PDA

View Full Version : Japan - Help jumping off pole

emmaleth72
5th Sep 2006, 14:21
I am in Japan, climbing the outer wall to Takamoto's penthouse. I am climbing up the last pole, which will fall, and I know I need to jump off the pole before it falls and grab one of a series of horizontal bars, then it apprears I will swing accross them to a balcony. Well, I cannot get Lara to grab the first bar. I have tried jumping from every position near the top of the pole, I have tried jumping a different times, to no avail. Lara either jumps short of the bar, or, believe it or not, jumps right over the bar. At no time does she reach for the bar. I have tried this about 50 times, and it's getting beyond frustrating :mad2: Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

Lord Of Games
5th Sep 2006, 18:46
Try doing it when shes lower down thats where i always do it and i do that level all the time. Good level. :D

So just keep at it and you'll get there sometime trust me! ;)

Treeble
5th Sep 2006, 20:53
If you don't rotate Lara but just climb the pole to the top, she should be aligned, when Alister and Zip start talking you can jump. Make sure you just TAP the jump button and she'll grab the pole. If you hold the button, you'll miss it.

aussie500
6th Sep 2006, 00:09
And do NOT press a direction button when jumping from the pipe to the pole till after you have jumped, she will automatically grab the pole directly behind her, press forward after you have jumped so she will start to swing as soon as she grabs the pole

AJ-TC
14th Sep 2006, 22:54
I was trying to get off that pole for ages, too. So thanks for the help! Just tapping the jump button was great advice.