PDA

View Full Version : online game

carl bithell
22nd Sep 2006, 12:26
Hi

Can anyone give me some advice i have just recently completed ig and i am looking at gettting onto online games but i cant figure out how to start a game or join a game, i already play online games with dawn of war but this one has got me stumped.

DrBreem
23rd Sep 2006, 11:37
hi carl .
i've the same problem.it appears you need the ip address of your opponent.if you'r really interested we can make a try.reply this thread to let me know.:D

carl bithell
23rd Sep 2006, 13:45
Thanks for the reply i would love to give it a go and see if we can get a game going.
My ip address is 82.16.43.133 i think let me know when you want to give it a go .
Cheers ...

DrBreem
23rd Sep 2006, 16:44
hi again.
thanks for your rapidity.
here's my ip:80.104.151.118.
choose the time & the date you wish to play,you can find me anywhen(i'm jobless actually...)so i've got plenty of time.
i don't know if there is a chat during the game, so if somethething goes wrong during the play we can stay in touch through this forum.what do you think?
:D

Mike_B
23rd Sep 2006, 16:49
Heyas,

You might want to consider exchanging your ip adresses via the private message system as that's a bit safer :)

I also believe - as far as I remember - that you can also play IG via gamespy.

carl bithell
24th Sep 2006, 01:55
Thanks for that mate i am in the same boat job wise but i am on the sick at the moment , and i will give you a time and date 2morrow if thats ok.
i will drop you a line on here with the details.
carl

DrBreem
24th Sep 2006, 09:50
roger,roger.
i stay tuned.:thumbsup:

ecky-thump
26th Sep 2006, 08:21
Do you have to play 1 vs 1 via IP? or are there any servers. can u have matches bigger than 1vs 1 ?

DrBreem
26th Sep 2006, 11:16
from the panel control "multiplayer"of the game you can select until
4 players .
the server appears to be gamespy(installed automatically with ig):scratch: ,but i couldn't get through.

carl bithell
26th Sep 2006, 11:37
Hi sorry for not getting back to you on sunday but my cpu fan decided to call it quits and die.
I am on my mates comp at the moment mine should be back up and running on thursday so we can arrange to get a game going and we can make it a 3 player if the other member wants to join us .

DrBreem
26th Sep 2006, 12:43
completely agree.
the more we are the best it is(or something like that,you know my english is not at the top).:nut:
just one thing,i never played online,as such before our first encounter i will need some tips.
here how i intend to run a multiplayer session,tell me if it mistaken.
1:at the choosen date & time open connexion.
2:run ig.
3:go to the multiplayer panel.
4:click "internet" (at the right of "lan" button).
5:insert the ip(in that case your).
at this point ig should do the rest.

carl bithell
26th Sep 2006, 18:21
that sounds about right mate if we set it for some time this week.

Hi mate are you ok for sunday night about 5 pm my computer is working again now thankfully.
Let me know if this time is ok with you if not we can change it to suit you .

DrBreem
28th Sep 2006, 14:51
that's fine.
but do you mean:
sunday 1st october 17h00 in the afternoon.
or the night between sunday 1st & monday 2nd at 05h00.

carl bithell
28th Sep 2006, 14:56
sorry i meant 1700 hrs and yes sunday the 1st october if that is ok for you .

DrBreem
28th Sep 2006, 15:09
i'll be there with my troops.:mad2:

carl bithell
29th Sep 2006, 09:04
Hi mate sorry about this but i forgot its my nieces birthday on sunday and she is 18 and i have been invited for abit of a do at my sisters house at 17:30 can we bring the game forward to about 1300 hrs if that is ok with you.
My memory is getting stupid i would forget my own head if it was not screwed on :lol: .
I hope this is ok or we can make it another day,the only reason i remembered is my sister rang me this morning and asked me what i was getting her for her birthday on sunday and she told me not to forget (which i did).

DrBreem
29th Sep 2006, 14:36
it's no trouble for me.
i've got the same problem with my memory,maybe i need an upgrade.
about sunday it's 13h00 in the early morning,isn't it?
i must check my time zone,13h00 for you means 12h00 for me,if you live in the UK as i guess.
anyway i'm stuck to my comp. all the day,so one hour more is not a big difference.
see you on the battle field.

carl bithell
29th Sep 2006, 17:28
Hi mate i am not sure of the time difference as i am not sure which country you are from i am from the uk, and i meant 1300 hrs in the afternoon if that is ok.

DrBreem
29th Sep 2006, 18:09
13h00, sunday,i make a note of it.
i won't miss.
by the way,i'm from italy.:eek:

Mike_B
29th Sep 2006, 20:13
You guys might find this useful:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html

Although I believe Italy is gmt +1 and England gmt so that shouldn't be too hard to figure out ;)

DrBreem
1st Oct 2006, 10:46
***news flash***

i've just give a look to the manual instruction and you know what ?we are all wrong.
in order to play online one of us must be the host and set a game,the other player join.
on the multiplayer panel on the right side choose the name of the game ,a password ,the number of player,then press create a game and wait incomers player.:eek:

carl bithell
1st Oct 2006, 11:27
oh that changes it a little if you want i can set up a game and then you can join or you set one up and i will join.
Either way i dont think it really matters who set one up as long as we get to play.

carl bithell
1st Oct 2006, 11:35
As we are both sat at the computer why not do a trial run to see if we can get it right.

DrBreem
1st Oct 2006, 20:05
hi
i've been to the game spy arena,http://arena.gamespy.com/,and they do exactly the same we do here,i mean you can take dates with another player.
and to keep the score you must take a screenshot to proove your victory.
not very confortable.

carl bithell
3rd Oct 2006, 12:29
if you are good at ig then join in with our online game you wont be dissapointed dr breem is a fantastic tactician who will make you think about your strategy and tactics, which is what this fantastic game is all about.
For those of you interested both myself and dr breem are trying to get a regular game going so that we can all enjoy this game and fight against real people and not just the computer.
if interested then leave us some feed back on here.

Duke of Potsdam
12th Oct 2006, 16:11
hey carl when did u still plan on doing a 3 person with me and dr.breem?

carl bithell
14th Oct 2006, 09:59
I am available most of sunday from about 4 onwards if thats any good

DrBreem
14th Oct 2006, 11:50
hi carl.
choose time ,i'll be there.

carl bithell
14th Oct 2006, 13:43
Hi mate how does 17:00 hrs sound to you

DrBreem
14th Oct 2006, 14:40
hi friend.
tomorrow 17H00 i take a note.
last thursday i played with duke but the connexion crashed at the third game.
he told me he will be busy this week end,so maybe we'll be only you and i.

Duke of Potsdam
16th Oct 2006, 12:06
Hey carl,

I checked with dr. breem andasked him if tuesday afternoon 530 EST is good and i am awaiting his reply. If he agrees would u like to join?:D

m&r
13th Sep 2007, 15:39
hey dudes.I really love playing IG but i don't know how to play in multiplayer and i really want to.Please help me!!!!:confused: :confused:

m&r
13th Sep 2007, 17:13
ahhhhh!If i do learn how to play in the multiplayer can i like join dr.breem's and carl's multiplayer battle?Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee