PDA

View Full Version : Legacy of Kain - Media Amnesty

Divine Shadow
18th Apr 2006, 22:52
Hi everyone.

My (user)name is Divine Shadow, and back in the day I was quite the Legacy of Kain fan. Moderator at Nosgothic Realm, contributed to thelostworlds.net, been contributing to LOK online fandom off and on for about 7 years. Die-hard fan that I am, my hard-drives are full of LOK media, movies, screens, music, the lot.

For the last year, I've been far away from the community as I'm nearing the completion of my Teacher Training (really hard work). I've been extremely busy teaching; planning; marking; and once even apologising when my mobile phone went off in a parents evening (with a TARDIS ringtone no less). This is my dream career, but lets face it, it continues to take me away from fandom.

So I'm offering an amnesty of some of my LOK material. During the Easter holidays, I've only got planning and prep to do for next week, so I'm going to upload stuff to rapidshare in the background. While you are enjoying the movies, don't forget that some poor sod is uploading them while in the background writing a mid-term plan for Year 1/2 Geography, ICT and RE lessons. Just a thought.

Merry Easter!

Mekairinek
19th Apr 2006, 01:48
Wow~! I've been wanting to see some of these cinematics again -as well as show them to friends- for a while now. ^^

You are so awesome for putting these up! Thank you so much~!

aquarius_varun
19th Apr 2006, 02:12
wow...thank you very much divine shadow... i appreciate the time you put in to host these movies :) :D

aquarius_varun
19th Apr 2006, 05:16
I definately appreciate the effort for uploading them for us. Thank you very much for wasting some of your time. :p....I do not mind watching more movies....but can u please use a different file host. I cannot download more than 2 files at consequetively..rapidshare wants me to wait 70 min. :(

I do not mean that you should reupload all the files somewhere else again...I just want to say that for the rest of the files...is it possible to use some other host.

http://files.to/index.php

this is something I found...seems like no limit here...not sure though :|

thanx again.

cheers,

AV

Omega
19th Apr 2006, 12:03
Rapidshare.de is actually great.

Sure theres the 30Mb an hour download limit, and the fact you can only download one file at a time - but the speeds when downloading are fantastic :)

Thanks for sharing!

aquarius_varun
20th Apr 2006, 12:43
lol...I am still slowly getting off all the movies...Almost done ;)..

The fan trailer first one is well made. nice.. :D

good job .....thats a good trailer...movie style. It does have spoilers though :p

aquarius_varun
20th Apr 2006, 20:11
yup! finally got all...except the very last one......janos resurruction :)

thanx DS...:D :thumbsup:

garbagefanuk
20th Apr 2006, 21:11
Forgot how much i loved the Soul Reaver 1 intro. :D I still know it word perfect :p

aquarius_varun
20th Apr 2006, 21:30
DS, do u have any videos that are in the same quality as the soul reaver 1 intro??

the SR2, Blood omen 2, defiance intros are easy to get from the pcgame. But is there any other video you have in that absolute amazing quality??? :p

thanx

Vampmaster
21st Apr 2006, 00:48
Since you're here, Shadow why don't you take a look at this!

http://www.pillarsofnosgoth.legacyofkain.net/SR1Possess1.JPG

Oh, yeah! I did it! Norman has company!

TheFlameCrow
21st Apr 2006, 20:36
Is there any way you can make videos of all the left over areas in the SR games? (IE: The forest area in SR2 )

I'll have to DL all these whenever I get back into town...

And someone else loves the DC version as much as me ^__^ :D

Course, right now I'm playing the PS1 version... O.o Makes me wish I never got rid of my DC copy, and that I could get one of my DCs to work... oy (I'll buy a new copy in the future... )

aquarius_varun
21st Apr 2006, 23:34
Is the DC version of SR1 really better than the PC??

isn't PC the one with higher details in general?

TheFlameCrow
22nd Apr 2006, 23:12
Is the DC version of SR1 really better than the PC??

isn't PC the one with higher details in general?

I've actually never played the PC version sadly... I really do want a copy though for screen shots and such (well, all the PC versions... )

aquarius_varun
23rd Apr 2006, 05:52
Flea markets are the best places to find em'. Also old cheap computer stores have lol....lot of SR1 and SR2's in the bargain bin for 10$. :p

I have seen them sooo many times....but never bought it...now when I am interested....the last flea market I went to had no PC games :mad: ....got to go to those old pc stores this summer to hunt for some SR games :p

The_Hylden
1st May 2006, 01:30
Awesome of you to upload all of that for the rest of the community, Divine Shadow. Good luck with your career also.

Smoke_Z
21st Jun 2006, 14:33
Hey DS, that's so awesome that you uploaded those. I've already used one of the SR ones and the Avernus Battle one.

Dumah's awakening seems to have gone corrupt. Loved your Defiance trailer.

UndeadRaziel
26th Jun 2006, 23:23
can we get a defiance//SR2 intro plz? :D

obe
23rd Aug 2006, 15:12
Awesome work DS, :thumbsup:

However Blood Omen movies 20 and 21 seem to have been expired, along with both versions of the Soul Reaver Ending sequence. Anyone to re-upload them?

Tsutohiro
23rd Aug 2006, 22:10
Awesome work DS, :thumbsup:

However Blood Omen movies 20 and 21 seem to have been expired, along with both versions of the Soul Reaver Ending sequence. Anyone to re-upload them?

I -MUST- have these videos!!!
Has anyone downloaded them all?
Please upload them...someone, anyone...somewhere, anywhere.

obe
24th Aug 2006, 13:07
Many thanks. FileFront isn't really cooperating, but I'll get them eventually ;)

As for the Soul Reaver ones, it's the "Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver Ending sequence" and "alternate soundtrack version", I'm still after.

Smoke_Z
24th Aug 2006, 15:20
Many thanks. FileFront isn't really cooperating, but I'll get them eventually ;)

As for the Soul Reaver ones, it's the "Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver Ending sequence" and "alternate soundtrack version", I'm still after.

Don't have those two. The sad thing is that if I had downloaded them, they probably wouldn't be expired now.

Tsutohiro
25th Aug 2006, 00:25
Looks like everything but the following is still available:

[QUOTE=Divine Shadow]Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver - Rahab Death Cutscene from the Dreamcast uber-port

Damn, that's almost 10 I'll miss :( , (assuming I can grab the few that I haven't yet, of those still on the rapidshare servers).

Thanks to Divine Shadow, this was an awesome effort and I MUCH appreciate the few I've been able to get so far. :thumbsup:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone who has them all will save myself and others unable to get the whole collection.
...or maybe Divine Shadow will be kind enough to help us out once more.

Smoke_Z
25th Aug 2006, 07:34
My files were eaten whole, and the name truncation is an aftermath of the recovery technique. Even I don't have the Dumah one, as that popped before I got there. Whoever wishes can re-upload them to the other server.

Trilly
26th Aug 2006, 23:55
i have it and uploaded it on rapidshare

Yautjatraker/Albatraous
27th Aug 2006, 11:03
i find it wierd that i got a warning (and a minor ban) for talking about making a video of one of defiance cutscences, yet here are some anyway?

have the rules changed in my absence?

Smoke_Z
27th Aug 2006, 18:19
i find it wierd that i got a warning (and a minor ban) for talking about making a video of one of defiance cutscences, yet here are some anyway?

have the rules changed in my absence?

*shrug* I thought that the Blood Omen cutscenes were taboo because that's the part that's supposedly missing from pirated versions of the game.

They probably haven't officially changed their minds. This is probably a sign that they're ready to give up on the series and don't care anymore.

That, or Umah's fallen off the ball in a serious way.

@Trilly: You rock for having that missing vid.

ammon
27th Aug 2006, 20:34
*barges in**falls flat on face* hello ^.^
looks like i've got to make room on my comp for those files (if i can download them) :)
but for the time being i've been reading these posts *chuckles* and the titles on some of the links, Shadow, are hillarious :lol: i couldn't stop laughing *chuckles* uber-git, dies horribly *cackles madly*
i've got to come back and start downloading :D ...oh!...that's if there still there when i return - i hate timelimits grr :mad2:

ammon
27th Aug 2006, 20:43
from the looks of it....i'm too late
**** **** **** !!!! it!!!...bugger.........
(i love that **** :p :D )

Smoke_Z
27th Aug 2006, 23:36
from the looks of it....i'm too late
**** **** **** !!!! it!!!...bugger.........
(i love that **** :p :D )

:mad2: Which files have gone kaplooey this time? I really doubt that we could get any type of permanent storage for these, even if it were several servers collectively having the lot with only a few files each.

Btw, I decided to upload two more that I captured myself.

Filename: BO2_the_glass_ceiling.avi
File:

Demonocrat
6th Sep 2006, 12:03
Almost all cutscenes from SR1 SR2 and half of Definiance
here

VendavalEste
6th Sep 2006, 15:47
What does it take to download something from RapidShare or any of these other places? Why is there never any "Sign Up" button? I don't want to pay!

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. Wow, Soul Reaver on the Dreamcast really did look good...

Smoke_Z
8th Sep 2006, 14:59
Someone was actually interested in this, so I give you Hylden Gate Phase 1. Thanks to PSound and an accidental discovery during file cleanup, I was able to do a quick-and-dirty repair on the audio. (Some of the original captured audio is still in there, I was being lazy. Another video person can try to repair it better.)

I know people hate this server, but I've been fighting with the other two all week.

Rivenmjk
8th Sep 2006, 19:17
man...the videos from SR1 are um....jumpy with the dialogue..the SR2 ones got cut off on some parts - dialogue wise..next to check defiance...sorry for being picky. I love to hear Raz talk is all! XD

I take it as a bad copy of SR :D

btw does anyone have this clip BO2

umah dies

thanks in advance!

Smoke_Z
9th Sep 2006, 01:42
man...the videos from SR1 are um....jumpy with the dialogue..the SR2 ones got cut off on some parts - dialogue wise..next to check defiance...sorry for being picky. I love to hear Raz talk is all! XD

I take it as a bad copy of SR :D

btw does anyone have this clip BO2

umah dies

thanks in advance!

I take it you found the others you needed. :P

Ask and you shall recieve. No, I don't have everything, and now there is something wrong. (I'm hoping I blew something in my vcr.)

Rivenmjk
9th Sep 2006, 05:15
I take it you found the others you needed. :P

Ask and you shall recieve. No, I don't have everything, and now there is something wrong. (I'm hoping I blew something in my vcr.)

[/url]

yeah thanks ^_^;; i'm thinking of re- making the path of raziel video because SR's audio is bad and the whole boss fights/random rock music really throws one off..im sorry but LOK is too wierd with rock thrown in it.....*shudders* it was a nice video/concept but i might try my hand at it.

thanks smoke you rock!
btw i hope your vcr's alright..mine died a looong time ago...apparently kain's ego was to big for it and thus exploded!!
creating a fatal paradox..LOL

Umah Bloodomen
13th Sep 2006, 02:53
While I realize I haven't been as active in the community lately (due to real world issues which required attention), I'm frankly quite disappointed in the lack of judgement the participants of this thread have elected to exercise when posting their comments and/or links.

I managed to stumble upon this thread yesterday and after bringing it to the attention of the rest of the staff, it has been decided that this content is complete violation of our TOU which you all can (and need to) review here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=53690). With that said, the links to the content have been removed and each of you will find yourselves placed on a 24 hour "time out".

We really have issues with watching the hard work of the developers being passed around so liberally without any thought and/or consequences. We wouldn't be as bothered by it if it were going on elsewhere (which we aren't naive, we know it is going on), we just don't think we (as an official entity) need to condone such activities on our boards. (Granted, it is different if company permission is granted - e.g. as in the case of the LOK music hosted by myself and two other individuals in our community). While the original intent here may not be ill, the fact remains, you are inadvertantly opening the door to abuse of such acts by other individuals.

You have been advised to keep this type of activity off of the boards and encouraged to take it through private channels if you're that driven to do so and you did not. Those of you who didn't actually request and/or distribute a link to anything failed to remain uninvolved and report this activity to the appropriate parties (be it myself or another staff member), for that, you're also being held accountable.

While our action here may seem harsh, it is not our intention to discourage any of you from posting here, but you need to realize, you've failed to uphold your end of the bargain (e.g. the TOU you agreed to prior to posting). We trust you will take your "break" and reflect over this and how you can contribute as a more constructive member in the future. Any questions, comments or other concerns you may have can be brought to our attention. We appreciate if you refrain from addressing this issue on the boards.

Thanks.