PDA

View Full Version : Crashtastic

TRLCrashTestDummy
20th Sep 2006, 09:31
Does anyone out there feel like I do? RIPPED OFF!!!!! TRL is the buggiest most craptastic piece of software I have ever wasted money on! Too bad 'cause the game had potential. Oh well, there is always F.E.A.R. if you get tired of the "Eidos runaround". Sound familiar? "Update your drivers, reinstall, disconnect peripherals, oh yeah, update your drivers, update your drivers, and did I mention update your drivers?" While I'm at it I might as well flash my bios, reinstall, Windows and eat my veggies too!!! I just built a brand new high end machine that runs every other new game on the market without blinking and Eidos wants to put the blame on my machine! What a load! Thanks for wasting my time Eidos and for destroying a great game in the process. Too bad Lara isn't in bed with Sierra. Then we would have something! Does anyone else feel my pain?

GoranAgar
20th Sep 2006, 09:46
You installed ALL the other new games on the market on your machine? Wow. I am impressed. And NONE of them give you any problems? Wow, even more impressive.

Talking about F.E.A.R. Check out this forum: http://forums.vugames.com/forum.jspa?forumID=168 ;)

So, what is your problem with Legend? Or did you just come here to cry?

BTW, TR:Legend AND F.E.A.R. run perfectly on my and my wife's PC. :)

TRLCrashTestDummy
20th Sep 2006, 10:01
Very happy for u and your wife. The game crashes for some reason on my machine which is unfortunate because it was fun while it worked. Eidos support can't seem to give me any REAL suggestions besides to update my drivers. Which I did as soon as I installed Windows. I have found that many people out there are having similar problems. Maybe the game has an issue with a specific piece of hardware or something. I don't know but all of my gear is new so I felt that problems would be small or not at all. So much for that.

GoranAgar
20th Sep 2006, 10:20
I have found that many people out there are having similar problems.
You did?

Do you want to post your email exchange with the Eidos support? Maybe someone here has another idea.

Mangar The Dark
20th Sep 2006, 15:26
It's times like these when I'm so glad I finally gave in and bought an Xbox. Sure, the games never look quite as crisp as they did on the PC, and the inability to customize things kind of sucks, but it IS nice to just be able to put a disk in the drive and start playing, no questions asked.

The big problem with PCs, of course, is that there are so many variations of configurations, and whether or not something will work always seems to be a game of chance. Lots of people here complained about AOD being extremely buggy, and yet, miraculous, I encountered exactly two bugs, neither of which were particularly problematic. With other games, it seems everyone else is having a great time, and I can't get the darn thing to even start.

I know one of these days I'll go back to PC gaming. Afterall, the quality is definitely better, as are the types of games. But for the time being, my Xbox is providing some nice hassle free gaming.

StarChampagne
20th Sep 2006, 17:28
Sure, the games never look quite as crisp as they did on the PC, and the inability to customize things kind of sucks, but it IS nice to just be able to put a disk in the drive and start playing, no questions asked.

Wow... that WOULD be nice *smiles dreamily* And the game would be MADE for your machine... No more messing around with compatability modes, the wrong drivers, patches, etc. But I'm a PC girl through and through :rasp:

Legend was relatively bug-free, I thought. Except for running horrifically slowly sometimes on a pretty good machine. Oh well, Legend is a very good game, and I'm sorry you haven't been able to properly enjoy it, TRLCrashTestDummy. Somewhere someone will probably have some good advice to make it work :)

Verios
20th Sep 2006, 17:44
Holy crap..you mean Legends actually crashes? This I have to see.... *runs back to his computer*

Headache
20th Sep 2006, 21:34
Wow... that WOULD be nice *smiles dreamily* And the game would be MADE for your machine... No more messing around with compatability modes, the wrong drivers, patches, etc. But I'm a PC girl through and through :rasp:

Legend was relatively bug-free, I thought. Except for running horrifically slowly sometimes on a pretty good machine.
I agree. But I never had any problems at all. (Except Next Gen mode:mad2:)

Terminatorvs
20th Sep 2006, 23:56
Hmmm, that's really very strange. The game never crashed on my system. I wasn't able to turn on the NG content, though. But, nevertheless, I don't think, that causes the problem. TRLCrash, perhaps you should check your hardware. Maybe, something is wrong with it.

JANKERSON
21st Sep 2006, 22:41
Legend Crashes? :confused:

Not here it doesn't on 3 different machines I have run it on. :D

It also runs perfect on Vista RC1 for me.