PDA

View Full Version : Should I...

enoch
4th Sep 2006, 12:36
Does anyone know if which ones to buy if am looking for the old pc versions of TR 1, 2 and 3? I mean, I have looked at amazon and some of the offered games says gold edition and such but could it be that 1 and 2 from "soldout" contains the extra levels? Anyone?

L Croft
4th Sep 2006, 19:24
My Sold Out versions didn't have the gold packs, but I think you can download the gold packs for TR1 and 2 (not TR3 though)

CatSuit&Ponytail
4th Sep 2006, 21:22
Just like L, my copies of Sold Out don't have the Gold, but if you buy Sold Out, they are original TR discs, and you can play the Gold by downloading them and playing while the original discs are in the drive. :)

..... >_> Yes, we have copies of the Sold Out, even though we also have the real originals.........because the packaging is different! Why!?? What's wrong with that!!? :p

Treeble
4th Sep 2006, 23:17
..... >_> Yes, we have copies of the Sold Out, even though we also have the real originals.........because the packaging is different! Why!?? What's wrong with that!!? :p

Absolutely nothing. Not only a different package, but you also get the release and the rereleases! :D It's fun to do that - I myself do that, when things aren't completely out of reach. Which is most of the time, unfortunately. :p

enoch
10th Sep 2006, 11:57
All right. So I can download the gold packs for free if I buy the Sold out versions? Where from do download them and what about TR 3 and the Times level for TR 4? Much obliged for your answers.

Treeble
10th Sep 2006, 15:12
The Times is a standalone level available for free download and you don't even have to have the TR4 CD. :)

The Lost Artifact, the TR3 expansion, was sold as a stand alone game too, not available for download.

SethKoopa
10th Sep 2006, 17:19
You can buy TR3 complete with the Lost Artifact from UK Amazon, for it was released in the UK and Europe, I believe, as a double-pack. I would have if I hadn't got TR3 as a stand-alone a year earlier. Eidos did this to further promote their existant games as a new one was released: Unfinished business when TR2 was released, Golden Mask when TR3 was released, and LA when the Last Revelation was released. I guess this is because these games had a lot of spare levels, which LR, with its intricate storyline, did not need to sport.

L Croft
10th Sep 2006, 20:20
TREEBLE is correct, I don't know where to get the The Times level, does anyone have it. For everything else I would reccomend Stella's (http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/downloads.html#demos).

Treeble
10th Sep 2006, 20:44
I think I've seen The Times online a few days ago... let me find the link and I'll post it here. :)

EDIT/

Try here. :)

http://www.tombraider.ru/games/tr4/times_level_download.html

Sophia Leigh
11th Sep 2006, 01:52
You can also download the Times Exclusive from here (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr4/demo.html), the same site where you can download the gold levels for 1 & 2 ;)

enoch
20th Sep 2006, 15:37
Just found out that the TR1 and TR2 sold out edition delivers 16 levels on TR1. On my PS version there only seem to be 15 levels. Anyone who knows what the 16th level is about?

Treeble
20th Sep 2006, 15:51
I always assumed it to be the Croft Manor.

enoch
20th Sep 2006, 17:43
Right. Makes sense.