PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to add my input about Nosgoth.

Hyrosauce
1st Oct 2013, 05:20
Let's be honest, the original, action-adventure LoK series is dead. However, I would like to point out that while Nosgoth is a disappointment to us fans, it isn't the reason LoK is gone, but rather it is the game that made its death official(at least for me). I know now that the LoK I used to know and love isn't ever returning. But just because the old one is dead, doesn't mean we can't enjoy a new world of LoK.

I'm not sure how many of you have played the Spyro series, but many Spyro fans were disappointed when Spyro switched gears to the new Legend of Spyro games. They looked at the games as disgraceful rather than what they were - a completely new concept. The old Spyro games aside, Legend of Spyro isn't that bad of a series.

The same thing is happening with LoK.

Now I'm not sure how many of you realize why LoK was discontinued in the first place. Amy Hennig, the director and producer of the LoK games, quit Eidos. It's kind of hard to continue a series when the one who originally had the story in her head left. Amy Hennig moved on to Naughty Dog where perhaps she could have continued, but clearly she didn't. Perhaps something happened back at Eidos to make her do this, but at least she came out with the Uncharted series, which isn't half bad.

Now, Square Enix has no correlation with Naughty Dog and Amy is no longer a part of Eidos, so if the fans expected a continuation of the story, then they expected wrong. I certainly didn't expect it to be much like the old ones at all. So then, why was I disappointed? Because I still expected some relevance. Yet after watching the promo, I noticed there is hardly anything that even resembles the original Nosgoth setting. Perhaps it's just me, but all I saw that looked like it was the pillars. This new game doesn't even feel like LoK.

Oh well. Things change, so I'm still gonna give this game a shot.

Lastly, here's a fun easter egg for my fellow fans:
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr342/shadowgirl765/c9176792-1c1f-474e-a787-dcca9cceda46_zps79251df7.jpg http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr342/shadowgirl765/4fb58ff5-eedf-42f7-9565-ccba32f97c9f_zps06b56eed.jpg
Just a resemblance I noticed.

MattTetska
1st Oct 2013, 18:42
Let's be honest, the original, action-adventure LoK series is dead. However, I would like to point out that while Nosgoth is a disappointment to us fans, it isn't the reason LoK is gone, but rather it is the game that made its death official(at least for me). I know now that the LoK I used to know and love isn't ever returning. But just because the old one is dead, doesn't mean we can't enjoy a new world of LoK.

I'm not sure how many of you have played the Spyro series, but many Spyro fans were disappointed when Spyro switched gears to the new Legend of Spyro games. They looked at the games as disgraceful rather than what they were - a completely new concept. The old Spyro games aside, Legend of Spyro isn't that bad of a series.

The same thing is happening with LoK.

Now I'm not sure how many of you realize why LoK was discontinued in the first place. Amy Hennig, the director and producer of the LoK games, quit Eidos. It's kind of hard to continue a series when the one who originally had the story in her head left. Amy Hennig moved on to Naughty Dog where perhaps she could have continued, but clearly she didn't. Perhaps something happened back at Eidos to make her do this, but at least she came out with the Uncharted series, which isn't half bad.

Now Square Enix has no correlation with Eidos or Naughty Dog, so if the fans expected a continuation of the story, then they expected wrong. I certainly didn't expect it to be much like the old ones at all. So then, why was I disappointed? Because I still expected some relevance. Yet after watching the promo, I noticed there is hardly anything that even resembles the original Nosgoth setting. Perhaps it's just me, but all I saw that looked like it was the pillars. This new game doesn't even feel like LoK.

Oh well. Things change, so I'm still gonna give this game a shot.

Lastly, here's a fun easter egg for my fellow fans:
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr342/shadowgirl765/c9176792-1c1f-474e-a787-dcca9cceda46_zps79251df7.jpg http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr342/shadowgirl765/4fb58ff5-eedf-42f7-9565-ccba32f97c9f_zps06b56eed.jpg
Just a resemblance I noticed.

Okay, sir, or madam... Smadam?... any ways
There is definitely something that is a bit wrong in what you are saying, though I'm not trying to argue here. You say that Square Enix has no correlation to Eidos, when in actuality Eidos became a part of Square Enix. But unlike Atlus and Index, most of Eidos's titles began being published under the Square Enix brand.

Hyrosauce
2nd Oct 2013, 02:53
Okay, sir, or madam... Smadam?... any ways
There is definitely something that is a bit wrong in what you are saying, though I'm not trying to argue here. You say that Square Enix has no correlation to Eidos, when in actuality Eidos became a part of Square Enix. But unlike Atlus and Index, most of Eidos's titles began being published under the Square Enix brand.

Female. And is that so? Thanks for the update. It still doesn't change the point I made, so I'll just edit that portion to make it sound more correct.
Thanks again.

The_Hylden
2nd Oct 2013, 13:03
I really don't think any resemblance it being inferred to Moebius with these humans. Just because he has a hood on, the other Guardians had hoods, or similar outfits, but these guys are just bow and arrow snipers. His armor extends over his shoulders, but again, very thin trying to compare that to the old Timestreamer. They actually hail from Dark Eden, so if anything, they'd have more in common with Anacrothe, DeJule, and Bane than Moebius.