PDA

View Full Version : co-opeartion between CD AND CD

without_limits_mystery
26th Aug 2006, 22:26
after playing legend..i discovered that crystal dynamics failed to make the best tombraider game..amazing graphices...movements..and all this stuff..but as i said before..it was very short..very easy..no puzzles...no items to collect...no complex levels...no weapons..no..no..no..a lot of things that we liked a lot in the ex tombraider games.....they turned it to another copy of their games like"legacy of kain".. i enjoyed that one a looooooot..but the way is not sutiable for tombraider game...but at the same time..i can not deny that the game was good....i think to make the best tombraider game..there must be a co-operation between crystal dynamics and core design....who here can not remmebr the amazing tombraider games 3 and 4...loong games.. a lot fo puzzles..and intersting stories...imagine if a level desiging like this. is mixed with a graphics and programming like legend...just think about it

Treeble
27th Aug 2006, 00:21
TR3 wasn't amazing, not for me. But anyway, what would be the point of putting Core back in when most employees who worked on the first few games no longer work there? ;)

without_limits_mystery
27th Aug 2006, 02:47
well...for me ..and i am sure for most of Tombraider players...tr3 was one of the best tombraider games..and about what happened in core design...well..i know nothing about that..but ..what i mean..that we need a mixture between puzzles and complex level as in old tombraider games..and the amazing graphics and movments as in LEGEND

PARaider
27th Aug 2006, 02:48
:scratch: Am I the only one who did not finish TR4. The fourth game was the only TR that I never finished (yes I even finished AOD). I got bored with the levels as they were all similiar in location. I was also annoyed by returning to the various locations multiple times to move on to the next level. It felt like a task to play through the game in my opinion.

Legend may not be as good as, say the first TR, but will any of the future TR games compare. To me, TR lost steam after the second game (I barely finished the third game as well). I feel that CD revived the Tomb Raider series and delivered a promising(sp?) future for Lara and the series. Legend was also the first TR game that I truly enjoyed since the original.

D16Y8
27th Aug 2006, 04:15
Items? There are items in here to find. Graphics are amazing and the story is great. Its got alot to do I think. Ive played every Tomb raider except Angel of Darkness. The difficulty isn't that hard but IMO they all are just right. I like this one the best out of all of them. My one to follow would be Tomb Raider 2.

without_limits_mystery
27th Aug 2006, 05:25
i do not mean by items..the secrets...or the pieces of sword..i mean by them...the keys..and all this stuff..u know..the classic way..u get a key from a place..to opne a door in a different place...and from the 2nd room..u got another key or thing to open a 3rd place..and so on...that is what i mean..in legend..nothing like this..just direct action..with one way levels...

LaraGirl216
27th Aug 2006, 07:44
:scratch: Am I the only one who did not finish TR4. The fourth game was the only TR that I never finished (yes I even finished AOD). I got bored with the levels as they were all similiar in location. I was also annoyed by returning to the various locations multiple times to move on to the next level. It felt like a task to play through the game in my opinion.

Legend may not be as good as, say the first TR, but will any of the future TR games compare. To me, TR lost steam after the second game (I barely finished the third game as well). I feel that CD revived the Tomb Raider series and delivered a promising(sp?) future for Lara and the series. Legend was also the first TR game that I truly enjoyed since the original.

I couldn't finish it because of a glitch, I picked up a key in that abonded fairground place and it then said I hadn't got!

D16Y8
27th Aug 2006, 16:34
i do not mean by items..the secrets...or the pieces of sword..i mean by them...the keys..and all this stuff..u know..the classic way..u get a key from a place..to opne a door in a different place...and from the 2nd room..u got another key or thing to open a 3rd place..and so on...that is what i mean..in legend..nothing like this..just direct action..with one way levels...

ok, yea they drop the ball on all this. :lol:

kksmith
28th Aug 2006, 15:15
well...for me ..and i am sure for most of Tombraider players...tr3 was one of the best tombraider games..and about what happened in core design...well..i know nothing about that..but ..what i mean..that we need a mixture between puzzles and complex level as in old tombraider games..and the amazing graphics and movments as in LEGEND

I thought TR3 was one of the worst. That's the point I gave up on the series until Legend came along.

Mangar The Dark
28th Aug 2006, 18:53
I thought TR3 was one of the worst. That's the point I gave up on the series until Legend came along.

I'd say, overall, I enjoyed TR3 more than TR2, mainly because they didn't put so much emphasis on fighting, but it was still very clear that the franchise was in need of a change by then. As I played TR3, I kept feeling like, "I've played this before, haven't I?" It really added nothing new to the series, and just felt like an obligatory sequel.

Regarding the CD & CD cooperation idea-- I kind of know what without_limits means. Legend had a great engine, but the level design could sometimes use a little work. So by combining some elements of Core's style of level design, with the engine of Legend, we'd get a pretty awesome experience. But, even though it's popular to praise the old TR games all the time, we have to remember those games weren't perfect either. Just as Legend is sometimes too linear, the earlier TRs sometimes required too much tedious backtracking. Sure, in retrospect we all think it was great fun all the time, but if I think about it realistically, I remember getting a bit bored with certain levels. At least in Legend, we feel like we're always making progress and seeing something new. It's just a shame it had so few levels.

Overall, I think TR1 struck the best balance. The levels had just enough backtracking to make them a challenge, but they didn't get tedious. The Lost Valley is a perfect example. Finding those cogs required some good exploration, but the level was manageable, unlike those monstrous levels in TR3.

without_limits_mystery
28th Aug 2006, 21:23
[QUOTE=Mangar The Dark]I'd say, overall, I enjoyed TR3 more than TR2, mainly because they didn't put so much emphasis on fighting, but it was still very clear that the franchise was in need of a change by then. As I played TR3, I kept feeling like, "I've played this before, haven't I?" It really added nothing new to the series, and just felt like an obligatory sequel.

well..i think tr3 conains something new over 1 and 2..may be the desgin is one..and the movements....but it contains much more....for example.the type of enemies.....beside it was harder then 1 and 2..and longer..and the levels in it were very very complex..and more vehicles...no guys..tr3 added something new to this series.....beside...enough that i enjoyed playing it very very much..and enough that it was long....about legend..GUYS..i do not hate legend...but..guys..it was very very very very short..and very easy...i can not enjoy a game like this...god...very few levels..and even those few levels were very very short inside......well.....i agree with"Mangar the Dark"..legebd added many new things to this series..and i enjoyed things in it...but i am sure i would enjoy a long, complex and hard tombraider game like tr3 or tr4. better than an easy short ...simple game that adds many new things..

kksmith
29th Aug 2006, 19:45
Overall, I think TR1 struck the best balance. The levels had just enough backtracking to make them a challenge, but they didn't get tedious. The Lost Valley is a perfect example. Finding those cogs required some good exploration, but the level was manageable, unlike those monstrous levels in TR3.

I totally agree with that. TR1 did it right.