PDA

View Full Version : Lost Tomb Raider 3 moments

SethKoopa
10th Sep 2006, 17:23
This site (http://www.eidos.de/gss/legacy/premier/index.html?id=tr3) features some screenshots at the bottom of non-existant moments in TR3, even though they all are from levels in the game, I believe. On that note, I also remember seeing, in PC Gamer, some screenshots of Lara running away from two T-Rexes in a fog (TR3), and a cutscene clip with a mercenary in a brown room. Furthermore I remember (my issue is lost now:() a screenshot from an FMV with Lara wearing a green short, pointing her gun at someone we can't see.

Were these simply ideas that didn't make the cut? If so, shame; they looked pretty finely-polished to me, and I was always expecting to see them as I played the game.:confused:

Headache
10th Sep 2006, 17:59
Were these simply ideas that didn't make the cut? If so, shame; they looked pretty finely-polished to me, and I was always expecting to see them as I played the game.:confused:
Perhaps. Or people created them with their highly artistic graphical minds -is jealous-
:o
Who knows. Good find though :thumbsup:

DKSM
11th Sep 2006, 02:52
Ideas always get cut. That's part of the problem with the press nowadays. They want information, and company's feel the obligation to deliver. The PR department will send stuff off from the game because they feel it displays the game in its best light.

For an example, the creator of Dreamfall, Ragnar Tornquist, has his own blog. While the game was in production the official website released some images of characters supposedly in the game. Ragnar stated in his blog that one of the characters was originally planned on being in the game, but they cut it - the problem was, he had no control over the images put on the website.

SethKoopa
11th Sep 2006, 13:47
I figured it was something of the sorts. It just looked so awesome.:( But you're right, and I guess that's just how the business works.

MissLara2U
11th Sep 2006, 14:12
Doesn't look familiar to me either. You know, I wonder just how much is hidden in the early games that wasn't linked to by triggers or paths. Like in AOD, where you could explore half a level they didn't include in Paris. I would imagine somewhere, hidden in the code, is a ton of stuff we haven't seen before, and it's probably on all the CDs we own.

WraithStar
11th Sep 2006, 15:28
Doesn't look familiar to me either. You know, I wonder just how much is hidden in the early games that wasn't linked to by triggers or paths. Like in AOD, where you could explore half a level they didn't include in Paris. I would imagine somewhere, hidden in the code, is a ton of stuff we haven't seen before, and it's probably on all the CDs we own.

Hypothetically speaking, if these cut areas from TR3 are on the TR3 disc, would there be any way to access them? I don't know very much about retrieving cut material. I did see the AOD cut half-level in Paris, though, so I was wondering if such a recovery would be possible with TR3.

MissLara2U
11th Sep 2006, 15:34
But not just cut scenes. What about normal game play or additional areas to levels that didn't make the final cut but were included on the CDRom? There must be a ton of easter eggs just waiting to be extracted.

SethKoopa
12th Sep 2006, 12:32
Oh, I wish I were any good with programming now.:scratch:

jgxenite
12th Sep 2006, 21:33
But not just cut scenes. What about normal game play or additional areas to levels that didn't make the final cut but were included on the CDRom? There must be a ton of easter eggs just waiting to be extracted.

Bit OT, but I believe on TRTLR and TRC, there were cut levels included on the CD. However, you couldn't play them without a bit of a modification to something or other. I remember seeing a website somewhere that let you play them but can't offhand remember where it was.