PDA

View Full Version : 2 versions, European or US?

Astara
5th Sep 2006, 22:32
I just purchased TRL at a local electronics shop in california. There were two different box styles, one was the same size as a standard DVD case. The 2nd was about double the thickness.

I got the thinner DVD sized one, it has a rating of 12+ and two pictograms -- one a fist, I guess violent content, and the other looks like swear words in a comic "conversation bubble". It also, oddly, says "for distribution outside the UK Only", which I thought peculiar.

Now I see there are patches available for a Euro and a US version and with the unfamiliar rating symbols, and the restriction of not being for sale in the UK...could this be a Euro-non-UK version? Or are the new rating symbols a different (newer?) style from the "MA/TE" type ratings?

Why would it say it's only for sale outside of the UK? Is there a special version for just the UK?

Thanks!

aussie500
5th Sep 2006, 23:49
No idea, but since it seems you brought the PC version l would think the game would be exactly the same, since PC's are the same all over the world, it would only be the rating system and box packaging that change. And there are only 2 patches available the second compatible with all versions and the first european only since presumably that problem was fixed before the USA version was released

LaraGirl216
7th Sep 2006, 17:37
I am from the UK and so far my version is exactly like your USA version. So no I don't think there is a special version for the UK.

LaraGirl216