PDA

View Full Version : New Imperial Glory Question

Marshall Thomas
20th Sep 2006, 05:38
Hi- I've ordered Imperial Glory and it should arrive in a couple of days.

My question is: What patches and mods should I apply right away- for my very first campaign? Thanks in advance

By the way- I'm really looking forward to Imperial Glory. I know it hasn't gotten as much support as some games and some reviewers where not overly impressed. But everything that I've read and seen convinces me that it's a fantastic game. I wish it had as much support as Rome Total War. Anyway, I'm glad to have found this forum. Thanks again

WallysWorld
21st Sep 2006, 15:46
First, apply the game patch after installing.

For mods, go to http://www.igfansite.com

Quite a lot of mods can be found there. I think the first one to install is the Battle Mod V1.2. It modifies the attributes of the units to make land battles more realistic. Another mod I like is the Formation mod which changes the graphics so that your soldiers carry their rifles while marching. The next mod is the Smoke mod which increases the amount of smoke from firing on the battlefields. And lastly is the Artillery Officers mod which adds an officer to each gun crew.

After that, it's usually whatever you like with the many different uniform mods. Personally, I am using about 30 different mods which modify anything from battle flags to naval flags to every type of uniform to a sky mod.

Marshall Thomas
22nd Sep 2006, 06:11
Manyof themods seem to be graphics mods. Eventually, I'd like to download the graphics enchancement mods- but at first I'll look at the vanilla graphics just so I notice the improvement when I do use the graphics mods.

The first thing I'll do is install the 1.1 patch. I play on a desktop- so is there any reason that I should use the "laptop" patch? Does it also effect desktop?

Do you think that there are any mods that I should apply before even playing once with no mods(just the patches)? If there are some gameplay mods that just really improve gameplay, then maybe I should use them for my first game. And maybe if there are some graphics mods that simply make Imperial Glory better looking and are more historically accurate, I should probably use them from the start.

What do you consider to be good mods for my first time playing? Thanks in advance

Mike_B
22nd Sep 2006, 09:53
The first thing I'll do is install the 1.1 patch. I play on a desktop- so is there any reason that I should use the "laptop" patch? Does it also effect desktop?

No it's just for laptops because they don't have a numerical keypad on the right of their keyboard which is required because you needed to use that + and - button.