PDA

View Full Version : BO2 is crashing!!

Marius3000
31st Aug 2006, 19:51
OK!!! I have a problem...
When Iplay BO2 it is crashing to the desktop with no error messages.
I read the reanme and it is just crashing to the desktop...:scratch:
Should I update it???
HHEEELLLPPP!!!
:)

Turaziel
31st Aug 2006, 21:40
You should get the console version. XBox is the best version.

WraithStar
3rd Sep 2006, 18:35
I definitely suggest downloading the patch for Blood Omen 2. With the patch, I think it may have crashed to the desktop once for me, but at any rate it was much more stable. It would seem that Blood Omen 2 is no longer supported by Eidos because I can't find anywhere on their site to download the patch:confused: I just checked and you can get the patch from www.zdnet.com Just search for "Blood Omen 2" and scroll down until you see the 1.02 patch :)

Irmok the Mad
2nd Oct 2006, 05:25
I've taken some measures to improve stability and frame rate in Blood Omen 2. A good friend of mine on the Elder Scrolls Forums made a couple of nice little utilities that improve 3D engines. What the utilities do is they convert fpu code into sse code where applicable, which means that BO2 will take full advantage of your processor's SSE functionality. Pentium 3's and higher support SSE.

Also another nice tweak is to open the registry editor and go to where the Blood Omen 2 key is at and modify the "Pure Device" key. Set this key to "1", as it will make Blood Omen 2 rely more on the GPU rather than the CPU. (I think...)

Here is where you can get Timeslip's EXE optimizer and FPU2SSE.

http://www.angelfire.com/games6/timeslip/morrow.html

Finally, I recommend downloading the PCI Latency Tool. (google it)
Use the PCI latency tool to set your sound card's latency to 128 and your graphics card latency to 64. This will result in an overall system performance boost. Today's graphic cards like to have a default latency of 248, which is WAY too much bandwidth for just one single device. This only applies to PCI and AGP graphic cards. PCI-express dosen't work with the tool.

tuesday20102001
16th Oct 2006, 02:56
OK!!! I have a problem...
When Iplay BO2 it is crashing to the desktop with no error messages.
I read the reanme and it is just crashing to the desktop...:scratch:
Should I update it???
HHEEELLLPPP!!!
:)

cant say that eidos will be quick to resolve your problem.i did beat blood omen to for pc after giving up on the x box version.bought the pc version from "soldout software company ,united kingdom". game was beat using the following hardware and configuration: dell latitude 110l , pentium M 256 cache, pc2700 333 mhz 256mb ddr memory, onboard video and sound, virtual memory set at a minimum of 1024 due to setup freezing during install.
same hardware was used for soul reaver 2 on pc.

try adjusting your virtual memory or physical memory, might help.

intrepid_soul
16th Oct 2006, 04:06
I definitely suggest downloading the patch for Blood Omen 2. With the patch, I think it may have crashed to the desktop once for me, but at any rate it was much more stable. It would seem that Blood Omen 2 is no longer supported by Eidos because I can't find anywhere on their site to download the patch:confused: I just checked and you can get the patch from www.zdnet.com Just search for "Blood Omen 2" and scroll down until you see the 1.02 patch :)

Actually we support all games as long as they are running in a supported environment. The reason you couldn't find it on our support site is due to lack of contact on the title. When I first got into CS over 2 years ago, the list on our support site went on for days, and had titles that precursed Lara Croft. I instituted a policy that if a title had not be contracted within a set amount of time (3 months was the figure I settled on), I would slide the title off the list. 3 months after going with this policy I was able to clear 20+ titles off the list. This made the lsit shorter so that people looking for current titles, or people looking for support on some of our more popular titles would find them easier. I knew there might be some cases of people still looking for support on the older titles so, I included a title at the bottom of the list *ZZ My Title is not on the list* This is the catch all, so if someone does need support on our classic titles they can still reach us.

Trust me this is not the most convient of things, nor is it ideal. It just worked for what we needed it. That being said our support site should be changing here in the near future, with new exciting software to make things easier to work with on both your side and ours.

As for the BO link here is the direct link to the patch: http://support.eidosinteractive.com/GI/CustomerSupport/patches/PC/Blood_Omen_2/bo2pc102.exe

And you should now see BO on the support list at support.eidosinteractive.com

intrepid_soul
16th Oct 2006, 04:15
cant say that eidos will be quick to resolve your problem.i did beat blood omen to for pc after giving up on the x box version.bought the pc version from "soldout software company ,united kingdom". game was beat using the following hardware and configuration: dell latitude 110l , pentium M 256 cache, pc2700 333 mhz 256mb ddr memory, onboard video and sound, virtual memory set at a minimum of 1024 due to setup freezing during install.
same hardware was used for soul reaver 2 on pc.

try adjusting your virtual memory or physical memory, might help.

Well, we can't be quick to resolve issues we don't know about. :whistle: Eidos support did not have a game plan for the forums, infact the forums are not run by support. I do have to apoligize for support not being more vocal on the forums in the past few months. We have been going through a transistion. We were a 3 man group, but one of our members left us to pursue opportunities else where. He took with him 6 years of acquired information and a deep understanding of the forums, and how important it is to patrol them. I didn't release at the time how much work he put in on these forums.

Anyways, we are back up to 3 and you should see an increase presence everywhere, but again please be patient, as I said there are only 3 of us. The two areas that must always come first are our email support and our phone support, but we will be here too.

I would have to say purchasing the game from Sold Out Software is a stroke of genious for one major reason, they are a publisher, as such they had their own support team to handle issues. The interesting part since they are rereleasing our games they have either fixed OS specific issues or found their own work arounds for these issues, and their database of knowledge is slightly newer then ours.