PDA

View Full Version : Snake monster: it´s impossible!

fabioM
30th Aug 2006, 01:17
I can´t pull down those things down after i hipnotize the snake...this is stupid...and with that ****ty pistol it´s even more stupid...and with just one health pack how am i supposed to go through this level?.

i´m sorry but this is frustrating...jeesus...any cheat i can put to go through?:D

I will have to start this level all over again...and that´s if i can

Watcher
30th Aug 2006, 05:29
Just take the time, a second before those serpent take a look at the bell.
It will work. If you waiting the serpent take a look at it, you will loose your time.
I just do that couple days ago. With half of health. :cool:

Headache
30th Aug 2006, 10:38
'Tis not impossible!! It can be done! You must shoot the bell, you know.... and immediately press the grapple button as soon as he's hypnotized.

ShirleyC
30th Aug 2006, 11:46
If you are using a computer, (after the serpent looks away), Holster Laras gun, grapple, then use the action key to pull it down. At times, Lara needed to keep hitting the action key in order for the basket to fall. This was really hard for me the first time I played. Happy Raiding.
Shirley

fabioM
30th Aug 2006, 13:25
Oh boy...i spent another hour trying to kill the snake but i couldn´t.

It seems like it´s another premature end to my tombraider game.

I even kicked the mouse against the wall...oh well

fabioM
30th Aug 2006, 14:19
Ok it´s done..i had to check a movie saying how it was done.

But i didn´t take any pleasure from it...i´m now in the Nepal

fabioM
30th Aug 2006, 16:23
Oh dear oh dear,now i can´t defeat Amanda in Bolivia Redux...people want the next tombraider to be harder eh?

I don´t think i will buy TR again...

ANyway this excalibur sword makes Lara swing around like she´s dancing...i know it´s very powerfull but it´s hard to control her when i shoot it.

Treeble
30th Aug 2006, 16:34
But if you keep the aim locked onto Amanda, you can simply keep the trigger button pressed down and Excalibur hits won't miss. I don't know how it's done on PC, but on PS2 it helps to simply rotate the camera as Amanda swings by. Obviously you should keep Lara on the move, too, otherwise she'll get hit. :)

Mangar The Dark
30th Aug 2006, 18:26
Put ADVANCE TOGGLE MODE on when fighting Amanda. That fight felt almost impossible before I tried that, but then it became very easy.

fabioM
30th Aug 2006, 20:30
Yeah i´m doing better with Advanced toggle mode...put Amanda on the floor 2 times but i always get beaten

Gamerking
30th Aug 2006, 21:20
Tried using the interact button once she is down.....?

fabioM
30th Aug 2006, 22:13
Yeah

Headache
30th Aug 2006, 22:23
Yes, keep moving and swinging the sword, but make you sure don't get to close to the edge, otherwise one of her attacks might knock you off the edge. But Im sure you've figured that out :D

fabioM
30th Aug 2006, 22:46
Nah i can´t kill her...how am i supposed to kill her with just 1 health pack?

The health pack are another stupid thing in the game...so little health pack to catch.

Feck this sh1t...you probably are a bit sick of hearing me whinging but i got more frustration and sweat than fun playing this game

Treeble
31st Aug 2006, 00:43
I think that's why there's the 'warm up' battle prior to the boss. A number of those mercenaries will drop medipacks, should you need them. The amount will depend on the difficulty you are playing.

Headache
31st Aug 2006, 01:00
I think that's why there's the 'warm up' battle prior to the boss. A number of those mercenaries will drop medipacks, should you need them. The amount will depend on the difficulty you are playing.
Yeah, but if you die while trying to defeat Amanda, you will automatically restart with her, not the mercenaries. And when that happens there are no pick-ups around - That's what I've found anyway.

Treeble
31st Aug 2006, 01:11
Oh I think you're right about that. Best way then is to just stay alive. :D ;)

shaq
31st Aug 2006, 11:59
Consider to still running left and right when You shooting to the Big BELLS ;) the dragon hipnotize always at the same moment You can anticipate this moment and before quick use magnetic hook... ;)

fabioM
31st Aug 2006, 18:41
Consider to still running left and right when You shooting to the Big BELLS ;) the dragon hipnotize always at the same moment You can anticipate this moment and before quick use magnetic hook... ;)

I´ve done it...after all it was pretty easy.

What i was doing wrong was shooting the bells for a bit long when i should just have shoot them once and wait for the snake to hipnotize.

About Amanda...well i´m kinda tired of having to kill this stupid bosses that take ages to die...i want fun not sweat and tireness

Mangar The Dark
31st Aug 2006, 19:58
IAbout Amanda...well i´m kinda tired of having to kill this stupid bosses that take ages to die...i want fun not sweat and tireness

What difficulty level are you playing on? I assume you're on the HARD mode. I played MEDIUM (or whatever they called it in the game), and the Amanda fight was very easy. So if you're playing on the hardest difficult, just try replaying it on medium, and you'll get through it in no time. Trust me, I completely SUCK at fights in games-- people may remember me complaining about Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time many many times on this board, until I finally gave up and traded it in, but I was able to beat Amanda with no trouble on the medium setting.

Treeble
31st Aug 2006, 20:46
Well, the boss fights in Sands Of Time were ridicularly easy if compared to any boss in either of the sequels. The very first boss on the second game, less than 10 minutes into the game itself, was a lot harder than the final boss of the Sands Of Time. I'd expect that TR8 would follow a similar pattern.

fabioM
3rd Sep 2006, 15:44
What difficulty level are you playing on? I assume you're on the HARD mode. I played MEDIUM (or whatever they called it in the game), and the Amanda fight was very easy. So if you're playing on the hardest difficult, just try replaying it on medium, and you'll get through it in no time. Trust me, I completely SUCK at fights in games-- people may remember me complaining about Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time many many times on this board, until I finally gave up and traded it in, but I was able to beat Amanda with no trouble on the medium setting.

I would if there´s the option to change the level of difficulty.

But it´s so stupid to have so very little health packs...once again and after a few days i tried to kill the boss again but i can´t...****

fabioM
4th Sep 2006, 19:19
I finally beat the piece of crap:cool:

poufy
6th Sep 2006, 00:22
Tell me about it I was on that level and near the end of the game. It really is a hard one. He's head doesn't seem to be able to get hit by the cages?

Headache
6th Sep 2006, 00:54
Tell me about it I was on that level and near the end of the game. It really is a hard one. He's head doesn't seem to be able to get hit by the cages?
The keyword is 'quick'

LaraGirl216
7th Sep 2006, 17:42
When using Medipacks only use them if you REALLY need them!

LaraGirl216