PDA

View Full Version : Idea - Simon T. (Kain) to announce a line for players who are doing exceptional

Tube_Reaver
2nd Oct 2013, 12:49
EDIT New Idea in Quote

You all make good points
So here is my new idea on it;
how about we get an awesome quote/line/sentence from Kain, when a certain player is doing exceptionally well (getting objectives, or lots of kills and low deaths etc)

What do you guys think? I think it adds a bit of flavour to the game, helps players feel proud and stand out for doing well (which we all know is a big factor in pvp games)

After some discussion, I changed the idea of the post to that of the quote above, rather than make a new thread.

Cheers.

Lirka_
2nd Oct 2013, 13:40
Although other games have done it, I don't think an announcer would fit with the mood of game.
I do think an introduction cutscene (like the one in SR1), voiced by him would be awesome.

Kiertis
2nd Oct 2013, 17:51
I agree at least it would be awesome to have him narrate the game intro!
It would be really mind blowing to have him in this after all these years, and I guess he would really appreciate it (or at least feel moved?) that the fans still love and adore him and want him to have a part in this new generation game. I think it would be rather rude if we didn't even try to ask him :/

Paradoks_db
2nd Oct 2013, 18:16
In the case of announcer my vote is no. That would be a really cheap way of using the most important character in the series.
Apparently there won't be much story to tell (which is probably a good thing), but if there is some story narration then Simon would a be a perfect candidate for the role of narrator.
As mentioned before - at least narrating the intro sequence would be great. Imagine Kain giving some detailed thoughts about his "corrupt and failing empire".

Hyrosauce
2nd Oct 2013, 18:22
I have a better idea. Tony Jay, the voice of the Elder God.

I mean let's be honest. LoK fans are used to him as an overhead voice. It only makes sense.

Although I would be just as pleased with Kain's voice.

Paradoks_db
2nd Oct 2013, 18:38
I mean let's be honest. LoK fans are used to him as an overhead voice. It only makes sense.
Tony Jay is dead. :(

Anacrothe
2nd Oct 2013, 18:43
I have a better idea. Tony Jay, the voice of the Elder God.

Although I would be just as pleased with Kain's voice.

This I think the elder god would be better after all he did teach me the basics of soul reaving x.x

But like the post above me said he is no longer in the material realm =[

Rexidus
2nd Oct 2013, 18:44
Yeah no. I definitely want him to narrate an intro to the game.

Jebotimater
2nd Oct 2013, 18:55
Would be awesome if Simon Templeman would narate for the Vampires and that Richard Doyle ( Mobieus ) would narate for the humans.

Hyrosauce
2nd Oct 2013, 19:17
Tony Jay is dead. :(

I think I just shed a tear... :c

Paradoks_db
2nd Oct 2013, 19:38
I think I just shed a tear... :c
It wasn't really reported outside of LoK sites. Tony Jay was a brilliant actor but he was primarily a voice actor. As a result, his name wasn't really widely recognisable.

You can see one the original reports here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=62140).

Reidbynature
2nd Oct 2013, 20:38
I think if they have any lore in game then I'd like to have Simon (as Kain) narrate it. Announcer is fine, but personally it doesn't get me excited.

The_Hylden
2nd Oct 2013, 20:46
I would think if you're going to have him announce, it's as Kain doing monologues of his perspective from the future. "While I scanned the timestream for clues on cheating fate, the feudal war raged." etc. He could set up various important events which push the war finally forward (as the game continues on existing).

Lord_Aevum
2nd Oct 2013, 20:53
I think if they have any lore in game then I'd like to have Simon (as Kain) narrate it. Announcer is fine, but personally it doesn't get me excited.

My opinion verbatim.

Evill3unny
2nd Oct 2013, 20:53
I would think if you're going to have him announce, it's as Kain doing monologues of his perspective from the future. "While I scanned the timestream for clues on cheating fate, the feudal war raged." etc. He could set up various important events which push the war finally forward (as the game continues on existing).

That's a totally cool idea! I agree, Simon Templeman really is the voice of this series and should have some part in it. If only as like in an intro movie or something.

Reidbynature
2nd Oct 2013, 20:54

Interesting. You mean like how Max Payne and other characters comment before and after rounds in the Gang Wars online game mode in Max Payne 3?

Zimitry
2nd Oct 2013, 21:04
I agree having him say stuff like "FIGHT!", or "VICTORY" is lame, but having him narrate part of the lore ad a monologue would be the most epic thing someone could ever do to me. I'd twist in excitement and hear the lines again and again and again, to memorise them like I did with Soul Reaver 1 and 2's intros.

Hell, even having him tell me "Bad network connection, you have been disconnected, human". And I just thought about something cool, how about making "Vae Victus!" a vampire battle cry?

Jebotimater
2nd Oct 2013, 21:32
If they do add Kains voice to it all, i do hope that they make it feel like he is present at the scene. Like he is narrating and looking down on everyone. Just because he had dissapeared that does not make him absent to whats going on. I do believe that Kain might be watching from the shadows as a big battle rages between the 2 factions. I can imagine him talking about how the vampires are pushing the humans back or visa versa. Or how a certain faction is losing. Making smart remarks while doing so.

Paradoks_db
3rd Oct 2013, 00:08
Can we have a poll for this?
I know that it's rather obvious what the leading opinion is, but it still would be a welcome addition to the thread.

Rexidus
3rd Oct 2013, 00:23
You know, I like the idea of Kain narating the game in the past tense. "The humans had won this battle but little did they know their fate." "My children performed to my expectations and pervaled"

Paradoks_db
3rd Oct 2013, 00:33
I'm against Kain commenting any battles in-game at all. He has far more important things to do than watching meaningless battles. Ariel on the other hand must be quite bored at the Pillars :p (and she "remembers what others have forgotten").

ZeroFernir
3rd Oct 2013, 00:40
I would love to have Simon doing some voicing in the game, but I don't think an announcer would fit him (nor the game, as the atmosphere is not appropriated for that...)

AlterRequiem
3rd Oct 2013, 01:21
I'm against Kain commenting any battles in-game at all. He has far more important things to do than watching meaningless battles. Ariel on the other hand must be quite bored at the Pillars :p (and she "remembers what others have forgotten").

I would love to have Simon doing some voicing in the game, but I don't think an announcer would fit him (nor the game, as the atmosphere is not appropriated for that...

I think putting whether or not its worth his time aside, it would make this game so epic.

TheIrtar
3rd Oct 2013, 01:38
They said during the Q&A (which is now up) that they would only use Simon Templeman for a major role, not just for a 'gimmick'.

And since they also said Kain just jumped forward in time after executing Raziel, I wouldn't expect him to make an appearance.

ZeroFernir
3rd Oct 2013, 01:56
Simon's voice WOULD be awesome, don't get me wrong... I am just saing that a anouncer for this kind of thing (killing spree, for an exemple) does not fit the game, because the atmosphere of the game is to be scary, or at least tense, and this things take out that atmosphere... this kind of announcement fits only some shooters with a more relaxed atmosphere.

The_Hylden
3rd Oct 2013, 05:44
Interesting. You mean like how Max Payne and other characters comment before and after rounds in the Gang Wars online game mode in Max Payne 3?

I am not sure. I've only played the previous 2 in the series. However, I meant his usual monologue, which is always referring to things in the past tense, and in this game with him decidedly missing to deconstruct time it would be perfect for him to reflect now and then on major changes to the actual empire via this war. So, I wasn't thinking every battle, but then an intro to things itself would also be welcome.

Basically, if they get Simon to read just about anything in this game, the fans certainly would flock to it. If they put care and make something meaningful in what he has to say, then that's even more icing on this cake.

I also think an Aerial lament on things would work. Maybe in the future if things in the world get even worse than they are, for instance, she can comment on how Kain's horde only adds to the ravaging of this dying world. Anna Gunn is also now released from acting in Breaking Bad, so she might be available.

Tube_Reaver
3rd Oct 2013, 06:37
Hey all, thanks for the many replies and opinions

I would have opted for Tony over Simon myself, but sadly he passed away.

As for Simon doing an intro to the game, that is a must in my opinion.

I would just to clarify what TYPE of announcer I mean. I don't mean one or two word announcements such as Godlike, Killing Spree
I am thinking more along the lines of "the humans have you cornered, you disappoint me" when the vamps are losing etc

Now I am not sure if the game will be announcer heavy or light, but if it is light then I agree there would be no point in getting Simon to do it.
But if it is heavy like UT, LoL, HoN etc then even though it would be gimmicky it would still be awesome and cool imo and Kain's voice fits the atmosphere, as he won't be shouting but it'll be that calm, cold and collected voice that we all know and love.

Another example I would like to add is that in HoN, you could buy an announcer pack that had the voice actor of Duke Nukem (the name escapes me atm) which was SO much fun.
Now I agree Kain wouldn't be watching over the war, as he would be busy, but again I am looking at this as a multiplayer pvp game set in the LoK universe, not so much as a story/lore game, hence why I believe any throw backs to the original LoK games would be fantastic.

Cheers

Can we have a poll for this?
I know that it's rather obvious what the leading opinion is, but it still would be a welcome addition to the thread.

Sorry as for the poll I couldn't find the option for it

Javerick89
3rd Oct 2013, 12:06
After reading most of the posts on this thread and the livestream viewing, I can concur that Templeman shouldn't be an announcer because it is a bit of a gimmick, plus, he's not actually in the universe at this moment so how can he comment on the going-ons? However, I believe Templeman's voice is something old fans would like to hear and acknowledging his contribution to the franchise would be respectful. It makes sense for a Templeman monologue to accompany the opening cinematic to the game menu, but further than that - let's leave him alone. Also maybe the makers don't want Templeman in it too much because he represents that strictly single-player role-playing adventure game LoK rather than this 'reinvention' of the franchise.

LOFO1993
3rd Oct 2013, 12:54
Having Kain to announce every single map would be stupid and get annoying in the long period.

Having Kain to introduce the player to the game with some kind of short cinematic at launch would be both perfect and great.

ZeroFernir
3rd Oct 2013, 13:06
After reading most of the posts on this thread and the livestream viewing, I can concur that Templeman shouldn't be an announcer because it is a bit of a gimmick, plus, he's not actually in the universe at this moment so how can he comment on the going-ons? However, I believe Templeman's voice is something old fans would like to hear and acknowledging his contribution to the franchise would be respectful. It makes sense for a Templeman monologue to accompany the opening cinematic to the game menu, but further than that - let's leave him alone. Also maybe the makers don't want Templeman in it too much because he represents that strictly single-player role-playing adventure game LoK rather than this 'reinvention' of the franchise.

But they are not doing a reinvention of the series at all, but a spin-off game that is meant to be fun and to get new fans for the series. The thing on Simon would be strictly to make old fans happy, so I think it could really be a lot of voicing by him in the game. Maybe not every single map, but I agree in a promotional video or a tutorial for the newcomers.

Paradoks_db
3rd Oct 2013, 13:48
Sorry as for the poll I couldn't find the option for it
Being a newly registered user, you currently don't have the option to make a poll. You can however ask a moderator to add one for you.

Tube_Reaver
3rd Oct 2013, 14:37
You all make good points
I am still on the fence however, as it depends on if Kain were the announcer, then what would he say
if it were just "game started" "match has ended" "human side is winning" then it would get annoying, would be gimmicky, and would just annoy fans.

how about we get an awesome quote/line/sentence from Kain, when a certain player is doing exceptionally well (getting objectives, or lots of kills and low deaths etc)

What do you guys think? I think it adds a bit of flavour to the game, helps players feel proud and stand out for doing well (which we all know is a big factor in pvp games)

Being a newly registered user, you currently don't have the option to make a poll. You can however ask a moderator to add one for you.

Thanks, that makes sense and I'll try to get a mod to add it, but I might change my original post to the idea above

LOFO1993
3rd Oct 2013, 18:04
Well, maybe that's a bit too much redundant anyway, but some lines spoken by Kain to describe objects, perks etc. could be pretty cool.

I mean, if Kain sais NOTHING at all during the whole game that would piss off fans even more, but having him doing deathmatch commentator would make zero sense. Kain is mainly a narrator, he's always been, so having him describe the background of the game and maybe some historical and common notions (as, in fact, different perks and weapons are) would make sense and still be consistent with his character. But remember that 1) he is NOT there watching what happens, and 2) even if he was I don't think he would give a damn about a vampire killing three hunters in a raw. He's always been superior to this level of events.

JanusDominus
3rd Oct 2013, 18:45
Oh, in the name of the Elder God, YES.

Rivenmjk
3rd Oct 2013, 19:13
Hell, even having him tell me "Bad network connection, you have been disconnected, human".

I'd NEVER get tired of hearing this...XD

LOFO1993
3rd Oct 2013, 19:15
I'd NEVER get tired of hearing this...XD

My concern is that more than one fan could take something like that as some sort of offence, that's all.

LauraOrganaSolo
4th Oct 2013, 16:34
I don't care if they use him for gimmicks or if it's only one line in the entire game. It is not a Kain game without Kain's voice SOMEWHERE. I will actually reconsider purchasing this game if they leave Simon Templeman out. There's no reason not to have him as an announcer á lá Team Fortress 2, LoL, and Unreal Tournament.

RainaAudron
4th Oct 2013, 18:43
I will actually reconsider purchasing this game if they leave Simon Templeman out. There's no reason not to have him as an announcer á lá Team Fortress 2, LoL, and Unreal Tournament.

But the game is for free... and they said he won´t be in it most likely. However somebody on here posted that he and Richard Doyle should do like a prologue narrative for their respective races - I think that sounds like a cool idea and would fit well.

CountEyokir
4th Oct 2013, 18:44
having Kain appear somewhere in Nosgoth voiced by Simon as a surprise for us would be nice, like he meets with Rahab and such to tell him Raziel is coming?

LauraOrganaSolo
4th Oct 2013, 19:43
I assumed "free to play" meant no subscription, not the entire game is free and you don't even need to buy a copy. Guild Wars 2 etc. is F2P but you still have to buy the game.

I was too busy being mad to add yes, Richard Doyle needs to participate somehow, ideally as a narrator for the humans as previously mentioned, with Kain as the announcer/narrator for the vampires.

Reidbynature
4th Oct 2013, 19:57
I don't think I've seen them say that we will be buying copies of the game. I thought they were going to generate their profit by selling of in game accessories and other DLC etc. Or am I mistaken in this belief?

Zimitry
4th Oct 2013, 20:12
This might sound annoying, but ... why did the Wheel of Fate have to take Tony away from us?! He would make the most epic tutorial for an online game, even if there's no reason, from a lore point of view, that he would be lending help to any of the factions. God, he could read the back of a chips pack and make it interesting.

Also, using Kain's lines from previous games is a perfect idea (I can't say this enough times: I want to hear "Vae Victus" when vampires have the upper hand), as both what fans want and you wouldn't need to bother Simon. Still, using it too much and in things will be happening often is not good, as it'd get old or annoying.

MrMilky
4th Oct 2013, 20:48
This might sound annoying, but ... why did the Wheel of Fate have to take Tony away from us?!
For the same reason Jimi Hendrix died.

Anyway, Kain as an announcer would be great. That was my idea "as a cameo" and it would fit the term of "goodwill" towards the older fans from my perspective. A clear sign to hope for a sequel I must say.

@Reidbynature "Other DLC"

I am under the clear impression that there won't be DLCs, only patches. If you've played League of Legends it will be the same type of a microtransaction.

ZeroFernir
4th Oct 2013, 23:13
I don't think I've seen them say that we will be buying copies of the game. I thought they were going to generate their profit by selling of in game accessories and other DLC etc. Or am I mistaken in this belief?

I believe the same, or at least that is what they are making us to believe.

Also, using Kain's lines from previous games is a perfect idea (I can't say this enough times: I want to hear "Vae Victus" when vampires have the upper hand), as both what fans want and you wouldn't need to bother Simon. Still, using it too much and in things will be happening often is not good, as it'd get old or annoying.

We could have Simon for a annoucer on the vampiric side (so it could be doing tutorials for the newcomers, Vae Victis as the vampires win and middle-game anounnces, if there will be any) and Richard Doyle doing the same for humans. Anna Gunn could annouce the starting of a game, the ending and some other things.

Raziel1228
5th Oct 2013, 17:39
I believe the same, or at least that is what they are making us to believe.

We could have Simon for a annoucer on the vampiric side (so it could be doing tutorials for the newcomers, Vae Victis as the vampires win and middle-game anounnces, if there will be any) and Richard Doyle doing the same for humans. Anna Gunn could annouce the starting of a game, the ending and some other things.

I would absolutely love that. As the vampires win Kain roars Vae Victus. That and him doing the tutorial for the vampire side(if any) would be awesome as he describes his race to you. They should keep his voice to a minimum though no need to waste talent; Kain was never one to talk when not necessary.

Tube_Reaver
5th Oct 2013, 18:24
Thanks for all the feedback everyone, I think from reading what the last few posts have said, that the idea of having a single line during certain situations during the match from Simon would be best?

ZeroFernir
5th Oct 2013, 20:00
Thanks for all the feedback everyone, I think from reading what the last few posts have said, that the idea of having a single line during certain situations during the match from Simon would be best?

I think yes, if you are playing in the humans side. Would be nonsense to hear Moebius talking to you if you are a vampire =P

Rynfear
5th Oct 2013, 22:36
Kain is officially missing, his voice in this game would make no sense.

Reidbynature
5th Oct 2013, 22:47
Kain is officially missing, his voice in this game would make no sense.

Could always infer it's Kain telling the story. As a narrator he doesn't need to be present, just aware of the events. Which from the Chronoplast he likely would. Not to mention we know he has occasionally visited with his sons when he felt he needed to speak with one of them.

ZeroFernir
5th Oct 2013, 22:51
Could always infer it's Kain telling the story. As a narrator he doesn't need to be present, just aware of the events. Which from the Chronoplast he likely would. Not to mention we know he has occasionally visited with his sons when he felt he needed to speak with one of them.

Yeah, and most of the lines in the games are his monologues =P

Rivenmjk
6th Oct 2013, 00:54
using Kain's lines from previous games is a perfect idea (I can't say this enough times: I want to hear "Vae Victus" when vampires have the upper hand), as both what fans want and you wouldn't need to bother Simon. Still, using it too much and in things will be happening often is not good, as it'd get old or annoying.

remembers blood omen 1....
:(

AlterRequiem
6th Oct 2013, 19:33
I agree at least it would be awesome to have him narrate the game intro!
It would be really mind blowing to have him in this after all these years, and I guess he would really appreciate it (or at least feel moved?) that the fans still love and adore him and want him to have a part in this new generation game. I think it would be rather rude if we didn't even try to ask him :/ he has a twitter @TemplemanSimon he answers almost every tweet he gets. pretty awesome. Hes doing that sitcom "The Neighbors" which I basically only find hilarious cause I imagine Kain in the middle of the sitcom. Also bioware keeps chucking small speaking roles in his direction.

ZeroFernir
7th Oct 2013, 00:15
he has a twitter @TemplemanSimon he answers almost every tweet he gets. pretty awesome. Hes doing that sitcom "The Neighbors" which I basically only find hilarious cause I imagine Kain in the middle of the sitcom. Also bioware keeps chucking small speaking roles in his direction.

Maybe if we do a video compilations of photos of us all with papers written "#ComebackSimon!" xD

Paradoks_db
7th Oct 2013, 14:29
I still say no to any in-game comments by Kain. He is not there and he does not care. His comments could not be explained using game lore and would still be just a simple gimmick. Reducing Kain to an in-game announcer would considerably cheapen his character.

ZeroFernir
7th Oct 2013, 14:32
I still say no to any in-game comments by Kain. He is not there and he does not care. His comments could not be explained using game lore and would still be just a simple gimmick. Reducing Kain to an in-game announcer would considerably cheapen his character.

I actually wouldn't mind that. I wouldn't mind even some places looking as they shouldn't, as the pillars or a Sarafan Stronghold, or Avernus Cathedral. I just wanna have some nostalgic fun with this game.

Paradoks_db
7th Oct 2013, 14:38
I actually wouldn't mind that. I wouldn't mind even some places looking as they shouldn't, as the pillars or a Sarafan Stronghold, or Avernus Cathedral. I just wanna have some nostalgic fun with this game.
I would mind. I think Nosgoth is already hurting the franchise with many of it's decisions. There is no need to expand that damage even further.

ZeroFernir
7th Oct 2013, 14:59
I would mind. I think Nosgoth is already hurting the franchise with many of it's decisions. There is no need to expand that damage even further.

That's why I said in the other topic that is should be a DLC. So download if you want to, and if you do not feel unconfortable with it.

Paradoks_db
7th Oct 2013, 15:10
That's why I said in the other topic that is should be a DLC. So download if you want to, and if you do not feel unconfortable with it.
I disagree. It would cheapen the character simply by being in game, regardless of whether it would be optional or not. It would also send a bad message to those not interested in playing the game but who are fans of previous titles and take the lore seriously (like myself).

ZeroFernir
7th Oct 2013, 15:37
I disagree. It would cheapen the character simply by being in game, regardless of whether it would be optional or not. It would also send a bad message to those not interested in playing the game but who are fans of previous titles and take the lore seriously (like myself).

Again, I disagree. I am a long time fan of LoK, specially because of the lore, but I think the most important thing in a game is the fun that it brings you. And for me it would be nostalgic to see that places.

Paradoks_db
7th Oct 2013, 16:00
Again, I disagree. I am a long time fan of LoK, specially because of the lore, but I think the most important thing in a game is the fun that it brings you. And for me it would be nostalgic to see that places.
I see now that I did not express myself properly. I should have taken the locations part out of the post I quoted. I was referring only to Kain's commentaries. I wouldn't mind seeing old locations either. That would actually be a good thing if done right (like Nupraptor's Retreat in SR1).

Tube_Reaver
7th Oct 2013, 16:07

I agree with this 100% and I think fans should remember that this is Nosgoth, not Legacy of Kain Nosgoth, which is probably a reason that left out the LoK bit, it isn't about the main story and characters we all know and love, but it is within the setting and timeline (well 1 of them anyways)

This game should be taken with a pinch of salt, enjoy it for what it is, rather than hate it for what it's not. As the devs said, in the end it might lead to re-igniting the LoK franchise so that we CAN get the final instalment to the LoK series.

For now though we have what I hope will turn out to be a fun, competitive multiplayer vampz vs hummies game, that I can enjoy with friends.

Also as a long time LoK fan, I don't think that this would cheapen his character at all, it's just meant for fun/nostalgia, so take it with a pinch of salt I say and enjoy it.

RainaAudron
7th Oct 2013, 16:16
It might sound good on paper, believe me, but when you play the game, an announcer is not really fitting I think...

Tube_Reaver
7th Oct 2013, 16:27
It might sound good on paper, believe me, but when you play the game, an announcer is not really fitting I think...

That is very likely. As I said in my OP before editing, it depends on the game itself and how it feels when you play it. Although I still wouldn't mind a single line when a player is doing very well.

Will have to wait and see when I get an invite to the alpha/beta (soon I hope!)

ZeroFernir
7th Oct 2013, 19:31
I agree with this 100% and I think fans should remember that this is Nosgoth, not Legacy of Kain Nosgoth, which is probably a reason that left out the LoK bit, it isn't about the main story and characters we all know and love, but it is within the setting and timeline (well 1 of them anyways)

This game should be taken with a pinch of salt, enjoy it for what it is, rather than hate it for what it's not. As the devs said, in the end it might lead to re-igniting the LoK franchise so that we CAN get the final instalment to the LoK series.

For now though we have what I hope will turn out to be a fun, competitive multiplayer vampz vs hummies game, that I can enjoy with friends.

Also as a long time LoK fan, I don't think that this would cheapen his character at all, it's just meant for fun/nostalgia, so take it with a pinch of salt I say and enjoy it.

Surelly it would not. I think that He would like it, actually. Seeing that the fanbase still loves him, after 10 years on oblivion, would be nice.

I thought on that too. The atmosphere would not help, huh? But I still wanna hear him.

That is very likely. As I said in my OP before editing, it depends on the game itself and how it feels when you play it. Although I still wouldn't mind a single line when a player is doing very well.

Will have to wait and see when I get an invite to the alpha/beta (soon I hope!)

You are not the only one: I am excited about that to. Would love a invite.

Tube_Reaver
7th Oct 2013, 19:40
Surelly it would not. I think that He would like it, actually. Seeing that the fanbase still loves him, after 10 years on oblivion, would be nice.

I thought on that too. The atmosphere would not help, huh? But I still wanna hear him.

You are not the only one: I am excited about that to. Would love a invite.

We should use time hop and alter destiny to get our invites by tomorrow morning. XD

To the bit I highlighted - It's all Raziel's fault

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7641844480/hEE8B2DA6/

(Stole it from the memes thread, credit goes to Cradlis for posting this)

ZeroFernir
7th Oct 2013, 20:02
We should use time hop and alter destiny to get our invites by tomorrow morning. XD

To the bit I highlighted - It's all Raziel's fault

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7641844480/hEE8B2DA6/

(Stole it from the memes thread, credit goes to Cradlis for posting this)

I just saw the memes too =P I wanna know when the Alpha STAAAAAARTSSSSS! =P

Tube_Reaver
7th Oct 2013, 20:27
I just saw the memes too =P I wanna know when the Alpha STAAAAAARTSSSSS! =P

editing out this post

Vampmaster
7th Oct 2013, 20:32
I don't want to spread any misinformation, but I believe it already has? Some people are already talking in different threads about the gameplay in a manner as if they are currently testing it.

Again I could be wrong so take what I say with a pinch of salt.

16 of us were invited to a community event at SE London where we got t play an alpha or a pre-alpha build.

ZeroFernir
7th Oct 2013, 20:33
I don't want to spread any misinformation, but I believe it already has? Some people are already talking in different threads about the gameplay in a manner as if they are currently testing it.

Again I could be wrong so take what I say with a pinch of salt.

Nope, the ones who did played, was in Community's Day. Yet yesterday a dev told me that it hasn't started yet.

Tube_Reaver
7th Oct 2013, 20:49
16 of us were invited to a community event at SE London where we got t play an alpha or a pre-alpha build.

Nope, the ones who did played, was in Community's Day. Yet yesterday a dev told me that it hasn't started yet.

Ah right thanks for clearing that up, I'll edit my post then :3 I was wondering like "that was quick"

ZeroFernir
7th Oct 2013, 21:12
Ah right thanks for clearing that up, I'll edit my post then :3 I was wondering like "that was quick"

Yeah, xD I wish I was one of that 16, right? xD

Tube_Reaver
7th Oct 2013, 21:31
Yeah, xD I wish I was one of that 16, right? xD

I'm telling you, chronoplast and alter destiny XD

ZeroFernir
7th Oct 2013, 21:42
I'm telling you, chronoplast and alter destiny XD

Let's create a time machine! =P

Magicaltophat
10th Oct 2013, 22:58
I think the idea for having Kain as a sort of narrator for standing orders left to the clans before he starts hopping through time might be kind of cool, but I don't remember where Moebius is hiding out during SR1. I do think that if you're gonna have ANY voice actors from the original games, it should definitely be for something worthwhile, so I gotta say the announcer idea doesn't seem like a good one.

ZeroFernir
11th Oct 2013, 00:12
Maybe a cool idea is for Kain to say the objectives, in a different game mode which has objectives, if there is one.

The_Hylden
11th Oct 2013, 03:48
I wanted specifically, if Kain's voice were to be heard, an intro monologue per stage, or perhaps per affecting growth in the battles and updates that come, expressing the time period, where the war was at, while he pursued his quest to find the answers to Nosgoth's destiny and his own. Something tying into a "Meanwhile, while I did such and such, my empire fell into further ruin. The humans had made their way into the town of such and such, and Dumah's forces led the assault to retake it. In doing so, they'd be able to cripple the humans' supply line...." etc. And tie it all into a "The future beckoned before us all -- a steadfast horror we would all face were I unable to unwrap the fabric of time and seize upon an alternate route. All that I had created -- the folly of a defiant youth's arrogance -- was but a flicker in the continuum. And yet, these factions continued their labored squabbles, heedless that their efforts were but that of the doomed and the discarded only -- props and dressing, fated to fall upon the stage."

...or some such soliloquy. Something to feel Kain is in character and so is preoccupied with his pursuits, yet still has a flickering moment to devote to what was happening as he worked behind the scenes on the real fight at hand.

And yes, 16 of us had access to the game back in early September. This is completely different than the alpha and beta stages coming up.

ZeroFernir
11th Oct 2013, 03:54
I wanted specifically, if Kain's voice were to be heard, an intro monologue per stage, or perhaps per affecting growth in the battles and updates that come, expressing the time period, where the war was at, while he pursued his quest to find the answers to Nosgoth's destiny and his own. Something tying into a "Meanwhile, while I did such and such, my empire fell into further ruin. The humans had made their way into the town of such and such, and Dumah's forces led the assault to retake it. In doing so, they'd be able to cripple the humans' supply line...." etc. And tie it all into a "The future beckoned before us all -- a steadfast horror we would all face were I unable to unwrap the fabric of time and seize upon an alternate route. All that I had created -- the folly of a defiant youth's arrogance -- was but a flicker in the continuum. And yet, these factions continued their labored squabbles, heedless that their efforts were but that of the doomed and the discarded only -- props and dressing, fated to fall upon the stage."

...or some such soliloquy. Something to feel Kain is in character and so is preoccupied with his pursuits, yet still has a flickering moment to devote to what was happening as he worked behind the scenes on the real fight at hand.

And yes, 16 of us had access to the game back in early September. This is completely different than the alpha and beta stages coming up.

THAT. It must be in the game.

kain67raz34
23rd Nov 2013, 00:34
simon t would be so frickin great to have the least they could do is let him do some voice overs he says he never got a call.