PDA

View Full Version : Final Boss Woes

wwise1970
10th Sep 2006, 19:37
I am so annoyed and I must say I have, do and always will agree with posts about save anywhere. What idiot decided it was okay to make TRL have the same save system on PC and console? That rant aside I cannot defeat the final boss no matter how hard I try. Why are you always stuck with only 3 health packs? Why can’t I go back and play the level from the very beginning and get the extra health packs instead of just the boss portion? Yes I forgot to save sue me. Why does Lara keep looking of at random stuff in the level and firing and nothing when I have the boss locked and the camera view pointed towards it? Why does Excalibur always sheath after each attack? Why do I keep losing my target lock on the boss? Why, why, why? I feel like the camera angles and control on this level hinder me completely. I can get 2 stabs in before I’m out of health and dead. Why can’t I change the difficulty or get a cheat? Trust me after the annoying stuff at the end of the previous level I’m not going back to get to where I am at not just to replay it. Better to shelf this so-so game and not buy the next one to me. Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?:mad2:

Headache
10th Sep 2006, 19:54
That rant aside I cannot defeat the final boss no matter how hard I try.
-sigh- Keep moving and stay somewhat close to Amanda (not to close) and repeatedly move the sword around. Make sure you stay away from the edges otherwise she'll knock you off.

Why are you always stuck with only 3 health packs?
It would be to easy to have countless health packs.

Why can’t I go back and play the level from the very beginning and get the extra health packs instead of just the boss portion? Yes I forgot to save sue me.
If you die during the process, you automatically start fighting the boss when you start over and the health that was there before, aren't anymore. Don't ask me why I don't know.

Why does Lara keep looking of at random stuff in the level and firing and nothing when I have the boss locked and the camera view pointed towards it?
She looks at it because it might be useful, and when you're locked on the boss while looking somewhere else, the excalibur still hits her.

Why can’t I change the difficulty or get a cheat?
You can change the difficulty...

wwise1970
10th Sep 2006, 19:59
-sigh- Keep moving and stay somewhat close to Amanda (not to close) and repeatedly move the sword around. Make sure you stay away from the edges otherwise she'll knock you off.

It would be to easy to have countless health packs.

And to hard and annoying if you didn't

If you die during the process, you automatically start fighting the boss when you start over and the health that was there before, aren't anymore. Don't ask me why I don't know.

Sounds like a bug to me

She looks at it because it might be useful, and when you're locked on the boss while looking somewhere else, the excalibur still hits her.

What patch level are you running? Not in my game if he is locked and she is not looking exactly at it then the shot from excalibur goes to where she is looking.

You can change the difficulty...
Where and how I have not been able to change it mid-level or at my save. If I replay a level I can change it but not on the current save.

Headache
10th Sep 2006, 20:03
What patch level are you running? Not in my game if he is locked and she is not looking exactly at it then the shot from excalibur goes to where she is looking.
1.1... Otherwise I dunno why it's not working that way. As long as target lock is red you should be fine with your shots.

Where and how I have not been able to change it mid-level or at my save. If I replay a level I can change it but not on the current save.
Well maybe you can't.. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll check.

RuumTaedor
10th Sep 2006, 20:26
I had a hard time with Bolivia Redux also. It seemed that just about every time I fell, Amanda's attack would be timed right at the moment when I got up, so after a triple combo attack, Lara would either be dead or pushed off the edge. I finally had to resort to a cheat to finish the final level (so I'm a bit of a wimp).

Why does Excalibur always sheath after each attack? Why do I keep losing my target lock on the boss?
I may be able to help with this one. Change your combat mode. It's in the options. With the default combat mode, Lara holsters her weapon, but in another mode, once you fire, the weapon stays out until you holster it, and the enemy stays locked on. That should help.

Edit: Also, turn down your graphics options to get better response from the game.

wwise1970
11th Sep 2006, 03:05
I had a hard time with Bolivia Redux also. It seemed that just about every time I fell, Amanda's attack would be timed right at the moment when I got up, so after a triple combo attack, Lara would either be dead or pushed off the edge. I finally had to resort to a cheat to finish the final level (so I'm a bit of a wimp).

What cheat is this? I'm all for that at this point!

I may be able to help with this one. Change your combat mode. It's in the options. With the default combat mode, Lara holsters her weapon, but in another mode, once you fire, the weapon stays out until you holster it, and the enemy stays locked on. That should help.

Edit: Also, turn down your graphics options to get better response from the game.
My graphics options are good.. running a 1900xtx card and dual core 4800. But the weapon tip is great I'll fix that right away.:) :)

RuumTaedor
11th Sep 2006, 03:44
I first saw this from aussie500. Thanks to him, I was able to not lose any health and finish the last level and watch the awesome final FMV. For myself, I just used the tr.arg file with -NOHEALTH because it was simple and you don't have to install anything. There is much more you can do, but that was all I was interested in, and that was the only time I required "assistance". I haven't completed the time trials yet, so I may need more assistance another time.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=72060
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=72117

wwise1970
11th Sep 2006, 16:37
Thanks the no health was just the ticket. That was one tough boss battle even with the no health. I wonder if they changed something on that boss in the 1.2 patch.

LaraGirl216
11th Sep 2006, 16:51
Thanks for stopping this thread become a Rant one! :rolleyes:

RuumTaedor
11th Sep 2006, 17:06
Glad you made it, wwise1970. Isn't that a great FMV at the end? When I was trying to get through, even using the cheat, I still got pushed off the edge a couple of times lol.

wwise1970
11th Sep 2006, 17:56
Yea it was tough even with the cheat. I think it took me 4 or 5 tries before I got all the way through without being pushed over the edge to. The combat stance change fixed my weapon swaping issue and then no healt made it all good. I hope the dev's read this stuff and take the issues into consideration in the next version. The ending was amazing:thumbsup: . I kind of figured it would be that is why I wanted to push through to the end. It was worth it! I love games that put effort into a great ending like that one. That is why I play them all the way through. The first Sin game has one of the best game endings ever!:D

wwise1970
11th Sep 2006, 17:57
Thanks for stopping this thread become a Rant one! :rolleyes:
Never wanted it to be a rant. Had just finished dying for the 15th time when I wrote the first message. I had always intended it would turned out like it has, by providing me inforamtion and helping me enjoy a great game.