PDA

View Full Version : Acceptance into Beta testing

Shizmatic
3rd Oct 2013, 04:52
Apologies if this comes off forward for any reason but I was wondering when we could expect to hear if we've been selected for Beta testing Nosgoth? I've been a fanatic of the Legacy of Kain series for ages and even more so, any sort of vampire lore (V;TM, World of Darkness, etc.) as a whole and am chomping at the bit to test this remarkable collaboration. I've sent a request in along with my specs and was curious if there's a specific wait time?

Again, apologies if it seems forward and thanks very much for your time.

Fondest regards,

Shizmatic

Anacrothe
3rd Oct 2013, 13:14
I know you probably want an answer from the official people but to the last question I believe that they will start picking from applications when they announce it the beta so I doubt it matters if you were first to apply ( applied the minute I saw it was open). Often in betas they pick based on whats needed but sometimes randomly. My two dimes.

ZeroFernir
3rd Oct 2013, 13:30
I think that as soon as they start closed alpha/beta they post something in the blog session of this same site.

Rivenmjk
6th Oct 2013, 00:43
im also waiting on this as well...im so anxious to give this game a test drive :)

Shizmatic
7th Oct 2013, 00:05
Ah, thanks much for the feedback. Any word is appreciated. Just figured I'd put this out there in order to get an idea even if its from peers ans such. I suppose my excitement for this particular game has me at the edge of my terminal, so to speak. I'm anxious to give this a real test drive.

ZeroFernir
7th Oct 2013, 00:07
im also waiting on this as well...im so anxious to give this game a test drive :)

You are not the only one, my friend... I wanna be and alpha tester! crossed fingers! =D

Anacrothe
7th Oct 2013, 03:59
Ah, thanks much for the feedback. Any word is appreciated. Just figured I'd put this out there in order to get an idea even if its from peers ans such. I suppose my excitement for this particular game has me at the edge of my terminal, so to speak. I'm anxious to give this a real test drive.

As we all. I am also waiting on the World of Darkness.

PS:Whats with the red font? xD I love red but its odd.

AlterRequiem
7th Oct 2013, 07:27
srsly dat red

ZeroFernir
7th Oct 2013, 12:27
As we all. I am also waiting on the World of Darkness.

PS:Whats with the red font? xD I love red but its odd.

The red font is really strange =P but I think that the people from the dev team should write in orange.

RainaAudron
7th Oct 2013, 12:34
What´s up with you guys having the same signature, just in different colour? :D

LordNekronom
7th Oct 2013, 12:36
Guild :D

ZeroFernir
7th Oct 2013, 12:39

That's right =D I created the first Nosgoth Guild, and one of our members did that in like 198376406409182364123 different collors Kkkkkk...
We've got also a walpapper from him, and a Facebook cover from other... Looks like we are really looking forth for this game, huh? xD

RainaAudron
7th Oct 2013, 13:20
Oh, I see now :D I was just confused for a sec there, hehe. It´s cool that you got guild running already :)

ZeroFernir
7th Oct 2013, 13:21
Oh, I see now :D I was just confused for a sec there, hehe. It´s cool that you got guild running already :)

Yeah, xD wanna join?

RainaAudron
7th Oct 2013, 13:51
I´ll think about it ;)

ZeroFernir
7th Oct 2013, 13:58
I´ll think about it ;)

Thank you =D I would love having you on our team =D

I am a little bit aprehensive because of alpha/beta apllications... My PC has no video card (it uses an Inboard card...) so everyone say it sucks, but it does not =P I actually play some heavy games (such as Crysis 2) in it with absolutelly no problems...

MattTetska
8th Oct 2013, 17:40
Thank you =D I would love having you on our team =D

I am a little bit aprehensive because of alpha/beta apllications... My PC has no video card (it uses an Inboard card...) so everyone say it sucks, but it does not =P I actually play some heavy games (such as Crysis 2) in it with absolutelly no problems...

I think with a beta test the reason they ask for specs is because they need to see how well the game runs across different builds, since computers all have different components. They may pick people with both low end and high end builds, along with standard builds.

ZeroFernir
8th Oct 2013, 18:02
I think with a beta test the reason they ask for specs is because they need to see how well the game runs across different builds, since computers all have different components. They may pick people with both low end and high end builds, along with standard builds.

Yeah well, I hope so =P

Hyrosauce
8th Oct 2013, 21:58
I also hope to get accepted into Beta! My processor is great. It can handle a lot. Not to mention I'm a huge fan and this wouldn't be the first time I've beta tested.

Rynfear
8th Oct 2013, 22:05
Here's hoping the first batch of beta keys goes to the people who kept interest and joined since they first saw the trailer.

My computer is old and crappy. Perfect benchmarking tool.

ZeroFernir
8th Oct 2013, 22:52
Here's hoping the first batch of beta keys goes to the people who kept interest and joined since they first saw the trailer.

My computer is old and crappy. Perfect benchmarking tool.

If so, I think I would be one of the first alphas kkkkk

MasterShuriko
9th Oct 2013, 19:14
Aah so it was a Guild/ Clan mark =D

ZeroFernir
9th Oct 2013, 19:22
Aah so it was a Guild/ Clan mark =D

Yeah... didn't you saw the thread?

MasterShuriko
9th Oct 2013, 19:31
Yeah... didn't you saw the thread?

Havent read the guild threads that much yet *blushes*

ZeroFernir
9th Oct 2013, 19:46
Havent read the guild threads that much yet *blushes*

there is only mine yet, in this very sub-forum.

r0ckwolf
15th Oct 2013, 01:25
I feel you Bro!^^ The general tone and expert art design of the LoK series is incredibly good and i have yet to find another series that can do better. It looks like the game has captured that essence by the footage i´ve seen and i am dying to play it.

SirFancyPants
15th Oct 2013, 23:47
I honestly can't wait for this game love the legacy of kain games and frankly anything involving vampires I've been with this since day 1 and every day I check my email hoping I was accepted into beta I really really hope this game is as good as it seems

Reidbynature
16th Oct 2013, 00:02
With the accepted players under a NDA I can't help but wonder. Will we see regular news and updates about the game from Psyonix & co. or will it be largely quiet for the duration?

Monkeythumbz
16th Oct 2013, 10:43
With the accepted players under a NDA I can't help but wonder. Will we see regular news and updates about the game from Psyonix & co. or will it be largely quiet for the duration?
Regarding the blog, Psyonix are likely to be mostly quiet for the duration of Closed Alpha so that they can focus on resolving software issues and get the game into Closed Beta ASAP - they will, however, continue to have as active a presence possible on the forums during this phase.

In terms of application acceptance, currently we're focusing on proximity to our servers to mitigate ping (or lag) - we're slowly ramping up the number of people playing concurrently so as to stress test our servers proportionally. We'll be giving more people access over time, however the schedule for this is reactive to the bugs we encounter along the way so it's impossible to provide exact timings.

Our numbers in Closed Alpha will be very limited compared to Closed Beta, when we will have more server locations and the flexibility to support more concurrent players.

Reidbynature
16th Oct 2013, 11:15
Ok. Thanks for the heads up, Monkeythumbz. :thumb: