PDA

View Full Version : Flickering Issues

Kinag
4th Sep 2006, 19:27
Hi, I got myself a new computer and I'm generally happy with it considering I haven't had any problems with it as of yet, except when it comes to the Tomb Raider: Legend game.

I'm running the game at max details with next generation content activated and sometimes (like at the start of the game) the screen starts flickering.

Now I believe this to be because it's alot of graphics to load, but I do not have any problem in Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and I can run that game at max details without even any delay/lag or flickering or graphic issues.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this issue?

And no, I haven't overclocked the card :)

Computer specializations:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13ghz
2GB RAM
XFX Geforce 7950GX2 1gb

I've also tried updating the drivers to the new beta drivers, 91.33 iirc :)

Thanks.

Gamerking
4th Sep 2006, 21:12
It might be the constant colour changes throughout each level. This could mean your monitor is dying, try TRL on another monitor if you can, if there is no flickering the problem is the monitor if not. I have no idea sorry.

Kinag
5th Sep 2006, 09:10
I doubt this is the problem considering I bought the LCD screen 5 months ago.

Would also be weird since it didnt happen on my old screen.

I am playing Oblivion with max details and the screen never flickers there, and I would assume that Oblivion graphics takes alot more colors than the Tomb Raider Legend game, so it should flicker on Oblivion too if that was the problem.

Gamerking
5th Sep 2006, 11:15
Mmm checked the dvi out cables sure they aren't damaged or set to some crazy setting?

Kinag
5th Sep 2006, 14:02
That wasn't it neither ;(

Starting to think my computer can't run Next Generation content since that's when the flickering starts.

It's rather weird how I can run Oblivion at max then, don't you think?

Edit: eeek, I Just noticed the technical forums :(

Can any admin please move this thread? :)

Kinag
5th Sep 2006, 15:29
Turned off shadows and the flickering went away :) No problems what so ever now, with everything else turned on :)

Got to love Next Generation Content :D