PDA

View Full Version : next generation what?

amazonian
10th Sep 2006, 23:17
Ok maybe i'm just very ignorant... but what is the Next Generation mode??? What is so different about it? What does it do?

Treeble
10th Sep 2006, 23:22
First pic - current gen (http://www.ixbt.com/video2/images/tech_trl/trl_settings_nextgen_1.jpg)

Second pic - next gen (high end PCs and XBox 360 only) (http://www.ixbt.com/video2/images/tech_trl/trl_settings_nextgen_2.jpg)

RuumTaedor
11th Sep 2006, 00:02
Following is the result of following your links:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /video2/images/tech_trl/trl_settings_nextgen_2.jpg on this server.

Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.ixbt.com Port 80

Treeble
11th Sep 2006, 00:17
Weird, I can open them from here. :scratch:

Follow this link, then, it's halfway through the page, just after the option menu screenshots. It seem to have other technical stuff, but since I can't read Russian, I just looked at the pictures :p

http://www.ixbt.com/video2/tech_trl.shtml

Headache
11th Sep 2006, 00:21
It enhances the graphics a great deal, basically.

Lord Of Games
11th Sep 2006, 18:50
it might inhanse the graphics but i think it makes the level look kind of... dunno really it just makes the game look... give me time to think on it... :lol:

Headache
11th Sep 2006, 20:30
it might inhanse the graphics but i think it makes the level look kind of... dunno really it just makes the game look... give me time to think on it... :lol:
Overly done?

I agree on some parts, but it still looks awesome.

amazonian
11th Sep 2006, 22:11
why didn't they just make the whole game look that way instead of having a setting for it?:scratch:

Headache
11th Sep 2006, 23:25
why didn't they just make the whole game look that way instead of having a setting for it?:scratch:
Some graphic cards wouldn't be able to handle Next Gen.

dhama
12th Sep 2006, 07:32
Next gen mode is pretty, but to be honest, who looks at that when you're playing most of the time.

Great for screenshots though, and a great advert to sell more top range video cards. You see, the manufacturers do it all for you... you only need open your wallet. :rasp: :lol:

shaq
12th Sep 2006, 14:01
This is very nice article... http://www.ixbt.com/video2/tech_trl.shtml
Those two pictures looks really a little different...
(no next gen?): http://www.ixbt.com/video2/images/tech_trl/trl_settings_nextgen_5.jpg
(next gen?):
http://www.ixbt.com/video2/images/tech_trl/trl_settings_nextgen_6.jpg

Is anybody familar with english article like that?

As I know the Next-Gen mode need video card which will be able to support this... I am going to download "Tomb Raider: Legend Next-Generation Demo" in order to check it how it looks in the game... ;)

amazonian
12th Sep 2006, 19:43
I feel like lately, video game creaters have focused more on graphics than on the story line. To be honest, I liked the old tomb raider plots better....

Headache
12th Sep 2006, 21:52
I feel like lately, video game creaters have focused more on graphics than on the story line. To be honest, I liked the old tomb raider plots better....
If it's shiny(high res graphics), you'll(consumers) pick it up. That's how a lot of manufacturers see it. If it looks pretty, we'll buy it. But we're a bit smarter than that. (I'd hope so anyway :D)...

In the words of dhama:

Next gen mode is pretty, but to be honest, who looks at that when you're playing most of the time.

shaq
12th Sep 2006, 23:29
Some graphic cards wouldn't be able to handle Next Gen.

True ;D... I just downloaded the "Tomb Raider: Legend Next-Generation Demo" and now I have this option but I am not able to switch on this option... You know... :D my video card is too poor :( :D :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Headache
13th Sep 2006, 21:42
You know... :D my video card is too poor :( :D :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
You know what? I have 2 NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX cards and whenever I turn Next Gen on, IT'S CHOPPY!!!! IT SHOULDN'T BE! :mad2: Especially when they go above and beyond the requirements just like everything else... :mad:

JANKERSON
14th Sep 2006, 22:12
You know what? I have 2 NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX cards and whenever I turn Next Gen on, IT'S CHOPPY!!!! IT SHOULDN'T BE! :mad2: Especially when they go above and beyond the requirements just like everything else... :mad:

What screen Resolution are you playing on?

SLI doesn't guarantee anything when playing games, remember the games have to be ported to support SLI and Crossfire correctly still.

No you shouldn't really be having issues so there must be something going on with your system if Legend is choppy.

Post over in the Tech forum or here: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Headache
14th Sep 2006, 23:09
What screen Resolution are you playing on?
1200x1900...
I didn't know screen res could affect game playing... o_0

JANKERSON
15th Sep 2006, 02:09
1200x1900...
I didn't know screen res could affect game playing... o_0

Screen Resolution has everything to do with what frame rates you are getting.

The Higher the resolution the lower your frame rates will be.

Playing TRL at 1900x1200 is really pushing your graphics setup to the max at best. SLI won't help you much at that resolution playing the game as it really doesn't add enough to help.

Try lowering it to 1600x1200 and see how that does.

Headache
15th Sep 2006, 20:34
Screen Resolution has everything to do with what frame rates you are getting.

The Higher the resolution the lower your frame rates will be.

Playing TRL at 1900x1200 is really pushing your graphics setup to the max at best. SLI won't help you much at that resolution playing the game as it really doesn't add enough to help.

Try lowering it to 1600x1200 and see how that does.
Alright thanks. Will do :)

Hey that did it, THANK YOU!!! :cool:

JANKERSON
15th Sep 2006, 21:06
Alright thanks. Will do :)

Hey that did it, THANK YOU!!! :cool:

YW. :D

Glad you got it working. :cool:

amazonian
15th Sep 2006, 22:26
I feel rather envious that all of the xbox and computer players get next generation and the playstation2 people are left behind:(

Headache
15th Sep 2006, 23:12
I feel rather envious that all of the xbox and computer players get next generation and the playstation2 people are left behind:(
Aww, Im sorry! Truly! Do you have a computer?

LaraGirl216
16th Sep 2006, 08:28

I like Legends Storyline...:)

amazonian
16th Sep 2006, 11:45
I like Legends Storyline...:)

its not that i don't like it, its just, the old tomb raider plots had many different parts and people in it....

amazonian
16th Sep 2006, 12:05
Aww, Im sorry! Truly! Do you have a computer?

yes i do have a computer...but spending more money on something i kinda already have doesn't seem worth it. but thanx for the sympathy. maybe i'll buy the computer version for tomb raider 8! :)

Headache
16th Sep 2006, 15:16
yes i do have a computer...but spending more money on something i kinda already have doesn't seem worth it. but thanx for the sympathy. maybe i'll buy the computer version for tomb raider 8! :)
Yeah, true. But maybe the TRA game... I believe it's coming out sooner.