PDA

View Full Version : why DVD for TR8?!

KurtisLonely
14th Sep 2006, 18:05
why is TR8 for DVD!?
omg, this will be the worst TR EVER!!!!!!!!

please vote in the poll, thank you.
(multiple choise allowed)

kksmith
14th Sep 2006, 19:23
TR DVD != TR 8.

It's just a little side game, like a board game.

Shrensh
14th Sep 2006, 19:23
why is TR8 for DVD!?
omg, this will be the worst TR EVER!!!!!!!!

please vote in the poll, thank you.
(multiple choise allowed)
Are you referring to the interactive DVD?

The interactive DVD is not Tomb Raider 8, nor is it the Anniversary Edition. TR8 & the Anniversary Edition are being made by Crystal Dynamics. The interactive DVD is being made by someone else entirely.

Natla_J
14th Sep 2006, 20:00
if its anything like the cut scenes in TRL it will be GREAT - just like dragons lair and space ace - if you dont like those old games you never grew up in the 80s when arcades made video games popular.

Where skill outmatched button mashing and you cant hide behind your x-box live when you talk smack to other players.

Long live the interactive action !! I hope its just like Dragon's Lair - I spent a small fortune on that game back in the day.

JF

hzh_online
21st Sep 2006, 14:44
I do believe that the DVD TR thingy will have something to do with Angel of Darkness... ;)

shurik
22nd Sep 2006, 23:24
Well I can't wait to see what's realy going to be!

Headache
23rd Sep 2006, 01:58
I do believe that the DVD TR thingy will have something to do with Angel of Darkness... ;)
It is AOD.

ladylinnycroft
23rd Sep 2006, 20:13
you can only hope it won't be as horrific in parts as the game was

dhama
2nd Oct 2006, 14:35
you can only hope it won't be as horrific in parts as the game was

Actually the game was quite good, although playing a different character wasn't my cup of tea. The Look of it was very nice, it just had that awful control system that made Lara difficult to control. Thats really the only thing that stops me replaying it.... and thinking about it, after all this time no one has re-programmed the control system to make Lara as easy to control as the previous generation of TR games. Totally confused on that point. :scratch:

Headache
2nd Oct 2006, 21:58
and thinking about it, after all this time no one has re-programmed the control system to make Lara as easy to control as the previous generation of TR games. Totally confused on that point. :scratch:
I guess they're having a hard time on deciding which controls are better/easier...

blue_box
3rd Oct 2006, 08:12
dvd game is not TR8! ****

applepie
3rd Oct 2006, 13:39
PLEASE SOMEONE SHOOT THIS GUY:mad2:

its obvious that tr8 will carry on from tr7 ie in the usuall formats and not it dvd !
the dvd game is a side game . its a remake of aod for dvd

Headache
3rd Oct 2006, 20:54
Alright everybody, have we established the iDVD is NOT TR8, yet?
:rolleyes:

Ok good. That's what I thought.

KurtisLonely
11th Oct 2006, 14:04
It is AOD.
not totaly... AoD was unfinished.. (I guess/I hope)
at the end, the took Kurtis's weapon and it was like it's pulling her to that dark hole... Kurtis was the only one who could move that weapon thing...

(if you don't understand me, here is the cutscene: clicky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbG5ptQ1Bsw)

shirl123
11th Oct 2006, 14:45
we all know what happend in AOD...at least most of us :p
yeah, it didn't have an "absolute" ending, Core planned 2 more games to continue it... but we all know what happend in years 2003-2005, so it'll remain "unfinished" (unless this DVD game will continue it the way Core wanted to and/or we'll get a novel that'll continue it).

anyway, it's AOD in a DVD format, not TR8. you can be sure of that. :p
I heard rumors about a diffrent ending, but it's only rumors...:confused:
TR8 will be released in PC+PS3(?)+etc... formats. hopefully.

Verios
11th Oct 2006, 15:24
Why DVD instead of CD do you say? Well...because this is 2006 and you can get a DVD drive for $30.... or less.

Or are you refering to that little interactive DVD thingy they're coming out with in an attempt to milk more money out of us? (naturally going to buy it just to say I have it heh..however..doubt I'll play it).

Headache
11th Oct 2006, 23:49
not totaly... AoD was unfinished.. (I guess/I hope)
at the end, the took Kurtis's weapon and it was like it's pulling her to that dark hole... Kurtis was the only one who could move that weapon thing...

(if you don't understand me, here is the cutscene: clicky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbG5ptQ1Bsw)
I understand perfectly well, thank you.
(And I hope they don't further the storyline of that game) :mad2:
But the iDVD is the same game of AOD, except in a different format.