PDA

View Full Version : The Independent interviews Karima Adebibe

MissLara2U
29th Aug 2006, 22:46
THE INDEPENDENT TAPS KARIMA ADEBIBE
Copyright 2006 www.tombraiderchronicles.com

[ August 29th 2006 ]

The Independent has courted newly anointed Lara Croft model Karima Adebibe and quizzed her on life in the boots of Eidos' video-game icon and what the future might hold after her tenure ends.

"It has been an amazing experience. I'd come to the end of a day of doing SAS combat training and be really exhausted - physically and mentally - but then get all excited again when I was told I'd be learning how to fire a gun the next day. I just had to dose myself up on vitamin C to keep going."

"I was always more creative than I was academic. I've been offered modelling jobs since the age of about 12 but my mum would never let me do them because obviously I was too young. Then while I was doing the foundation I was offered more and ended up doing a big campaign for Coca-Cola.

"I expected the modelling to just be something to do at the weekend but then I was doing so many jobs, covers for girls' magazines and that sort of thing, that I decided to stop doing the fashion course and concentrate on modelling instead."

On what the future might hold, Karima tenders the following: "I definitely like the idea of going to LA and doing an acting course while working as a waitress, doing all that thing.

"I've also just been asked to take part in a campaign against climate change which I'm really excited about, so I've been reading up on that to learn as much as I can. People ask me what I want to do but there are just so many things!"

The full interview is available online here (http://education.independent.co.uk/magazines/article1222505.ece).

CatSuit&Ponytail
30th Aug 2006, 12:26
"I've also just been asked to take part in a campaign against climate change which I'm really excited about..."
Yes, she spoke about that a bit to us with great enthusiasm. :) I am hoping to hear more about it, as it is also one of my personal interests.