PDA

View Full Version : Just Cause Sound Issues

Askem
23rd Sep 2006, 10:36
I have been playin JC all morning and have noticed that when ever I select a vehicle to use in the game I can never hear the sound from that particular vehicle, only the surrounding sound effects. But then when I am moving if another vehicle goes past I can hear the sound that other vehicles make just fine as they go past. :confused:

I have checked all my sound settings and they are set to exactly the same as normal and work in all other games. This is what I have and how it is set up:

Audigy 2 ZS
5.1 sound setup
Creative Audigy 2 January 2006 driver

I have tried different sound settings but nothing helps.

Has anyone else had a similar problem then?? :scratch:

adv1
23rd Sep 2006, 17:21
I had the exact same problem as you. I tried a few things, I even re-installed my Audigy 2 ZS sound driver. I eventually fixed it by changing my speaker settings:

- Launch the Creative Audio Console (for me it's located at C:\Program Files\Creative\AudioConSole\CTAudRun.exe)

- On the Speakers tab tick 'Synchronize with Windows Control Panel', and make sure you select the correct speaker layout. I changed it to 2.1 as I have 2 desktop speakers.

That seems to be the cause of the problem, because if I change it to 5.1 or 7.1 the problem reappears, though it's also possible reinstalling the soundcard driver might have helped. I followed this guide to installing the drivers:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=179193

happyman
18th Oct 2006, 19:59
I have the exact same problem, but I have the game for ps2. Here is what happens: i'll all of the sudden be driving along, sound working when it will all of the sudden stop making sound for my car, but all other sounds will still work. Sometimes I will be driving my soundless car, and the sound for my car will come back all of the sudden.

I also have a graphical problem too: a blue dashed line appears at the bottom of my tv screen, and we're not talking about no small dashed line, oh no, this thing is large enough to be hugely annoying.

Please help me!!!