PDA

View Full Version : TTL PC issues...

DaddyBiz
21st Sep 2006, 18:58
Yesterday was my sons birthday and I took him to Future Shop to buy a new game and he picks TTL...I'm thinking cool game and not a bad price to boot BUT so far I'm wishing we could return it but since it's been opened a return or exchange is not possible !

His PC Specs...

Athlon 1.33 ghz socket A
Abit KT7A-RAID VIA KT133 MoBo
512 ram (PC133)
WD 800JD ATA133 (40 some gigs free)
Radeon 9600 Pro 256 ram AGP
SB Live

The game installs smoothly but when you go to start it the game crashes....

http://www.pbin.ca/Personal/ttlcrash.JPG

I ran the can you run it tool...the only thing he falls short on is the 1.4ghz cpu, his is 1.33 :rolleyes:

All his other 3D games work perfect....COD, COD2, AA, GTA SA, UR GOTY, Will Rock ect ect. His system's drivers are all up to date too as is Direct X ?

A fix would be greatly appreciated....

DaddyBiz
21st Sep 2006, 21:55
Ok whats with this game man...I just installed it on my system, it plays fine but the music snap crackles and pops :mad2: Gameplay sounds are ok though...

My System....

Abit AV8 3rd Eye
Opteron 148 (2.2ghz) socket 939
1 gig DDR 400
SB X-Fi
Radeon X800 Pro 256 meg
2 WD800JD SATA RAID 0

With all other the games I play the music is flawless :scratch:

DaddyBiz
21st Sep 2006, 22:43
On my son's system it's not a cpu speed hook in the exe that's preventing it from running...I OC'd his to 1.4ghz and we still get the same error message at startup. I'd really like to return this game...I mean com'on 2 systems and it won't run right on either one ?? WTF is with that :rolleyes:

DaddyBiz
11th Oct 2006, 21:31
Holeee chit, quite a few days have gone by and still no reply from tech support...this is really lame...I buy my kid a game, it won't work and nobody cares :scratch:

intrepid_soul
11th Oct 2006, 23:54
Holeee chit, quite a few days have gone by and still no reply from tech support...this is really lame...I buy my kid a game, it won't work and nobody cares :scratch:

This is a technical forum, not a forum for technical support. What are the dates on your sound and video card drivers?