you still have life left. Unfortunately, you cannot get back up. So I can switch my weapons, ect.. and move the mouse to view from diff angles, but cannot ever stand back up, only resolution so far is to load a save game.

Again, not sure how to reproduce it.. Seems random and after getting hit somewhat harder than just gunfire, (vehicles, helicopter crashing on you, or a short fall off a building, hill/mountain side) And not a far fall, at least not far enough to kill you.

sleeplessone
4th Oct 2006, 10:18
I have a nice bug , glitch between the game and ATI Calalyist drivers 6.8 and 6.9 although 6.9 have caused Just Cause to crash.

http://www.sleeplessone.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/jccbc.jpg

Apart from the checjerboard corruption above , the artifacting, having parts of polygons stretched worse than Pinocchio's nose when he lied, and alot of pausing/freezing for a few seconds.

Im enjoying the game.

- one bug is that the spray from the agency boat is not always complete, ie there should be 4 points , sometime only 2 are visible.
although this is fixed some times but exiting and re-entering the boat.

[EDIT] sorry , forgot my system

my system :

Athlon xp 2800+
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe motherboard
2 gig DDR400
Connect3d ATI x1600 Pro 512MB AGP
ATI official Catalyst 6.8
Direct X 9.0.c

My DixDiag output (http://www.sleeplessone.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/download\dxdiagtest.txt)

px3l
4th Oct 2006, 15:20
Oh mighty game... not

I have a realy anoying problem...

my game crashes as soon as i get and use the grappling device... which is in the beginning of the game... so i cant play... so i payed 50 euros for... 10 minutes of a game... if you dont fix this within 1 day ill be pissed... aaah stupid games, why do they release a game that isnt even finished.... retards....

sleeplessone
4th Oct 2006, 18:03
the mosty anoying problem for me is artifacting , distored polygons over streched since it can obstruct vision and almost effectivly blind you when driving or shooting .... and the periodic slowdowns although thankfully it returns to normal

apart from that and some minor issues its bareable.

a major issue is i find some ladders are ok to go up but but once up and you want to go back down again its sometimes impossible to get in possition to press e and use the ladder.

this is for me usually when the ladder goes over a ralling or a small wall on a roof to stop you from falling off.

I understand your plight px3l ... i sometimes feel that games today feel more fragile than they used to.

DreamEndless
4th Oct 2006, 18:23
A huge list but here are the worst, most already mentioned:

-The infinite helicopter attack with some hispanic idiot screaming "STOP RIGHT THERE CITIZEN" ALL THROUGH THE DAMNED GAME!:mad2:
-The "if you touch a moving plane SLIGHTLY the wrong way when grappling it, you die instantly" bug
-No mouse settings
-No joypad support (COME ON! It's a fricking CONSOLE PORT!)
-Very poorly optimized engine - FPS rambles between 30 and 180...
-Total garbage vehicle control (the flying ones aint too bad). This would be sorted with the joypad thing...
-REALLY dumb side quests. I mean they are tedious and there is only about 3 different quests that keep repeating. Way to skimp on the creative development, guys:rolleyes:
-The flying people bug. Try taking over a compound using an attack HELO. It's quite fun but the issue is if you rocket the last guy you have to take down there is a 50/50 chance he will be blasted 2 miles across the landscape. Because the genius programming then detects that, if you try and follow him to kill him, you are abandoning the mission, you instantly fail. Nice physics... oh yes...:scratch:
-Not really a bug, but why do ALL vehicles saunter around at about 15 MPH?:confused:
-Last but not least the issue with wanted levels. Touch a military vehicle but once and you may as well quit and reload... best example is the mission where you have to blow up the power reactor. The briefing fails to mention the naval base in front of it which, if you get within 2 miles of it, permenantly raises you wanted level to max and then missiles you back to the stone age...

This may be an impressive engine but so far the game is VERY poor indeed...:(

AMD X2 64 4600+
2 GIG PC3200
2 x 7800GTX (SLI)
400 gig SATA2 RAID 0 Array

marcocatena
4th Oct 2006, 20:36
Damn game! I died and I clicked continue and i appeared in the garage!!! and i cant get out!!!!!!!

Haddock
6th Oct 2006, 15:18
I picked up some C4 (triggered) and i didnt recive a damn Trigger :mad2: >.> anyone know where one is?

px3l
7th Oct 2006, 12:53
i guess that the time has come that the people who make the games are so competitive against eachother, that they just work to fast and just not finish the game correctly... its like we are playing a game that is in a beta stage...
look at the old times like quake and duke nukem... finished games with realy endless hours of gameplay... get back developers and if u make a finished game... ull get satisfied gamers who will buy with more confident:...

Sillage
8th Oct 2006, 11:28
I have to ad some things to all the quoted things I got down under here.

The game freezes for a few seconds and then continues like nothing has happened. Gets more and more the longer I play

Some ppl just kamikaze in to my car and gets killed (even if I drive slow like a 90 year old woman with eye sight problems) and then I have a wanted level on me. And this happens when I have no wanted level at all or stolen a car.

While standing on the roof on a car I can still steer the car, man that some cool shoes this dude got.

Boats that drive straight up on land and then the driver jumps of and walks down in to the water and swims away.

Like quoted under here and it cant be said to many times.
NO DAMN AUTOAIM FOR PC GAMES, EVER,,,,,
Also being able to have settings for the mouse would be nice, yeap it would.

That damn "Seize citizen, this is the police" and so on, no one is near me and it sounds like that damn police is siting in my car with me screaming that.

Vehicle handling is, well to be blunt, lousy. You could at least have copied GTA´s handling of vehicles.

As said before, I can take tons of bullets in the back but not a slow crawling car that bump in to me.

The cars don't stop until they have run over you and you are dead, then they stop, thanks.

Like plenty of ppl have complained about, the damn swimming controls,,, daaang, I try to stay out of the water cause of that.

Helicopters just falling from the sky and some times they comes up from the ground while chasing you and they explode in front of me :confused:

Pls fix this issues and let us enjoy the game, cause it is a game that is fun but the bugs are killing us.

I have tried the lowest resolution and settings and the maximum, no difference in the graphic bugs for me.

AMD Athlon XP 2800+
1280 DDR-SDRAM PC3200 (200 MHz) - [DDR-400]
ATI Radeon X800, 256MB

Askem
09-23-2006, 01:43 PM

Graphics
When cars come into view from a distance they like have this section of the vehicle that is seperate from the rest floating in mind air along side it. but hwen you get close it dissapears and the vehicle looks normal!
The same sort of thing happens when you watch someone on either a bike or a jet ski, but this time they dont have their hands holding the steering bars and instead they are just stuck in a kind of dummy frozen position until they get close enough!
Every now and again you will see parts of the road dissapear or start to clip, but when you move onto the road itself it goes away
Sometimes the sky will flicker for no reason
Lotsa clipping!
People can walk through the tires of the vampire monster truck
Vehicles can become stuck on very small rocks (and even other cars)
People getting stuck all over the place! then they start doing that mad clipping dance until they free themselves

Game
Game physics make the game kinda mental at times, especially when you have the slow mo camera enabled! say you will be driving along on a bike and get pushed then the action camera will kick in for no reason (maybe you are spinning or just doing a small jump) and it kinda of wrecks the action camera
Garages at your hideouts dont always open when you walk up to them which means you cant get to the goodies you parked inside
Spotting mental npcs who suddenly get off jetskis and then decide to walk up the side of a mountain in the middle of the sea! theres lotsa stuff like this goin on but I guess you have to spot it when it happens
Why is it Rico can actually climb pretty much any hill in the game no mater how steep it is?!?! makes you feel like you can cheat the game by taking shortcuts which kind of makes it less fun (unless you are looking to base jump) which actually makes it useful!

Mugman
09-29-2006, 01:48 AM

I'm so frustrated by this game I'm compelled to post here(and email avalanche). The problem is the game's got so much potential, but a miriad of small issues add up to be a complete pain in my ass.

Here's the small list I came up with in the hour or so I played. This is the PC version.

Birds fly through buildings(not a really big deal, but just sloppy)

Motorcycles do piroettes if jumping from hills at the right angle. It stops and spins on the front wheel a few times.

Tons of clipping issues. If I jump in the bed of a truck(or most any vehicle for that matter), I am hovering in mid air a few feet above the bed.

Horribly implemented auto-aim---This is a PC we don't need autoaim with a mouse if the controls are solid.

All vehicle physics are wonky.

Non-existant AI. NPCs walking around doing ridiculous things, shooting at walls.

Ridiculous Pop-up and mysteriously appearing bad guys. They spawn on top of you...behind you... C'mon guys, this isn't Doom2.

Almost invincible. I was running through the mission where you liberate the first town. I had 1/4 bar f health when I started...didn't pick up any health packs on the way and after seeing my screen flash red non stop had almost the same ammount opf health when I finnished.

Did I mention the aiming system is FUBAR?

No mouse cursor in the menu?

No mouse sensitivity adjustment?

I can't map my mouse buttons? I've got a Logitec Mx518. I can't use the middle or the side buttons.

I can drive my motorcycle through the smaller trees. They've got to be at least 4" thick. At least make them knock over, not fade to see-through when I pass through them.

When I do crash the motorcycle, no matter how fast I'm going my guys does a flip and lands on his feet?

I had to uninstall this game because it frustrated me so much. What's worse is I really like the game!!!

Congrats Eidos. You just got my $$

I won't make that mistake again. I'll lump you in with EA for ruining games if you don't try and save face here by getting avalanche to patch.

Crypton
09-29-2006, 05:05 AM

* AI Randomly driving into trees, ect.. that are away from the road after they were driving perfectly fine... Shooting at odd things (as someone mentioned, walls. AI need a tuneup most definately.
* 99% of the time when you approach a ladder (such as one on the side of a building) the action for using/climbing it does not show, you have to constantly back away, then move forward again to get it to show/enable. Happens on other objects as well, such as vehicles.
* Firefly Helicopters? I cannot seem to get them running, I have tried entering in from all sides, (front right side) the props start, but then suddenly stops, out of fuel or bug?? Maybe I am missing something here. Even after controlling the territory.
* Post Processing Effects, much overdone.. Too much blur, way too much haze, ect.. I have to turn them off to enjoy the game at all, but with them on, everything is more "vibrant". :/ sad tradeoff to give up the vibrance due to overblur. Blur happens to an extent when blur is off and just post process is on, and even moreso with heat haze.
* Rain Effects (even with Post Process On) looks like "poo", it definately could use some editing on the graphic files for the rain drops..
* Slow Downs during gameplay.. It gets really annoying having to exit the game and restart it up again to resolve it (memory leak/pixel leak?)
* Odd problems on some systems (or all) where sometimes a reinstall is needed to play without getting a crash on startup of game (just before getting to full screen from desktop) Seems to be linked between the games use of RadTools binkw32.dll and Windows kernel32.dll
* Ability to remap controls is nice (much better than the demo) however, no analog. ect?? And does not recognize my Logitech MX518 Gaming Mouse extra buttons (5 buttons total) but cannot use the 3rd, 4th, and 5th? Can in other games. Controls are also a bit buggy, driving is fun, but hard to control many vehicles. Planes, Choppers, and Boats seem fine, only seems to apply to ground vehicles. (With exception to the Walker PA Twin Fin, VERY difficult to get off the ground and the slightest touch of left/right you crash/blow up before getting off the runway)
* Some sounds are oddly lower than others, sometimes free fall (Skydive) you have to open the parachute (after jumping from a plane) and then close it (goto freefall again) to hear the sounds better. But even then, the sound it too low, need more bass/wind and jump suit sound action going on here.
* Running over people (such as others driving/motorcycle) or in the water, running over a jetski with a huge tug, doesnt effect them? At least have some blood splatter !
* Have to agree with others, need mouse control in menus
* Again, agreeing, aiming is choppy.
* Graphics for Water/Forests/Jungles ect.. look great when close to the ground, or on a boat viewing the scenery from a river, but when up in the air such as in a plane, SkyDive, ect.. Water has a massive ugly "tiling" look.

adv1
09-29-2006, 04:37 PM

- No.1 problem for me - the awful disappearing vehicles issue. Spot a good vehicle, turn the camera away for a second and the game has deleted it. Same immensely irritating problem the GTA series used to have
- Analog joypad support needed - bikes are especially hard to drive with keyboard
- More graphics options - AA and filtering etc.
- Some helicopter rockets do not actually destroy vehicles despite explosion effects
- Almost instant death when hit by vehicles is too harsh
- Some sound effects seem louder than they should be when they're not actually that near to you
- Too easy to get a police wanted level but hard to lose it
- Random fights between police and guerillas are good but seem to happen way too often
- Auto-aim unnecessary annoyance for PC gamers
- In heavy jungles the game slows down - but if you then swing the camera down towards the ground there's a sudden over-the-top boost in speed (as the engine suddenly has less to draw?)

fw190a8
09-29-2006, 10:58 PM

Menu Screens
I knew this was a console port as soon as I realised there was no mouse pointer in the menu screens. PCs have this strange human interface device known as a mouse. It would be nice to be able to use it.

Where are all the graphical options? Yes, you can choose resolution and a measly selection of other options, but that's really pointless.

Why are there only 10 save slots? This is a PC. I have many many gigabytes of storage and it would have taken a matter of minutes to implement a file-based save game system instead of a slot-based one. Especially considering the need to save due to the abundance of bugs, this is not good enough.

Why bother letting you remap the controls if you're limited to keyboard only? Do you want to fly the helicopter with your mouse? Great, you can map the controls to do this, but nothing happens. Again, just really sloppy.

Invisible Helicopter
Every so often in my game, Rico gets stalked by a phantom helicopter. Apart from the fact that it makes a really annoying noise the whole time and won't go away (despite having no wanted level), as soon as Rico gets a wanted level, the helicopter begins unloading lead into him.

Swimming
What the hell were you guys thinking? We already have a perfect swimming system in use in other FPS games like Half-life 2. Why come up with your own system, especially when it's absolutely terrible? Let me guess... it works fine if you're holding an XBox 360 controller.

Vehicle deaths
Seriously, so Rico can take hundreds of bullets from an army of gang members, but then he steps out in front of a car and he's dead instantly. Score one for game balance.

Aiming
The PC is the father of first-person shooters. id brought us Wolfenstein 3d, then Doom. Millions upon millions of people every day play Counterstrike Source on the PC. PC gamers know FPS. You have insulted us by bringing some kind of lousy auto-aiming system to the PC because you couldn't be bothered to remove it. Even when you give us a crosshair, there is acceleration on the mouse. Acceleration. In a FPS. Hit detection is terrible and unsatisfying. This is woeful. If there is anything that needs to be fixed first, it's the FPS elements.

A good game
Don't get me wrong. I really do like this game, but I feel like my enjoyment of it has been ruined by the bugs that anyone other than a blind deaf and dumb playtester would have been able to spot from a nearby planet. I have tried to play through the bugs but there's just so many and I can't bear it any longer, but I do want to carry on playing. Please patch this now and save me from feeling like I've wasted my money.

DreamEndless
10-04-2006, 08:26 PM.

-The infinite helicopter attack with some hispanic idiot screaming "STOP RIGHT THERE CITIZEN" ALL THROUGH THE DAMNED GAME!
-The "if you touch a moving plane SLIGHTLY the wrong way when grappling it, you die instantly" bug
-No mouse settings
-No joypad support (COME ON! It's a fricking CONSOLE PORT!)
-Very poorly optimized engine - FPS rambles between 30 and 180...
-Total garbage vehicle control (the flying ones aint too bad). This would be sorted with the joypad thing...
-REALLY dumb side quests. I mean they are tedious and there is only about 3 different quests that keep repeating. Way to skimp on the creative development, guys
-The flying people bug. Try taking over a compound using an attack HELO. It's quite fun but the issue is if you rocket the last guy you have to take down there is a 50/50 chance he will be blasted 2 miles across the landscape. Because the genius programming then detects that, if you try and follow him to kill him, you are abandoning the mission, you instantly fail. Nice physics... oh yes...
-Not really a bug, but why do ALL vehicles saunter around at about 15 MPH?
-Last but not least the issue with wanted levels. Touch a military vehicle but once and you may as well quit and reload... best example is the mission where you have to blow up the power reactor. The briefing fails to mention the naval base in front of it which, if you get within 2 miles of it, permenantly raises you wanted level to max and then missiles you back to the stone age...

Crypton
8th Oct 2006, 17:24
[list]
Firefly Helicopters? I cannot seem to get them running, I have tried entering in from all sides, (front right side) the props start, but then suddenly stops, out of fuel or bug?? Maybe I am missing something here. Even after controlling the territory.
Just wanted to note that after I had started a new game sometime ago, the firefly choppers work. Maybe something glitchy in the savegame I had before. (the savegame I posted is my new one, not old) I no longer have the old one as I deleted it. Anyow, working.

Mugman
14th Oct 2006, 06:27
Bump

Please patch this $39 coaster.

linkinkampf19
14th Oct 2006, 16:46
I've been having a lot of trouble with freezing and the game just quitting out on me. I'll be playing and then either a CTD or possible BSOD. I have the latest drivers for my video card, no artifacting or corruption, and no other possibilities.

My specs: (copied these from another forum I frequent)
AMD Athlon64 3000+ @2.08 Ghz, not OC'ed, except for the Cool 'n Quiet drivers
Gigabyte GA-K8NS mobo, F19 BIOS, unknown revision version (1.x or 2.x, according to Giga's site)
1.5 GB Corsair ValueRAM - ran MemTestx86 before format, no errors. (3 sticks 512 btw)
XFX Geforce 6600GT 128MB 8x AGP - sometimes fan whirs very loud, though a few adjustments and it's fine after startup. Ran dxdiag, no problems. 91.47 drivers. Now I have the X-Treme G Forceware drivers 92.91. Same problems.
Creative Audigy2 ZS, I feel this is the source of my woes. Have the latest drivers from Creative's site (came out on October 9th)
Plenty of storage, though I don't see how this could be problematic - 60GB WD, 160GB Maxtor Diamondmax 9
Lite-on SOHW-1693 Burner
HP Combo drive
Generic 400W PSU.

tywashere
15th Oct 2006, 18:14
wtf, I used to have no bugs NOW it crashes on start up :(

linkinkampf19
16th Oct 2006, 03:47
Found the problem with my problem. Looks like it wasn't the game, but a faulty memory slot as far as I can tell. I tested all three stick I have in the first slot, closest to the processor. All three passed Prime95, Just Cause and UT2004 with flying colors, no Bsod or crashes at all. As soon as I put a stick in the third slot (all three together that is), Prime95 detects and error in its algorithm. I have yet to test the games on it though in this state, but that's only because it's late now. I can deduce now that it's either a mad slot, overheating, or just that a stick is truly bad, however much it passes. Shooting in the dark still.

FARHAN-FX
16th Oct 2006, 10:11
I bought just cause yesterday and installed it perfectly. But what happens when I try to load it? Oh yes...

justcause.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

WHY???

Can u help me to fix the problem

e-mail me shuaib_sharif@hotmail.com

briansnj
17th Oct 2006, 13:55
Many of the bugs I will report will be repeats of what others have experienced..but I wanted to contribute because this game has great potential and can still be saved. Welll....maybe.

Major issues -
THE STUTTERING issue...oh dear god in heaven...the STUTTERING:mad2:
I have 8 helicopters following me constantly, randomly attacking and killing targets. If I scrape a car and get a rating of a 1, a helicopter comes out of nowhere and starts shooting me up. The helicopters have sniper-like precision even when I am running through dense jungle cover!!!!!!!:mad2: Can't be located for extraction or heavy drop on a high clear, flat area but if move a couple paces...all of a sudden I can get all that done.:mad2: The physics in this game are screwy at best...I can't turn left or right in a car without the risk of a 360 spinout. :mad2: This game revolves around shooting and driving...and yet they seem like an after thought thrown it by the developers when these are two core features that should be as perfect as GTA San Andreas. Sometimes it takes me a full clip or two to kill a common enemy and other times I can kill him with a few bullets. I can fall out of a plane and smack the water or take shot after shot from bad guys, but if a car barely grazes me...half my life is gone!!!!!!:mad2: No warning that I am about to drive a car or boat into restricted areas until I have a chopper after me!!!:mad: Sometimes the vehicle weapons in a boat or truck are available, and other times they do not work at all.

Minor Issues -
Birds fly through everything. Headlights do not always work or stay aligned with vehicles. No in game clock to tell me what time it is or when night is coming. Struggling to get a boat to just stay still so it does not float away when I dive for something. Way too many random gun battles and fights going on, helicopters shooting stuff up. Sometimes there is no "trail" or indication that a grenade was thrown and sometimes no indication that your car is on fire...you cannot see the flames, you blow up and die. To select a side mission, you walk up, press the USE button to activate. No choice. There should be a YES or NOT AT THIS TIME dialog in case you made a mistake. Bad texture alignments/clipping. People walking around and "crossing the street" repeatedly in weird places like on bridges or deep in the jungles.

I definitely think this game could be great and I hope there is an expansion pack or a Just Cause 2 that is lean, mean and NOT A PORT job.

My PC (just in case the developers try to blame my equipment)
AMD FX cpu
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
2GB Corsair
2 300GB SATA2 Seagate hard drives
Creative X-Fi Fatality card (Also tried using my old Audigy 4)
2 NVIDIA 512mb 7950GTs running in SLI mode (tried downgrading to just one - didn't make a difference)
Of course, all the latest updates and drivers as of today!

Shyguy
20th Oct 2006, 07:08
Half of the problems many of you have, I have never encountered, but some I have...

Lack of Vehicle sounds when you are in a vehicle... funny thing is, when I jump in a vehicle I can't hear the sounds of it, as well as rarely can hear the horn of the vehicle... BUT, I found that when running FRAPS to record in game footage, the videos of the game you CAN actually hear the cars sound, unfortunately they are too low sounding, but you can hear them...

My biggest gripe right now, has got to be ground vehicle handling... I forget where it is, but its on the 3rd or 4th island, but one perfect example is the one car at the one safe house, the Rally car looking one, damn is that thing sloppy, driving at slow speeds & it turns & drives out of control like theres no tomorrow, get up to higher speeds & it irons out a bit, but then it tends to not steer enough...

also, its really lame how when your in a given vehicle, that some how, be it the cops or rival cartel members, when they are in their vehicles, EVEN MOTORCYCLES, they can easily catch up to you, & even push your vehicle around... however when YOU get in their vehicles, can you do the same, NOPE, you can barely nudge them at all...

Put this in perspective, I was cruising around in the chopper one day, & found the salt mine area, jacked a front end loader/bulldozer & crept along the roads... was rediculous that I could barely push another vehicle with it, if I had a cartel or cop car in front, it would be enough to slow the dang thing to a stop... bikers slamming into the side of the thing, would slow it, etc etc...

tonight I got sick of it & left the game, as getting sick of driving a fast vehicle, & the cops or cartel members somehow catching up to me, & then ramming me aside into some trees, & these were ones on Bikes... since when does that happen?

aside from the lame vehicle controls & physics (mainly when your in them), as for the graphics... I have no specific gripes... all areas of the game load fine, no hiccups (at least none Ive noticed), haze, heat vapor, clouds etc etc all run perfectly for me... water detail is excellent, even at high altitudes I don't have much complaints about details, things could be better, but when your several thousand meters up in the air free falling, fine details of the land below is one of the last things I'm worried about...

running FRAPS while in the game, my frame rates are pretty good, anywhere from 30fps at the lowest to almost 100fps at times, usually hovers around 40-60fps, running the game at 1280x1024... Honestly I'm pretty confident I could run the game at max settings & at my monitors max res of 1600x1200 & not take that much of a hit in frame rates, as long as it stays above 35-40fps average then I'm fine with that...

& I'm not running at low setting or anything, my ingame settings are about half & half of Moderate to max settings...

My system specs...

Athlon 64 X2 4200+
1GB DDR400
MSI K8N Neo4 SLI Platinum
74GB WD Raptor, 60GB ATA100 Maxtor, 80GB ATA133 WD
SB Audigy 4
XFX GeForce 7800GT 256MB
WinXP Home/SP2

(and all WinXP updates & driver Updates are current, including Direct X, there was a small update of 9.0c that was needed for the BF2142 Demo not normally listed on the MS updates If I remember, prior to that I could not get that game demo to run)

but other than that, sounds & what not are fine for me, & just about every other aspect I have no real gripes about, except the main menu interface needs mouse controls, & would be nice to have some sort of gamepad support being it is more or less a direct Console port...

mapping of keys was a bit awkward for me, but I managed to get them set right finally... as to my mouse's settings, I'm using a Logitech MX-500 & havent tried to see if I could use the extra buttons on it, so not even sure about that...

the only other thing I can think of that sticks out is the wacky camera controls, its nice that you can spin the view around & all, but when driving vehicles your stuck with using a manual camera view, that you use with the mouse which can be very annoying when trying to watch where your going or a FPS type view which just doesnt seem right, can't really put my finger on it, but that view just seems too narrow so to speak, not enough peripheral vision in that one... why you can't have multiple fixed views while driving is beyond me, a Bumper cam, high overhead rearview, low overhead rear view (both of these looking forward, you know what I mean, like in most racing games), drivers seat view, etc etc... I just hate driving the cars in one direction then having to dink around with the camera & face it in the right way, sometimes in the chaos that can ensue, I get my bearings messed up & can't correct the camera quick enough to see where I'm going...

other than that, not much else...

but I sincerely hope that a patch will come out addressing the Vehicle controls & physics, as well as the AI vehicle physics, & the sound issues & hopefully the graphics issues everyone else seems to be having...

alobao
26th Nov 2006, 02:57
ive the bug in the second mission the liberation of the towns when i arrive to the second liberation my pc turn off or go bsod

mockier
3rd Dec 2006, 07:40
First off I have enjoyed many aspects of the gameplay, level design and graphics. Under the bugs that makeup Lost Cause lies a great game called Just Cause. Please fix the crash bugs immediatly so the the game is playable. In it's current state the crashes and the limited save opportunities make this otherwise excellent game totally unplayable. Once the crash bugs have been fixed could you also release a game play patch to fix the other issues.

These are the bugs I have encountered since I started playing 3 days ago.
Crashes tend to happen once every hour or so and generally the lockup the system forcing me to do a hard reset on my PC.
Everytime I do this I risk doing damage to the partition data on my PC.

How you treat your customers can have a lasting impact on your reputation as a publisher or developer. Given the great aspects of this game it is sad to see the slow response to the issues plaguing the game. It would be best for everyone if you release a date for the first patch this week.
Such a patch should focuss on fixing crash bugs.

Crash Bugs. Must be fixed ASAP.

1. Numerous crashes that cause my PC to lockup(In the game world). Generrally these are accompnied by audio stuttering. At least one was caused by data getting stuck on the video card(not allowing resources to be reallocated). All crashes occured after or during attacks on Bases.

2. Several crashes that cause my PC to lockup(Menu). This has happened 3 times whilst I was browsing the menu.

3. Several crashed to desktop, useually accompnied by audio stutter. In all cases this has happened after finishing missions.

--- I have worked in the games industry before as a artist and QA and I would say that the above were all caused by memory leaks in the Video card and possibly the audio card. ---

Secondary Bugs (Probably related to crash bugs)
1. Audio Stutter and game slow down bug.

Tertiery Bugs (Annoying bugs that don't cause crashes).

1. Some vehicle handling is awfull. early vehicles such as the agency bike spinout far too easily. After a while I makes me feel sick. Games should be enjoyable. Please make all vehicles perform as good or better than the Agency 4WD.

2. Cannot use grapple to hijack hovering Chopper. Please change the max angle to 90 degrees or more.

3. Bloom effect is too strong. Please add an option to switch off bloom seperatly from AA and AF.

4. At the Guerilla base "Air Support"(I believe), there is a helepad on top of the garrage. Please enable the game to save the presence of any chopper left on the helepad. Eg in the same way that vehicles in the garrage are saved.

5. Please reduce damage suffered by getting hit by a vehicle by 50% or more.

6. Currently Armoured vehicles seem to be ably to damage themselves when their shells explode too close. Please disable that damage.

7. Sometimes when assaulting a base all the friendly NPCs dissappear leaving the player alone.

My PCs stats:
CPU: AMD 3200+ Athlon
RAM: 1GB Corsair DDR 400.
MB: Asus A7N8x-e Delux (Note that I have a dedicated sound card - see below).
Audio: Hercules Gametheatre XP.
Graphics: Asus x800 Pro.

darkavenger06
25th Dec 2006, 21:53
Hi guys, i seem to be having the same problem! I cant believe how crap the support is for this game. Eidos used to be a good company in my eyes and i have always thought highly of them, but because of the many issues in this game and no patch after 3 months, despite knowing these issues, it just seems like eidos dont care! Thats customer service for you!

Problems with the game after playing for 20 mins:

Water is clear instead of blue, i cant even see it! The only reason i know its there is because i see boats hovering 10ft above the floor, and the shore line is visible as the waves splash onto the beach. Other than that... wtf is going on ?

No mouse support in menu's! I mean come on Eidos, u cannot rip a damn console game and just leave everything exactly as it is, expecting it to work perfect for every pc in the world! PC's have a mouse, so use it! You wouldnt miss out buttons when configuring the console version!

Buildings not even touching the floor! Another issue... i mean did ur 10 year old kids make this game? Can you even allign buildings properly?

Loading issues, when playing the game and moving into a crowded area i experience about 5 seconds of loading issues which seems like a crash. This is not because i have a crap pc either. I have a gaming pc and a laptop, so far i have only played this on my laptop, and its a damn good one!

Bought my laptop last week, updated everything, drivers, windows etc so there are no excuses for the problem being my laptop. It has no spyware, viruses etc that would affect the performance of the game.

Another issue, when calling in a vehicle.... the helicopter flies over.... without a box in its winch, and it randomly creates a box in the sky and drops it!

My laptop specs are windows xp, service pack 2

t2300 dual core intel processor
1 gig of ddr 2 ram
100gig hard disk
ati mobility x1600 graphics

All capable of playing the game!

its been 3 months since the release of this game and still no patch. When games from EA come out they usually release a patch within 2 weeks to fix any issues. why cant Eidos do this? They take ur money, then tell u to FO

Ryan

ghotten
16th Jan 2007, 19:52
I can tell you a problem. A really big problem. One i cannot ignore much longer. How i might just be going along in a boat, or a car or whatever, and bits of the land are imprinted on the sky in dark blue colours. A whole goddamned bridge I could see one time. Bloody hell, i cant wait for eidos to release a patch for this bull.

bath tub is real
26th Jan 2007, 11:41
Argh...the constant 'Stop right there citizen!' and helicopters opening fire at everything every few seconds is starting to get VERY annoying :(

this is happening to me but all the guuerillas attack me and the police are my allies. this only started AFTER i completed the game? i made a new game and it works perfectly but i want to max out my completed game!!!!!:mad2:

ashtrodude
5th Feb 2007, 03:41
ummm yeah can anyone help me please i have a 512mb Ati radeon x1300 and it has shader model 3.0 and just cause only requires 2.0 but my guy in the game does not have any shadows on him or the cars:mad2: its acting likw when i had a GPU with shader model 1.1 it only has shadows on the ground:mad2: from trees and my guy
can any one help

My PC Specs

-Ati Radeon x1300 512mb AGP
-abit motherboard
-1gig of ram
-intel celeron 2.66ghz
-3 HDD 160GB total
-cd drive and dvd drive

fraggmatic
21st Feb 2007, 23:34
After 60 to 90 minutes the game starts stuttering, with choppy framerate and sound, basically a slide show. Shutting down and restarting the game fixes the issue for the next 60 minutes or so...All drivers are up to date. Same issue with or without the AMD DualCore Optimizer. Definitely not a pc problem, can play all recent games without this issue. WHERE IS THE PATCH FOR JUST CAUSE?
:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

SagaciousElder
21st Feb 2007, 23:47
This is an old thread. Post on newer ones for the love of me.

cazzer
22nd Feb 2007, 11:14
in return to fraggmatics post i have exactly the same problem but it happens after 5 minuits.:mad2: :mad:

SagaciousElder
22nd Feb 2007, 21:09
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=65756

SmoothRKJ
11th Mar 2007, 13:44
The garage doors just closes as soon as I get out of the vehicle I was in.
I can't come out coz' I'm stuck in the garage. There's no other way out either. In some garages this happens to me, the others don't.

And also that is mentioned before sometimes a vehicle of some sorts just pops right out of nowhere just infront of me when I am at high speed. And CRASH! That's very disturbing.:mad2:

The End.
No more bugs to report.:)

Threesa
16th Apr 2007, 15:58
Any help?

I changed nothing to software or whatsoever. While gaming, my game crashed. Now I tried restarting it, it wouldn't. Reboot, reinstall, windows hoftix, al driver creative, deleting sfx file ... nothing seems to work so far.

I run the .exe and like 1 second later it closes itself again. No error whatsoever.

Xplodzion
5th Jan 2008, 17:01
I found one, to add to the enormous list that eidos will never look at.

Installed and played the game yesterday, tried to play the game today, game didn't start at all, reinstalled, same thing, reinstalled video drivers and dx, same thing.

CCJ
10th Jan 2008, 02:01
Horrible game. First and foremost, the game doesn't run for ALOT of people who purchased the real disc. Secondly, the vehicles are really stupid. You cannot do stunts with them, for some reason everytime my vehicle flys over some cliff or something, it comes to a dead stop once hitting the ground. Another problem is the mouse sensitivity. how the hell is someone supposed to aim with it reacting so slowly?

The mighty tophat
13th Jun 2008, 05:33
hi. i just got this game, and i loved it. but once i got up to the level where you have to take out the power station it crashed. now, when i click on the just cause icon it makes HDD noises and the light flashes, but it wont go into the game. help me!!!

dobi_93
12th Jul 2008, 10:55
EDIT - Excuse me for posting in this topic. I'll post in the other. Delete this post if you want...

mhajii210
10th Aug 2008, 18:06
Vista Home Premium 32-Bit SP1
ASUS P5N-E SLI nVIDIA nFORCE 650 SLI (0608 BIOS)
Intel Core2Duo E6420
CORSAIR TWIN2X2048-6400C4 2GB KIT
BFG GeForce 9800GTX 512MB (175.19 NVIDIA driver)
SEAGATE 250GB ST3250620AS SATA2 16MB 7200RPM
PCI Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic (SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_15_0006)
Westinghouse LCM-22w3 Black 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor

The most annoying issue for me, as reported by other gamers, is that the game starts to stutter and slow down after 30 minutes or so. I tried lowering the settings and the same thing happens. I can't ALT-TAB since the game crashes when I do. The only way to temporarily fix it is to exit out of the game and restart. Has anyone found a way to at least extend the time before the slow down happens? Any suggestions please let me know! I really like this game but this slow down bug is incredibly annoying!

mhajii210

WarGetX
2nd Feb 2010, 16:10
Hello i have a problem in game, the game crash when I back windows and i have largest very big problem:
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7445/justbug1bf1.png
This is not my screen, or this the same bug, i have:

GTX260+ ZOTAC Edition amp² (the bug is also 8600GT and 8800GT)
I7 920 2.67ghz
6Go DDR3 1600mhz tri channel
Asus Rampage II gêne
Windows Seven 64bits

Sorry for my english, and i'm not screen of my game, but my game crash when I made a screenshot.

Stoned oh yea
29th May 2010, 01:06
*A real bug problem*

Well i can not find the thread to report a problem for the xbox 360..however i have found a very annoying bug, its happened to be a few times, but this last time i just bought a jet from the black market for 30k and it spawned it pointing off a cliff, so i had to tie it to a truck and pull it out and straighten it. when i got out of the truck my jet was gone? and it made a sound like my wire snapped yanno..its happened a few times and it sucks lol

Buff Rockwell
2nd Jun 2010, 20:17
"Help me Obi Wan Kenobi"!?

When I play Just Cause 2 on my Xbox, On the Reapers faction mission titled BLACK GOLD the game FREEZES every time I attempt to approach the oil rig.

This of course means that I am completely unable to progress as I am autosaved to the beginning of this mission.

Please can someone come to my aid as, until I hit this wall, I was genuinely convinced Just Cause 2 may well be the greatest game ever created!

LightningStrike
31st Dec 2010, 16:28
If you grappelhook a militaryboat you end up at the minigun but you can´t exit the gunposition.

If you save the game while at the minigun in the boat and then load the saved game you start the game at your last checkpoint with the minigun in your hand and unlimited ammo... :)

This is PC version with update 1 installed

ShadowDragon
5th Feb 2011, 22:15
I really was enjoying this game, bug's not withstanding, until today. After almost a month of fun I did something dummy and died. No biggie right just till it "yes" you want to continue and BLAMO back to where you where and its all fun again.

WRONG!!!! :mad2::mad2::thud:

The game came back and I said I had kill 3 billion, 3,260,498,654 or something like that, and I had no weapons, no mission nothing. Then some lameo guard shot me and I did the "yes please continue" thinking that all the "bad" would go away. Nope completely wiped my game. I have no weapons, no missions and no known items on the map screen. No factions, no mission, no money . NOTHING.

The game is now corrupt and will require me to do a "new game" hopefully that will fix things but if not I''m not out the game purchase.

For those who care its A PC game and I have the specs as follows.

Windows 7 PRO
ATI Radeon 4840 w/1G of ram
AMD Phenom II X4 920
8G of ram but only addressing 3.2 until I reload with 64bit.

masterlum
13th Feb 2011, 11:54
Hey, I started playing this game today and have had nothing but trouble. Its been freezing randomly during gameplay and then after I close it down I re-open it and it wont load or it freezes when I try to load my saved game file. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice and nothing seems to fix this. I have a very powerful computer with a brand new GTX570 with the most recent updates for everything. I am playing the game through steam and I have the steam files all installed to my secondary hard drive. However, steam has had no problems until this game.

Then the MAIN ISSUE is pictured below in the link .. as I drive any vehicle the map begins falling apart and the faster I go and the farther I go it gets worse and worse, like the engine cant keep up with it, until it eventually disappears completely and I fall into a hole in the map and keep falling until I blow up or die.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7073/jc2bugimage.jpg (http://img135.imageshack.us/i/jc2bugimage.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

masterlum
13th Feb 2011, 11:57
on top of all that when the above happens I click continue my game and it says my save file is corrupted. Then usually freezes again. Im about fed up with this game.

If anyone can help id love it.. lol (sigh)

masterlum
14th Feb 2011, 04:52
So I don't really know what was the cause for all the chaos I mentioned above but I uninstalled steam and everything with it last night and reinstalled it to the main hard drive and today I tried JC2 and it seems as though the problem has been solved.. What a mess. Glad its over.

gabriel1475
16th Feb 2011, 06:17
I will NEVER buy this game, after what I've heard here, and the lack of concern from the developers. Dont support JC2, if this is how they feel about us. We support them by buying the game, and they basically ignore us? According to everyone here, they wont even bother returning emails? No way!

I will never buy from this company again, on principle. Unacceptable!

Aceindahole
23rd Feb 2011, 00:10
I just recently bought this great game over the past weekend when it was on sale on Steam. When I play the game, I will play without a hitch for about 20 minutes and then randomly the game will slow down extremely (to the point where it isn't playable, about .2 FPS), the sound will flicker and everything will obviously be slower, like the Esc menu or PDA. I have verified the files on Steam and ran a Defrag on the files a few times over. I have an almost new computer that exceeds all of the minimum requirements for the game, and even (according to Can You Run It) would be able to run the game on maximum settings, but to keep it from stuttering I turned all of the Video options down. I looked on the forums and didn't see anything like this problem happening, any idea what it could be?

Thanks!

Edit: Also, with this problem, the game does not actually stop responding (like when I go to my control panel and try to force close it, it will be very responsive), so I can't give you guys any type of error message.

macymagiska112
4th Apr 2011, 18:08
Just save a lot and you will be safe!