PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations!

Hilbert Kalinich
8th Sep 2006, 16:20
This game has been awarded the most flawed first person shooter game of the year 2006!

Eidos publishes another game which has the following annoyances:

1) Overprotection. Buyer beware! Often the original DVD disc is recognized as an illegal copy. Some users must use a crack to get the original game working. Duh.

2) This is the year 2006. The game hangs. First thing to get the game working is to set compability mode to Windows 98

3) The game begins to stutter after level 5 to 7 even with the best hardware available. The performance of the game is an indicator of very poor coding skills, and severe problems of the integrity of the game.

4) The readme of the game is explaing the errors due to the incompability of the drivers, which is very false information.

5) Another Grand Theft Auto. Not very original idea.

6) Finnish did the bullet time already (Max Payne)

7) French

Conclusion: DO NOT BUY

It you bought it, return the game to reseller, until the immature release is fixed. I think it will never be fixed.

This oldish poorly working badly coded copycat should be a budget game.

Just Regards, Hilbert Kalinich, Editor of 3D Publishing, NY

_MP_
8th Sep 2006, 16:35
Well said.
Its a total waste of money. I have no doubt this game will soon be in the "buy three games for £10 bin".

Dimhenion
9th Sep 2006, 03:21
Meh, I liked it.

Would've been nice if it had a larger budget...

krazykris
19th Sep 2006, 21:43
I was thinking of buying this game for PS2, but after your comments, I think I might rent it out first.

Dimhenion
20th Sep 2006, 03:29
Yeah, a lot of people didn't like it, but I did.

Definitely rent it.

intrepid_soul
31st Oct 2006, 18:53
This game has been awarded the most flawed first person shooter game of the year 2006!

Eidos publishes another game which has the following annoyances:

1) Overprotection. Buyer beware! Often the original DVD disc is recognized as an illegal copy. Some users must use a crack to get the original game working. Duh.

2) This is the year 2006. The game hangs. First thing to get the game working is to set compability mode to Windows 98

3) The game begins to stutter after level 5 to 7 even with the best hardware available. The performance of the game is an indicator of very poor coding skills, and severe problems of the integrity of the game.

4) The readme of the game is explaing the errors due to the incompability of the drivers, which is very false information.

5) Another Grand Theft Auto. Not very original idea.

6) Finnish did the bullet time already (Max Payne)

7) French

Conclusion: DO NOT BUY

It you bought it, return the game to reseller, until the immature release is fixed. I think it will never be fixed.

This oldish poorly working badly coded copycat should be a budget game.

Just Regards, Hilbert Kalinich, Editor of 3D Publishing, NY

Your complaints about compatibility mode are only in the UK version, the US version does not have this issue. The Securom issue you are describing are easily fixed by disabling any CD burning software running in the back ground or any virtual drives. There is also a way to create a analysis file to send to securom who will tell you the steps to get the game running. Contact UK support for more information.

BridgetFisher
8th Jul 2014, 11:58
ARgh, this is on PC but not on steam, grrrrrrrrrr. Id totes buy this as it was awesome on console as long as PC has controller support!