PDA

View Full Version : Dont recognize this level, do you?

Verios
20th Sep 2006, 16:20
Hiya Folks,

So I was wandering around YouTube looking for TR PSP videos (considering getting one of those little things heh) When I stumbled upon this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mCkbB2qKwU

For the life of me I cannot figure out what level that..looks like africa..but I dont remember that area (must have played that level 30 times so far lol) ... did it get cut perhaps? PSP exclusive area or something along those lines.

Bah...perhaps you can figure it out! heh :)

Rascalius
20th Sep 2006, 16:46
Nice find, dude. You're right, it does look like Africa but there were no lasers in Africa so I'm pretty sure it must have been cut. Pity though, cos it looks like a very cool level. Well done finding it. :thumbsup:

Treeble
20th Sep 2006, 16:54
I think it's from one of the Tomb Trials modes. Did you see the wall traps? Wow!

*please, please let this be on the GameCube version too*

StarChampagne
20th Sep 2006, 17:13
Thanks!

Would've been nice to have seen this kind of thing in the PC game... *grumbles about length of game* Oh well, next time eh?

blue_box
20th Sep 2006, 19:25
Thanks! That's great :eek:

I'll be glad to see some more videos showing psp time trials...

Terminatorvs
21st Sep 2006, 00:29
I dont know, where that is from. Can only guess. Perhaps it's from the early stage of development. Or it could be from the sequel. One thing for certain: it's not from TRL.

Treeble
21st Sep 2006, 00:43
It is from the PSP version, and I'm positive it's part of the Tomb Trials mode despite having never seen those at all. I've just heard those modes are very old-school and, come on, how many traps could you count on that way up? :rasp: I know there's another level called "Fiery Maze", and judging by the sound of that, I'm pretty sure it's very similar to this (regarding the traps).

Where's Joshorty when we need him? :D

Yami_Seirei
22nd Sep 2006, 21:11
For every puzzled person's information that clip is the 'slice and dice' level that is only available on the PSP version of the game. It is a time trial too and you get like 2 minutes to complete it. My friend had it and although he beat it said it was very hard!!
all those traps phew!

shurik
22nd Sep 2006, 23:00
Wow good find! http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif Too bad that level wasn't on PS2! I wonder why? :scratch:

Joshorty
22nd Sep 2006, 23:44
TREEBLE's got it all right :D It is - other then the lasers ( in some Tomb Trials, you'll find modern objects that don't seem to fit in Tombs but trust me - that'll go away 'cause the Tombs are THAT BEAUITFUL and HECK TOMB RAIDER-ish!!:D

Coincedecely, we're discussing the same thing here (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=74938&page=4).

I'm gonna record more Tomb Trials but the quality will be bad...but for now, I'm willing to record them for all to see on both forums :)

blue_box
26th Sep 2006, 15:39
Some *more* psp videos:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=YHLPIO

Legendary Lara Croft
27th Sep 2006, 17:09
wow these are some nice traps! thanks for sharing

uzigirl
30th Sep 2006, 16:26
Very nice. :thumbsup:

Gamerking
1st Oct 2006, 01:12
Great find but I am confused to how, an ancient race has lasers. :scratch: :rolleyes: :(

Headache
1st Oct 2006, 02:37
Great find but I am confused to how, an ancient race has lasers. :scratch: :rolleyes: :(
Mercs might have put them there?
I dunno. Mystery to me.

Gamerking
1st Oct 2006, 04:52
If there is ever a mystery blame Jesus. or Ultra-ninja-super-space-pirate-communazi-half dead-zombie-racing horse-dragon eating, rat- teddy bears from outer space with god-like Nazi bears that shoot lasers out of their eyes.

jayveechun
24th Oct 2006, 10:51
whats ironic is that back when Lara was clumsy, there were booby traps. Now that she's capable of handling any trap thanks to Crystal D, thats when them traps disappear

shaq
24th Oct 2006, 12:40
Hiya Folks,

So I was wandering around YouTube looking for TR PSP videos (considering getting one of those little things heh) When I stumbled upon this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mCkbB2qKwU

For the life of me I cannot figure out what level that..looks like africa..but I dont remember that area (must have played that level 30 times so far lol) ... did it get cut perhaps? PSP exclusive area or something along those lines.

Bah...perhaps you can figure it out! heh :)

http://www.zatgo.com/userpics/graphics/thumbnail/funny_pictures/901.jpg What is that?

In my opinion this is not official (standard) Tomb Raider Legend level for sure. I don't think this is from PSP platrform too (I saw other movies related on YouTube and I saw different types of this same level...). This level looks like very very hard customized level by someone (maybe by someone from CDs or someone who is doing such things for fun or in work...). This level seems like it was compound from many Tomb Raider Legend levels (I recognize some parts of Bolivia, Ghana, England) + TR3 levels (beginning of level from TR3 and how Lara was injured from traps - old style) and some objects and parts + maybe some parts from other games. I am familiar only with TR3 and TRL so I couldn't recognize any other...

In genaral it seems like somebody has got good editor ;) ! or is involved in the TRL somehow... maybe it would be good to legalize it with benefits for all?

BTW: I don't like such "dark" level like this... I like levels like Japan... maybe somebody told me that this is low entertainment but in my opinion it is much more powerfull for me... I mention about it many times and don't want to back to it... Maybe this is good idea to split levels among platforms (or add very powerfull editor) because customers from different platforms might want differnt things... :)

Laraman
24th Oct 2006, 16:20
Shaq it is a PSP Tomb Trial, it's not a level made by someone who has an editor. That trial is particularly frustratingly hard at first, took my 10 minutes to do it! But since it's pretty easy. The levels are made out of textures from other TRL levels to save time and space most likely.

Olgerth Heidern
24th Oct 2006, 17:35
Holy spinach, that would've been pretty hard to complete. I like! Here's to an expansion pack for the PC? (Maybe? Pretty Please with Naked Lara on top?)

shaq
24th Oct 2006, 18:15
Shaq it is a PSP Tomb Trial, it's not a level made by someone who has an editor. That trial is particularly frustratingly hard at first, took my 10 minutes to do it! But since it's pretty easy. The levels are made out of textures from other TRL levels to save time and space most likely.

Yeah, for sure, some parts are not exists in the PC version of TRL... so how it could be Tomb Trial? I don't think that PC and PSP differ so much :D
But if You told that... :D

Laraman
24th Oct 2006, 20:28
The PSP got exclusive levels, costumes and multiplayer modes not seen in the PS2, PC, Xbox or Xbox 360 versions of the game. I have the PSP version along with the X360, PC and PS2 version so I'd know :p