PDA

View Full Version : For those who have that windows error problem - SOLUTION INSIDE

Skyline_man
26th Aug 2006, 23:37
Hey, just found how to run the game fine without getting that damn windows error (Send report - Dont send).

here is how to fix that problem and run the game:

Just Remove Windows Update KB917422, restart, run the game, ENJOY :)

Tell me if that works for you all, maybe that could be pinned.:whistle:

Tine to play, Cya :)

chippxero
27th Aug 2006, 03:25
Didn't make any difference for me still get the same error.

buzznjackal
27th Aug 2006, 03:50
I actually didn't have that update installed and it wasn't working.
So I installed that update just to see what would happen and it still doesn't work. Then I uninstalled it for good measure and still not working.

Skyline_man
27th Aug 2006, 03:53
weird, i got that problem sorted out by uninstalling that update.:scratch:

buzznjackal
27th Aug 2006, 17:07
Thanks anyways but I just wanted to be clear to others reading the forum that its not a solution. In order for it to be a solution it needs to be repeatable on other peoples PC.

p2im0
27th Aug 2006, 23:23
I can confirm (at least for me) that removing this update does allow the game to run on my system.

Aside from trying all other methods and getting none of them to work, I rebooted, removed the patch, rebooted again and the game worked.

Good luck to everyone else, it appears this game has some seriously quirky issues.
Honestly, IMHO I didn't enjoy it, the game is too cheesy and doesn't deserve to be compared to Far Cry in any way relative to gameplay, the only resemblance is scenery. I hope other people may enjoy this more than myself but honestly, the game did not seem to recieve the kind of attention it should have during development. With much gameplay tweaks this game could have potential.

Personally, I wouldn't buy this, and for that matter, I wouldn't play it even if it were bought as a gift.

Sorry.

buzznjackal
30th Aug 2006, 12:23
I didn't even have that patch installed to begin with. So this didn't work for me. I tried installing it then uninstalling it, which makes little sense, but still did not work.
I was able to install it on my older PC which is a 2.8Ghz P4, 2 x 512MB RAM, Radeon 9700 Pro and I agree this game isn't very good. From what I saw and the fact I can't get it to run on my other PC I won't be buying this one.

intrepid_soul
6th Oct 2006, 03:05
Hey, just found how to run the game fine without getting that damn windows error (Send report - Dont send).

Let me help here, this only will fix the crash that occurs if you click the "Show details" link in the crash, and the modname reads kernel32.dll. M$ is in the process of fixing this fix, so hopefully it won't affect us gamers for long. If its any consolation, it is affect non-gamers admin types as well.

Hypercondor
7th Oct 2006, 22:56

sry this must sound stupid but where can i delete this update cos i no i have it but i cant find where to delete it.

dnt worry people found it now. feel a bit stoopid.

intrepid_soul
8th Oct 2006, 16:55
sry this must sound stupid but where can i delete this update cos i no i have it but i cant find where to delete it.

dnt worry people found it now. feel a bit stoopid.

Don't, Microsoft hid it. :) Go to add remove programs, and click the box at the top that says show updates.

DForeigner
10th Oct 2006, 23:30
It worked fine with me. All I had to do was uninstall the update in the add/remove programs window, and all my problems were gone. Thanks :)

FARHAN-FX
18th Oct 2006, 09:02
I bought just cause yesterday and installed it perfectly. But what happens when I try to load it? Oh yes...

justcause.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

WHY???

I've tried everything and it just won't work.

AMD 3200+
Windows XP
1gb RAM
Radeon X600 256MB
Direct X 9.0c

F^lc0n
20th Oct 2006, 19:58
I've tried everything what I could find in some support forums, I've uninstalled KB917422, I've installed some new patch which should solve the problem with previous patch. I've cleaned all the previuos drivers and installed new onces, reinstalled DX, and still nothing, whatever I do the game crashes, goes to Windows with the "Send or not Send" message :mad2:
Please help, I've got the same problem with original version of the game and with the demo!! I don't want to re-install Windows, not being sure that it would help, cause' I've got to many needed e-mails etc.

ACER ASPIRE 3023 WLMI
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
ATI Radeon X700 Core @415 Mem @385 (128MB DDR3) - Driv OMEGA 3.8.291
2048 MB RAM (1x1024 Nanya Technology 1x1024 NoName)
80 GB HDD Samsung
SB Audigy 2NX

HELP!!!!

P.S. I've tried the game with a different config at Mine friend's computer and it worked! Tested config:
P4 3.0 Dual Core
Nvidia G-Force 7200 (with shared memory up to 256MB)
1 GB RAM
300 GB HDD Samsung
Integrated sound card

I think that the config was similar, major difference was with the operating system I had Windows XP Home Edition and He had Windows XP Media Center.
Is it worth to re-install Windows to have game running?? :scratch:

Maxx_Fire
20th Oct 2006, 23:34
I've installed some new patch which should solve the problem with previous patch.

Patch?? What patch are you on about? There is no patch!

F^lc0n
21st Oct 2006, 07:30
Patch?? What patch are you on about? There is no patch!

Theoreticly it's written that it should fix the problem with update KB917422, but it doesn't.
Please check the link: http://support.eidosinteractive.com/GI/CustomerSupport/FaqSearchResults.jsp?problemType=5&searchText=&game=189&platform=3

intrepid_soul
21st Oct 2006, 16:54
Theoreticly it's written that it should fix the problem with update KB917422, but it doesn't.
Please check the link: http://support.eidosinteractive.com/GI/CustomerSupport/FaqSearchResults.jsp?problemType=5&searchText=&game=189&platform=3

As my document wrote it is a hotfix from Microsoft, which means it is not a final fix, and there is no guarentee it will do what it says.

Maxx_Fire
21st Oct 2006, 21:49
I'm doubting this one will work as it doesn't mention secuROM in the company names...

Has anyone tried contacting SecuROM directly about this issue?

F^lc0n
22nd Oct 2006, 02:32
I've found a solution how to make the game working, it's kind of weird solution but it does work!!
1. Uninstall previous operating system- format, whatever, remember about backuping important datas.
2. Install plain Windows XP with SP2, it doesn't matter what version: Home, Proffesional.
3. Block Auto Update.
4. Turn on the game and have fun.

Iv'e tried that twice and the game did start, but i installed patches and after that and the game crashed once again. Maybe uninstalling all patches will solve the problem as well, try it.
I'll wait patiently for some patches with My Windows updates installed.
Good luck!!

Damn Windows... I have to buy Xbox 360!! :nut:

intrepid_soul
23rd Oct 2006, 16:39
I'm doubting this one will work as it doesn't mention secuROM in the company names...

Has anyone tried contacting SecuROM directly about this issue?

From what I am able to gather about this security update that causes the issues, it prevents INI modification out side the windows system folder. Many games use ini files for configuration files, so they get modified during normal use outside the system folder.

b1gg5y
23rd Oct 2006, 17:14
i getting really pissed of with this craic, when you buy a game( witch you have the spec's for) you expect to be able to play the thing. but no. i hope eidos is reading this cause if i cant get it working ill send it right back,and i just wont get another eidos game.ive tried all the ideas on this forum, plus others and nothing works,if i knew it was going to be like this, i wouldnt of got the game in the first place.:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

intrepid_soul
23rd Oct 2006, 17:19
ive tried all the ideas on this forum, plus others and nothing works,if i knew it was going to be like this, i wouldnt of got the game in the first place.:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Is your specific issue the one listed here? if so its not the fault of Eidos but of an errant update. Removing it actually fixes the issue.

b1gg5y
23rd Oct 2006, 17:22
i have removed it, and still nothing, but it might be my windows xp 64, as im having a few hassles with it,ill try and install a normal xp, and see what the craic is then,

intrepid_soul
23rd Oct 2006, 17:46
i have removed it, and still nothing, but it might be my windows xp 64, as im having a few hassles with it,ill try and install a normal xp, and see what the craic is then,

Window xp 64 is not supported with any of our games currently. Let us know how it turns out on xp though.

b1gg5y
24th Oct 2006, 00:09
got it sorted on normal xp, but there are alot of glitches still to be fixed,the main one that gets on my nurves is the fact that theres no sound from any of the vehicles i drive,but i can here all the others when they drive past.

intrepid_soul
24th Oct 2006, 10:25
got it sorted on normal xp, but there are alot of glitches still to be fixed,the main one that gets on my nurves is the fact that theres no sound from any of the vehicles i drive,but i can here all the others when they drive past.

Click on start->then click on run->Type in DXDIAG->click OK

If a yes/no prompt appears, select yes.

Otherwise click on the display tab, and note the name of the video card on the left (name under the heading device). Then note the date on the right hand side under driver. Click on the sound tab, and do the same. Report back here the name and driver date for both. We should be able to clear up these last glitches.

b1gg5y
24th Oct 2006, 21:48
DISPLAY ( nvidia ge-force 6600 )

DATE 11/08/2006

SOUND ( c-media wave device )

DATE 23/08/2004

intrepid_soul
24th Oct 2006, 22:14
SOUND ( c-media wave device )

DATE 23/08/2004

That's probably your issue right there, check with your computer manufacturer and make sure you have the latest driver for your sound card. A driver from 2 years ago is probably outdated, and would cause the issue you having.

b1gg5y
24th Oct 2006, 22:18
there should be one on the net !, i built the pc my self so ill have to find everything i need on the net

Oinkypig
25th Oct 2006, 20:29
i have figured the problem out! go to add or remove programs in control panel and delete OpenAL! this worked perfectly for me

dragibutch
31st Oct 2006, 21:24
okay, ive gone to control panel and see the update kb917422 and cant remove it unlike everyone else, i am the adminstator, but it states underneath this update cannot be removed, can sombody help me with the location or program to use to delete the file from my registery...Cheers

DButch:scratch:

moosa12
31st Oct 2006, 23:02
okay, ive gone to control panel and see the update kb917422 and cant remove it unlike everyone else, i am the adminstator, but it states underneath this update cannot be removed, can sombody help me with the location or program to use to delete the file from my registery...Cheers

Try clicking on the change button and see if that works.
If not try system restore.

intrepid_soul
1st Nov 2006, 16:44

It might be possible that this is a newer hotfix from Microsoft. They would be the people who would know more about this. You should try to contact their support and see.

spec
8th Jan 2007, 18:37
i have tried everything...from applying the hotfix,uninstalling it, re-installing xp with no auto update/uninstalling open al...so far nothing worked...i guess its upto programmers @ eidos now...plz guys hurry up