PDA

View Full Version : Can't get past the Training Level

awhiteknight1999
16th Sep 2006, 22:48
Hey all,

I decided to blow the dust of my Thief game and play it once more. I can get to the very end of the training level and it just quits and locks up. I have installed the 1.1 patch and this didn't fix anything. Any ideas?

I have the follwoing:

Intel 2.6 hyperthread cpu
1.5 GB
ati radeaon 9550

This game did work on this system before.

Peter_Smith
16th Sep 2006, 23:58
I don't quite understand this. I always thought the training mission in TDS was simply the first mission, with a few extra scripts and footprints thrown in. I would think that if the computer plays that, it would play them all. Have you changed anything at all since you last played it?

Is hyperthreading actually turned on? Use the Task Manager / Performance tab to check. If it shows two processors, then it is on. Try turning off hyperthreading in the BIOS and see if that makes a difference. Thief games often have a problem with dual processors, and hyperthreading looks like two processors to the operating system.

If that works, then there are ways to run with hyperthreading on. You need to either set affinity of the process each time you play or get a script that does it permanently.

awhiteknight1999
17th Sep 2006, 23:44
I haven't changed anything, except the fixes MS has pushed out. It is weird though. Every other game I have works fine. I'll keep plugging away and see what I can do. Thanks for the suggestion.

Headache
18th Sep 2006, 21:38
I haven't changed anything, except the fixes MS has pushed out.
That would effect it.