PDA

View Full Version : Nepal XBOX 360 bug...what to do?

sibling chris
21st Sep 2006, 14:59
I am mightily miffed off right now

I've got completly stuck due to a bug in the Nepal level and don;t know how to get out of it

Basically I got towards the end of the nepal level where the pathway starts crumbling after you get excalibur

I tried jumping across the crumbling paths a couple of times and didn;t manage it then realised I could actually go to the right and jump to safety with realtive ease...

....then what? nothing....

I pranced around for a while

saved my game

I had to search on-line to realise because I hadn't gone the "correct" way the cut scene into the next level did not trigger. what a stupid design

but now I can't get the next level to trigger at all, and remember that save? well it went over the top of the only save I had from the previous england level

so now I'm in a position were I cannot restart nepal and I don't have an earlier save to go back to and redo things

If you replay the previous level (england) it doesn't take you through the cut scene into the next level. I cna;t replay nepal becasue I haven't compelted it yet.....

so how the b*******s am I supposed to complete nepal and move on to the final level?

Do I have to wipe my game save completely and start from the beginning of the game?!?!?!?!

any help greatly recieved!

Joshorty
21st Sep 2006, 20:21
ooooo I know what your problem is but I'm not good at explaining it but someone actually discovered this bug about Nepal 'cause like you said, you're suppose to jump straight to the exiting door but you jumped to the "sides" and you're left stuck....however, (if you know I'm not talking about the situation you're in don't bother reading the rest! sorry if this is no help:()

I'm thinking maybe if you SHIMMY along the sides and you can still get to the exiting door! (I'm gonna need a screenshot of this to explain better - sorry :()

sibling chris
21st Sep 2006, 20:37
ooooo I know what your problem is but I'm not good at explaining it but someone actually discovered this bug about Nepal 'cause like you said, you're suppose to jump straight to the exiting door but you jumped to the "sides" and you're left stuck....however, (if you know I'm not talking about the situation you're in don't bother reading the rest! sorry if this is no help:()

I'm thinking maybe if you SHIMMY along the sides and you can still get to the exiting door! (I'm gonna need a screenshot of this to explain better - sorry :()

well thanks for the ideas - you are right in what you;ve assumed from my description

Look here.....
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/walkthrough/images/nepal09.jpg
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/walkthrough/level07.html

I went were it says "do not go here"!!!! but I didn;t find this info till after I had done it

this is were I need to get to...
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/walkthrough/images/screens_level07.html

BUT I have managed to get to the point where the cut scene into the next level should be triggered. I've managed to directly jump from the right hand side, shimmy round the ledge and then jump, been up to the top of the big staircase then dropped down....also hung with the grapple from the roof and dropped down....none of them work....

i think the fact that I went back down to the icey area has messed it up, because I went through a check point and then saved I heard somehow this can affect the area that is supposed to trigger the cut scene into the next level

I contacted eidos support cos I was so miffed, but I guess I'm going ot have to delete all my game data and start from the very beginning to resolve it :(

Joshorty
21st Sep 2006, 20:49
Okay - well you did what I suggested already I guess it doesn't work - sorry again:( most likely or maybe, make a new save :( but wait for Eidos to respond to you first of course!

sibling chris
26th Sep 2006, 19:51
well eidos haven't responded yet.....after a week :(

....but I guess they are all working on new stuff now....I have to say though until I got to this bug I thought the game was great.....but it will make me think twice about forking out for eidos games in the future :(

Joshorty
26th Sep 2006, 20:07
Sorry about that :( Well ye know, I kinda think the 360 version was a bit rushed. If you've played the current-gen graphics, comparing to the next-gen, they look "incomplete" or "dead" (like the character models and faces). 'cause originally, this game was suppose to come out like a month after-is.

aussie500
26th Sep 2006, 23:11
l doubt very much if Eidos will ever respond, it is not really a bug, you can go that way on all versions and still complete the game, but you chose to go elsewhere rather than complete the level and now you are stuck. If you had chosen the correct path which was pretty obvious you would have been right. You could have even taken the right hand path and still completed the level by hanging from the ledge, but once you go through the checkpoint on the stairs you are stuck it seems. You will simply have to go back to your last save or restart the game if you do not have a saved game. If you insist on trying to find an even easier way to do the game than what CD has already mapped out then l would suggest you save at the start of each level so you can at least restart the level.

sibling chris
4th Oct 2006, 20:58
aussie500 - I fundamentally disagree with your point of view. this sort of game is essentially an advneture game, your supposed to try things out and work out how to do things. Admittedly some sections of this game are on rails (like the bike riding for example) but Nepal isn't really one of these.

anyway disagreeing doesn;t really help me so we'll just have to agree to differ

I did get a response from eidos......

Dear Sir or Madam

Thank you for contacting EIDOS Interactive Limited customer support.
Your customer number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I am afraid the only way to proceed here would be to start again. There isn't much more we can do as there doesn't appear to be a level select cheat for us to give you in order to skip to the end of Nepal.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

:( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:

aussie500
4th Oct 2006, 23:33
l agree it is an adventure game and you should explore as much as possible, and when playing the previous games SURELY you thought to save your game a bit more frequently than it seems you did here. Just because you have the convenience of the autosave is no reason not to save the game, since the minute something goes wrong with the auto save you a generally stuffed. Many people made the same mistake in some of the bike sections, and ended up having to restart the game because they had not actually saved anywhere. Same with the ocassional XBox 360 glitch in the England level. Saving your game has always been important when playing Tomb Raider and will continue to be necessary in future games. The auto save point is just a feature to save you time, not something you should be depending on if you run into trouble

sibling chris
5th Oct 2006, 20:04
well I'm with you on that one, definitely should have saved more!...