PDA

View Full Version : 10th Anniversary Edition For Xbox 360

ThoLan2
15th Sep 2006, 19:35
Does anyone know if Tomb Raider 10th Anniversary Edition is coming out on the Xbox 360, and when? :)

Treeble
15th Sep 2006, 20:10
It's not been confirmed yet, but it's a possibility. I hope they release it for the GameCube or the Wii, depending on the game launch date; but I fear they'll release it only for Playstations this time around.

This is pure speculation on my part, however.

Raider0011
16th Sep 2006, 02:22
I would also very much like to see this game released for the XBox 360 as well. Tomb Raider started out as a game on the Sega Saturn, and the Anniversary Edition shouldn't be exclusive to the PS consoles. There are plenty of fans that have XBox 360's.

abw1977
14th Dec 2006, 18:06
Like the first poster I register to ask the same questions…

Is this game coming out on the 360?

And if not, why not? (The system has already been supported with Legend and its using the same engine as this one…)

Anyhow, while I don’t want to sound negative in my post I do want to be honest.

Eidos, I do have a PS2 but I don't have any plans to buy this game on it or any other Eidos product if they chose to ignore and treat their fans like this.

Treeble
14th Dec 2006, 19:51
Yep, I also pray everynight and hope they release it for the GameCube/Wii just as well. No fan should be excluded regardless of the platform they play on. I only own Nintendo consoles, and my computer isn't really up to the specs to the newest Tomb Raiders. I couldn't care less about not being able to play AOD, but I certainly hope I wouldn't have to resort to my friends' consoles to play the games.

RuumTaedor
14th Dec 2006, 20:53
Forgive me, but I'd like to mention (again) that I hope that Legend and Anniversary will be released for Mac OS X, as it has for every other version of Tomb Raider until Legend.

Acceber
14th Dec 2006, 22:27
Forgive me, but I'd like to mention (again) that I hope that Legend and Anniversary will be released for Mac OS X, as it has for every other version of Tomb Raider until Legend.

I second that. Please, Eidos, hear us (and the keening of my esurient DVD drive....) :) :o

Raider0011
16th Dec 2006, 21:51
I really hope that Eidos brings this game to the XBox 360... I know a lot of Tomb Raider fans that became fans through the original Tomb Raider on the Sega Saturn, and like myself own XBox 360's. It is far too costly to own all these different consoles, and don't think that a fan should miss out on a major franchise like Tomb Raider because Eidos chooses not to release the game on all platforms. I thought that Tomb Raider Legend had done well on the XBox 360 (I sure don't know anyone that didn't buy it)... I hope they make an announcement confirming an XBox 360 version soon...

aussie500
18th Dec 2006, 04:57
Why would you want a current gen game on the XBox 360? You are not going to be getting better graphics or anything. It is not a next gen game, so they will not be releasing the game on Next gen consoles, and since it is a remake l do not think they would bother with Gamecube and XBox since the sales would not be high enough to make it worthwhile.

Deadly47
18th Dec 2006, 07:50
Actully it wont come out but for psp and ps3 and pc. Because the first concelse it tombradier came out on were the pc and the playstation. There was no xbox back then and gameboy has nothing to do with playstation. or pc

Treeble
18th Dec 2006, 19:47
Actully it wont come out but for psp and ps3 and pc. Because the first concelse it tombradier came out on were the pc and the playstation. There was no xbox back then and gameboy has nothing to do with playstation. or pc

It's not coming on the PS3. It's coming on the PS2.
The first console Tomb Raider came out on to were Sega Saturn and PC, later ported to Playstation.
Who ever mentioned Gameboy in this thread? :scratch:

Treeble
18th Dec 2006, 19:51
since it is a remake l do not think they would bother with Gamecube and XBox since the sales would not be high enough to make it worthwhile.

I wonder how well have the Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil, primarily Playstation1 games, sold on the GameCube on their release? I'm dead sure that at least the Resident Evil remakes were high enough to make the game worth of the Player's Choice range, so... ;)

Tomb Raider Anniversary should appear on Nintendo just as well. Either GameCube or Wii.

Verios
19th Dec 2006, 01:09

Someone needs to take another gander at his Tomb Raider History book ;)

MADVDPRODUCTIONS
19th Dec 2006, 07:34
I really want to play the game on my 360. I've been a long time fan of the Tomb Raider Series and having an Anniversary for this game is great news. Many people that never played a Tomb Raider got to play Tomb Raider on there 360 and it is great news to hear that they truly enjoyed the experience. These gamers who never played Tomb Raider became a fan of the series. As the series is expanding and creating new fans, I believe it would not be a wise idea to release Tomb Raider Anniversary for the other systems since Legend came out for all of the system except the Wii. Taking the experience away from new fans of this new remake of the Original Tomb Raider would not be a wise choice. So please.. I hope that Eidos will find some way to decide to release Lara on all systems.

Deadly47
19th Dec 2006, 16:02
What I mean is Tombradier stated with 3 comapnys mircosoft, sega, and playstation. Cause sega counsles arent made any more they dont have a sega version. But for the last 2 remaining companys there making the game for. To make i tanivarsry like. Though anivarsy will probboly be relased later into the year when it has already come out for playstation 2 and pc.

cusman
24th Dec 2006, 14:52
I really enjoyed Tomb Raider Legend on the Gamecube although I missed 480p support... but still a really good game

Best of its kind since Prince of Persia Two Thrones...

It was the first Tomb Raider game I ever tried... anyway if they release this new remake of the original on Gamecube or Wii... I will pick it up. Otherwise I hope they make it for x360 as well cause I don't got any playstation and I don't like to play on the PC at all.

Dad
24th Dec 2006, 17:46
What I mean is Tombradier stated with 3 comapnys mircosoft, sega, and playstation. Cause sega counsles arent made any more they dont have a sega version. But for the last 2 remaining companys there making the game for. To make i tanivarsry like. Though anivarsy will probboly be relased later into the year when it has already come out for playstation 2 and pc.

So I take it english is not your first language? Thats ok.

I am sure they would not pass up the pc considering they have always geared for it. There are far more pc's out there than any of the consoles. :nut:

Inn_Hevonn_Klann
26th Dec 2006, 13:07
Sorry man but ANNIVERSARY is only for SONY!!! :rasp: :rasp: Maybe in a few years, who knows. No one can have it all!!!!

RuumTaedor
26th Dec 2006, 17:27
Sorry man but ANNIVERSARY is only for SONY!!!
You must have meant something else, because Tomb Raider Anniversary is also coming for Microsoft Windows, which is, of course, not Sony.

Inn_Hevonn_Klann
26th Dec 2006, 19:51
Well that too, but I don't believe that PC's are considerated consoles!!!

NightsJMA
27th Dec 2006, 03:43
I played every tomb raider game on my ps1/2, and I loved legend so much i bought the game again for my 360. Graphics are insane on it, so i really hope i dont have to go back to old-gen graphics. Please, release it on 360. It makes no sense at all to have it only on playstation after legend being multiplatform

Daemonsbane
27th Dec 2006, 19:02
I, too, would enthusiastically purchase an Xbox 360 version. :cool:

To purchase a PS2 version would require being convinced of the quality of the graphics ... I have not seen the PS2 Legend graphics so am uncertain how the PS2 version looks in HD, while I thoroughly enjoyed the quality of the 360 Legend graphics in HD.

gtkilla
28th Dec 2006, 08:53
I would love an Xbox 360 version! Legend on the 360 was awesome!
I wish Eidos would announce a 360 version of anniversary. :(

VengeanceRTD
29th Dec 2006, 03:47
They are fools if they don't put this on 360. There are over 9 million 360's world wide and less than a million PS3's.....the maths not hard here. :lmao:

Dragu Slave
29th Dec 2006, 10:25
I really hope there won't be nextgen, neither Xbox 360 or PC. The thing is, nextgen will only slow down development and nextgen will only use cutsecenes leaving currentgen without FMVs, cause I doubt they'll create FMVs for current and cutscenes for next.

gtkilla
29th Dec 2006, 18:27
I really hope there won't be nextgen, neither Xbox 360 or PC. The thing is, nextgen will only slow down development and nextgen will only use cutsecenes leaving currentgen without FMVs, cause I doubt they'll create FMVs for current and cutscenes for next.

Next Gen games also have FMVs.

Scott =]!
30th Dec 2006, 17:53
i didnt read all of this i just skimmed through but can some please tell me its coming out on PC or am i getting excited to find out that TRA isnt coming out on the thing most people have (computer) or the top selling consol (Wii - it sold out all of its pre-orders on amazon.com in 7 mins!!!)

gtkilla
30th Dec 2006, 18:51
i didnt read all of this i just skimmed through but can some please tell me its coming out on PC or am i getting excited to find out that TRA isnt coming out on the thing most people have (computer) or the top selling consol (Wii - it sold out all of its pre-orders on amazon.com in 7 mins!!!)

It's coming out on PC. :thumbsup: But I think they shouldn't make a Wii version. IMO a Tomb Raider game would never work on a Wii. It would be mediocre at best if they do make one.

Treeble
30th Dec 2006, 19:34
Legend wasn't mediocre.

Legend was released on GameCube.

Anniversary uses the same engine Legend did.

Wii can play full well GameCube games.

GameCube and PS2 have very similar specs.

The Wii is not all about the motion sensor feature. You can have controls full of buttons ala PS2 on it just as well.

Now I think about it, I wonder how will TR8 and the PS3 innovative 'sixaxis' feature work.

gtkilla
31st Dec 2006, 03:09
Legend wasn't mediocre.

Legend was released on GameCube.

Anniversary uses the same engine Legend did.

Wii can play full well GameCube games.

GameCube and PS2 have very similar specs.

The Wii is not all about the motion sensor feature. You can have controls full of buttons ala PS2 on it just as well.

Now I think about it, I wonder how will TR8 and the PS3 innovative 'sixaxis' feature work.

Then what's the point of making a Wii version if it won't use the sensor controller? The game will have Xbox 1 graphics and will get bad reviews because it didn't use the motion sensor.

and I think CD will just ignore the PS3's cheap tacked on motion sensor.

Treeble
31st Dec 2006, 11:51
Then what's the point of making a Wii version if it won't use the sensor controller? (...) and I think CD will just ignore the PS3's cheap tacked on motion sensor.

The PS2 version (and probably the PC version too) will have Xbox1 graphics. As far as the motion sensor goes, it CAN be implemented full well (someone at TRF even came up with a sketch showing a control configuration that works), but if they decide not to use it, it will still be an enjoyable game.

Joshorty
31st Dec 2006, 21:07
It is comin' out on the PSP;) Which makes me wonder - did the sales do any good on the PSP department in Legend:confused: Gonna go look it up - 'cause if it didn't, it only makes me wonder about whether the other consoles will get their share for this game.

I feel your pain guys:(I'm just lucky I went to PS instead of N64 'cause I loved Pokemon that time and yeah that's all I need to say:rolleyes:

And YES they better use FMVs - after seeing that trailer, Tomb Raider can go there - I wouldn't want to miss that look of Lara - HOT:D
*anyone know any sites that shows sale charts and stuff??

Deadly47
31st Dec 2006, 22:15
Well see if they make it for ps3 and xbox360. The graphics will be amped up. Thought notice 80% of the players who played legend have a Nvida Geforce FX 5200 which is old. So they wont upgrade there pc and will just ignore tombradier. So they have to keep it at a certin level at which it is acessable to more of the public.

Raider0011
5th Jan 2007, 17:37
I really hope they announce a version of the game for XBox 360. That would be gorgeous, and Legend did pretty well on XBox 360. I really hope we hear an announcement for Xbox 360 soon... It seems from prior posts that I'm not alone here...

-Matt

abw1977
8th Feb 2007, 15:55
Eidos, I do have a PS2 but I don't have any plans to buy this game on it or any other Eidos product if they chose to ignore and treat their fans like this.

Well, Eidos, Battlestations: Midway looked rather interesting, and I was inclined to buy it, but now I don't even need to waste my time on reading reviews for it. (Thanks!)

rcroft65
8th Feb 2007, 23:11
if everybody get together and let know eidos about making tomb raider anniversary for all the game system, let them know, we not gonna buy it, if you don't make it for all the game players around the world. we gonna stop buying eidos stuff. together we are strong.

aussie500
10th Feb 2007, 13:48
Fine you stay strong there, and the rest of us who still like to play the old games on our PS2 and/or PC will have a great time playing Tomb Raider Anniversary :rasp:

soniqstylz
10th Feb 2007, 15:47
They are fools if they don't put this on 360. There are over 9 million 360's world wide and less than a million PS3's.....the maths not hard here. :lmao:

The math's also not hard if you consider the 110 million PS2 consoles.

The PSP version is probably an easier port than to Wii60, hence why that is coming out.

But the level creation community on the PC has been huge for the Tomb Raider franchise, extending playability in a large way.

This edition is basically a thank you to long-time fans who actually have been asking for this game for years, every since AoD was even announced. Hence, no 360 version.

shurik
11th Feb 2007, 20:41

hmmm I believe there are over 2 million PS3s right now! Just wait until it'll hit the Europe market!

soniqstylz
11th Feb 2007, 20:52
The PS3 numbers are moot, since this is a PS2/PC game.

gtkilla
11th Feb 2007, 22:21
hmmm I believe there are over 2 million PS3s right now! Just wait until it'll hit the Europe market!

Incorrect.

http://nexgenwars.com/

Phlip
13th Feb 2007, 21:01
sorry but AE is not coming out for xbox, I don't really care because I playin ps2, but it'd be nice to see some next gen screens.

Rivendell
13th Feb 2007, 23:43
Just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons...

Amazon lists TR:A for X360 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tomb-Raider-Anniversary-Xbox-360/dp/B000NG37S8/sr=8-1/qid=1171406902/ref=sr_1_1/203-0433168-8228718?ie=UTF8&s=videogames)

:scratch:

shurik
14th Feb 2007, 01:24

Amazon lists TR:A for X360 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tomb-Raider-Anniversary-Xbox-360/dp/B000NG37S8/sr=8-1/qid=1171406902/ref=sr_1_1/203-0433168-8228718?ie=UTF8&s=videogames)

Wow!! Is that for real or to rip people off???

aussie500
14th Feb 2007, 03:46

Just goes to show some people will try to sell you anything, even non existant games, they obviously never did their homework and made a very bad assumption which will no doubt lose them some customers. The fact that they have all versions coming out on 30th July shows that they were guessing, they do not have a clue

Treeble
14th Feb 2007, 14:11
Maybe...

But for god's sake, please, Wii!!!!!!!!!!

StarChampagne
14th Feb 2007, 17:35
Wouldn't it be nice if Eidos came on here and explained their motives? :) I am sick to death of puzzling :rasp: Also, where did the idea that this game is a "thank you" to the fans come from? Am I missing something? :scratch:

Rusty_DK
14th Feb 2007, 18:02
I, too, would enthusiastically purchase an Xbox 360 version. :cool:

To purchase a PS2 version would require being convinced of the quality of the graphics ... I have not seen the PS2 Legend graphics so am uncertain how the PS2 version looks in HD, while I thoroughly enjoyed the quality of the 360 Legend graphics in HD.

Legend pushed the graphics of the PS2 to the limits....looks fantastic IMO

aussie500
14th Feb 2007, 20:08
Wouldn't it be nice if Eidos came on here and explained their motives? :) I am sick to death of puzzling :rasp: Also, where did the idea that this game is a "thank you" to the fans come from? Am I missing something? :scratch:

Why would they need to come on here and explain anything? They announced what 3 platforms the game is for, they announced what month the game would be available. Seems clear to me

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=60854
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=63384

They never said the game was for the fans, although why would they be remaking Lara's greatest adventure if not for the fans?
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=63677
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=77241

And the game is coming out in April, not July 30th
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3127.html

If people want to speculate there is nothing Eidos can do about it

Alexlovesguns
15th Feb 2007, 17:20
I sure hope the PC version will be up to date because i dont want no bad ps2 graphics here (its 2007 now) :whistle:.

Sony is just sad, they kept (and keep) holding things back instead of evoluting, its an embarassment to have this game out for PS2 only when there are far better systems available now.

Mickeysoft atleast invested in their new console and made games available to its users while sony continues to milk the PS2... even after releasing the overpriced PS3.

tsc tsc :scratch: .

Mertz523
17th Feb 2007, 19:49
Fine you stay strong there, and the rest of us who still like to play the old games on our PS2 and/or PC will have a great time playing Tomb Raider Anniversary :rasp:

I'll stand strong with you on that one. Tomb Raider: Anniversary for PlaySation 2 ALL THE WAY!! :thumbsup: Legend looked amazing on it, as well.

soniqstylz
18th Feb 2007, 23:03
I sure hope the PC version will be up to date because i dont want no bad ps2 graphics here (its 2007 now) :whistle:.

Sony is just sad, they kept (and keep) holding things back instead of evoluting, its an embarassment to have this game out for PS2 only when there are far better systems available now.

Mickeysoft atleast invested in their new console and made games available to its users while sony continues to milk the PS2... even after releasing the overpriced PS3.

Sony's not making this game, Eidos and Crystal Dynamics are. It's not Sony's choice what platform the games are on.

And by still releasing great games for the PS2 (Bully, FFXII, God of War 2, TR:A, isn't Sony doing it's fans a favor by not requiring them to upgrade in order to play good games?

shurik
3rd Mar 2007, 18:31

I completely agree with you on that one that it's embarassing/downgrading to launch a game with only the older console versions when there are much more superior sistems now! But like you can read above it's not Sony's decision it's the game developer's Cristal Dynamics's decision. :(

BUT the thing I can't agree with you is that the PS3 is overpriced! I'm sorry but it's not overpriced at all! Like I said it before it worth every penny, you just gotta own one and see what it's all about!

Loengard
4th Mar 2007, 01:51
Man I want this game so hard for the xbox 360 :( Please Eidos!

Raider0011
4th Mar 2007, 05:08
They never said the game was for the fans, although why would they be remaking Lara's greatest adventure if not for the fans?

Perhaps Eidos is remaking Lara's greatest adventure because it will SELL... I would never consider a companies profit center a "Gift" to me (One of their fans). This is a game that will be very profitable for Eidos (More so if they release it on all consoles). Additionally, as many of their fans do not have PS2's or play games on PC's, limiting the consoles only restricts the "gifts" Eidos could be giving their fans. Many of the gamers that had Sega Saturns went on to purchase XBoxes and XBox 360's, so there is a large number of fans of the TR franchise that have been following the franchise for 10 years that would not be able to play this game if not released on these consoles.

viviminilara
4th Mar 2007, 15:00
One Word: Petition. ;) :D

I don't want to be repetitive.:nut: