PDA

View Full Version : New (official?) Tomb Raider magazine

MissLara2U
21st Sep 2006, 15:45
A member of our forum (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?p=1248458) spotted this earlier on today.

http://www.deagostini.co.uk/laracroft/

21st Sep 2006, 16:45
Woo! Ordered my copy :)

GoranAgar
21st Sep 2006, 17:00
Cool, so we do not have to get the french version.

RuumTaedor
21st Sep 2006, 17:18
I'd love to be able to purchase the figurines here in Canada, but it seems I'm outta luck. I'll have to check again to see if something is available now.

Johnny
21st Sep 2006, 17:27
I'd love to be able to purchase the figurines here in Canada, but it seems I'm outta luck. I'll have to check again to see if something is available now.

Try eBay. :)

Rose662
21st Sep 2006, 19:59
1. It does not look official. Look at the company putting it out.

2. They're not forthright about the price before you order. Legit companies don't do that. If it was official, they would be.

Headache
21st Sep 2006, 22:45
1. It does not look official. Look at the company putting it out.

2. They're not forthright about the price before you order. Legit companies don't do that. If it was official, they would be.
Maybe so. But then again, they might still be working on it.

Treeble
22nd Sep 2006, 00:03
Not fair. The English covers feature the Legend model, while the French ones have the AOD one. I'm halfway (ok, I only have 22 of them) through the French collection and I really don't see myself rebuying them all nor having half in French and half in English, but I DO feel tempted to buy some of the English mags just for the sake of it. And that drags me over to other point - if I have one, I'll want them all. :(

Plus they say there are five sections, there's actually a sixth ("Combat Techniques")

And OMG look at those free gifts for subscribers. I thought not being able to subscribe the French collection was bad enough, now there's another one I can't and it so annoys me. :eek:

Sophia Leigh
22nd Sep 2006, 00:37
I'm pretty sure that DeAgostini is "official". We subscribed to their Disney Princess collection a couple of years ago for our daughter, and it was good quality so I hope the tomb raider series comes to Australia too. :thumbsup:

Treeble
22nd Sep 2006, 01:06
The figures ARE neat and well done, they pay a lot of attention to detail, but since they're hand painted you can notice some minimal 'fails'. My blue jumper Lara (Legend, no Coat outfit) seems to have dog eyes, but really you can only notice if you look up close and straight into her eyes. When she's on the shelf, she's just a perfect kicking ass figure. :D

I'll try getting up a picture of my current Atlas (DeAgostini for the English...) collection. I might buy some more in December, depending on what reply I get regarding my queries about the lifesize Legend model. :rolleyes:

Legendary Lara Croft
23rd Sep 2006, 16:38
I wonder if they plan to release this collection in the usa

ladylinnycroft
23rd Sep 2006, 20:16
i'm so glad it's come to the uk.....i remember last year when it came out in France i was seething with jealousy! this will push the price right down on the figurines currently on ebay which are so overpriced.....

15th Oct 2006, 08:38
Got a letter from Deagostini on Monday and the downside to the magazine free gifts is that you get one per batch... so basically 5 gifts, 5 months, with the best gifts last (minus the lethal and loaded DVD lol) ... :mad2: (Check the scan) So yeah, 5 months at 11.98 is is almost 100 pounds.... These magazine people are evil!

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/4120/grrrrrmu1.jpg

Still ill see how issue 1 and 2 is... if they aren't worth the money ill cancel there and then! lol

MissLara2U
15th Oct 2006, 10:06
Did you sign up just for the documentary?

ambrosia
15th Oct 2006, 14:25
What about the figurines, do you get those also?

Treeble
15th Oct 2006, 15:22
I'm following the French edition so I can't tell you how accurate is the information presented, but the resin figures are really nice (and they get a lot better in later editions, the first few ones might come across as fake).

It's really expensive to have them imported (on top of the 9 euros per issue I have to pay around 70+ for shipping and then 60% of the final value to get them released on customs down here...), but I'm determined to follow the French collection to the end. After that I'll have to find a way to get these nice gifts and maybe some of the English collection... :D

So, long story put short: IMO - worth it. :cool:

Headache
15th Oct 2006, 15:40
I'm following the French edition so I can't tell you how accurate is the information presented, but the resin figures are really nice (and they get a lot better in later editions, the first few ones might come across as fake).

It's really expensive to have them imported (on top of the 9 euros per issue I have to pay around 70+ for shipping and then 60% of the final value to get them released on customs down here...), but I'm determined to follow the French collection to the end. After that I'll have to find a way to get these nice gifts and maybe some of the English collection... :D

So, long story put short: IMO - worth it. :cool:

..Then you can send them to me.
:D

Treeble
15th Oct 2006, 15:42
:lmao: If I could, I would. ;)

Should I ever win the lottery you'll recieve them all m'dear. :D

Headache
15th Oct 2006, 15:45
:lmao: If I could, I would. ;)

Should I ever win the lottery you'll recieve them all m'dear. :D
Then I suggest you start hitting up the 7 Elevens. (which probably aren't the convenient stores you have around there)

But I did find some on Amazon.com :eek:

15th Oct 2006, 18:47
:mad2:
Did you sign up just for the documentary?

Nah i've had that DVD years.... I meant the best gifts are last (t shirt, figurine stand), except the lethal and loaded dvd which is terrible! Why can't they replace this gift with something good like some sexy postcards or stickers. HMMMMM

What about the figurines, do you get those also?

Figures also come with the magazine, one per issue. I'm not sure which will come in the first issue... I'm hoping a Legend or aod one :)

Treeble
15th Oct 2006, 18:53
If you don't want it I'll take it. :whistle: :D

zx beccy
20th Oct 2006, 12:30
[QUOTE=20193]:mad2:

Nah i've had that DVD years.... I meant the best gifts are last (t shirt, figurine stand), except the lethal and loaded dvd which is terrible! Why can't they replace this gift with something good like some sexy postcards or stickers. HMMMMM

QUOTE]

Plus the documentry is REALLY out of date now! I mean, 5 or 6 years old now isn't it?

ladylinnycroft
20th Oct 2006, 19:50
i subscribed ages ago.....haven't heard a peep apart from the letter i got too....but they are taking their time....i haven't seen it advertised on the box yet...i would assume they would start arriving when they have been advertised......but not anything yet....in the words of dire straits "i want my Tomb Raider mag!"

Treeble
26th Oct 2006, 21:46
I like this figure so much I thought I'd post it here as well...

This is the next one in the French collection, should be available on the 9th of November. She's soooooo pretty. :cool: :thumbsup:

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9581/imgp0682im0.jpg

I'm sure Headache will like this one... :whistle: :D

Headache
26th Oct 2006, 22:27
You're damn right! (I'd like it better if she had the jacket on though.... to much grey...)
BUT STILL!! :D

ambrosia
29th Oct 2006, 13:57
I like this figure so much I thought I'd post it here as well...

This is the next one in the French collection, should be available on the 9th of November. She's soooooo pretty. :cool: :thumbsup:

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9581/imgp0682im0.jpg

:cool: thanks for posting treeble.

3rd Nov 2006, 17:25
Got my mags through today! :D

I got a right result! I didn't get free gift number 1 (poster) so instead they gave me a free issue which has 2 figures on it! WOOOOOOO :)

The figures are great and the mag looks pretty good too, can't wait for more :)