PDA

View Full Version : Croft Manor: Books

fabioM
6th Sep 2006, 23:16
It´s strange but i can´t use the books somehow.

How do i do that?

I´m just missing 2 silver rewards and one gold reward to complete the crof manor but somehow i´m stuck in the study.

Btw just out of curiosity does that trap in the floor near the stairs in the hallway work?
WHat about those blue lookalike doors that has a symbol and a C in the middle...does that work?

Headache
6th Sep 2006, 23:17
If you're talking about the colored books, you have to find some riddles to be able to mess around with the books.

fabioM
6th Sep 2006, 23:21
Riddles which riddles?

Headache
6th Sep 2006, 23:26
Oiy... There are a few hidden riddles around the mansion you have to figure out to get the gold reward.

Legend_of_Lara
15th Sep 2006, 10:49
can i ask something about books i opened the clue in the study but i cant read it:mad2:i opened the tongues at the hallways.however i took the gold reward and finished this job but i go to the study and i cant read it

Headache
15th Sep 2006, 20:30
can i ask something about books i opened the clue in the study but i cant read it:mad2:i opened the tongues at the hallways.however i took the gold reward and finished this job but i go to the study and i cant read it
If Im correct, you have to look at it and press the 'interact' button and she'll read it out loud.

Legend_of_Lara
16th Sep 2006, 10:36
If Im correct, you have to look at it and press the 'interact' button and she'll read it out loud.
thank you...:) ;)

nash164
16th Sep 2006, 17:51
I've nearly finished the croft mansion as well. Looking for the last silver reward but i'm also having trouble trying to locate the gold one..
Found the riddle in the secret passage, recognised what it was alluding to, went to the two twin statues of athena above the swimming pool where I found the face behind them and I clicked that.
Then nothing.
Am I supposed to get another riddle there? Or somewhere else?

Treeble
16th Sep 2006, 18:14
The panel between the dual Athena statues in the swimming pool rotates twice. If you cross their weapons, the face will appear and it opens an underwater tunnel to the gym, but if you put them back to back a panel with the riddle appears.

nash164
16th Sep 2006, 19:42
TREEBLE The panel between the dual Athena statues in the swimming pool rotates twice. If you cross their weapons, the face will appear and it opens an underwater tunnel to the gym, but if you put them back to back a panel with the riddle appears.

I thought of that and tried it already i.e I pushed back the statues to their original positions.
It's not working..
Game defect?

Treeble
16th Sep 2006, 20:09
Actually you have to rotate them all the way around, till their poles are pretty close to the wall to reveal the riddle panel.

nash164
16th Sep 2006, 20:50
Oh there you go!
thanks!

Bloody Angel of Darkness
17th Sep 2006, 20:31
If you already have got the Golden reward you can't read the riddles you didn't solve before getting it. I could't read the riddle in the library so I replayed it from the begining without getting the Gold and it was there.I wrote down what it says but I lost the paper1:D

Treeble
17th Sep 2006, 23:34
These are the riddles:

1. Above the Waters, Twin Sisters turn their backs upon the other to leave the Ambages unguarded.

2. Within the Hall of Knowledge, Tomes of Cerulean, Topaz, Viridian, and Crimson in turn reveal their Arcanum.

3. Above the Hearth, revealed visage and countenance touched in haste raise up the Steward.

4. The risen Athena turns to face the Sun, whose burden then reveals the Golden Laurel.

From TRH Walkthru (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/tr7/croft_manor.html)

shaq
18th Sep 2006, 15:07
Map the stones to the colors... and use interactive button on the books in the colors sequence :D

Headache
18th Sep 2006, 21:17
If you already have got the Golden reward you can't read the riddles you didn't solve before getting it.
How could you get the gold reward if you didn't solve the other riddles? :scratch:
Unless Im missing something here...