PDA

View Full Version : TRL too easy

Lord Of Games
25th Aug 2006, 20:59
Who thinks Tomb Raider Legend was too easy compared to older tomb raider games like TR2 or angel of darkness etc :confused:

RuumTaedor
25th Aug 2006, 21:20
There has been lots of discussion of Legend (I guess thats why this is the Legend forum). You could check the sticky "How would you rate Legend" and other threads. The general concensus is that Legend was too easy and everyone is hopeful for more difficult puzzles in the next installment of Tomb Raider. There is lots of speculation as to whether Legend was too easy because it was designed to be easy, or there wasn't enough time for CD since this was their first shot at making a Tomb Raider game. Who knows. Legend was short and sweet. I'll still replay Legend as I still replay the previous TRs. TR1 will always be special, it was groundbreaking. We'll just have to wait for the next one.

Lord Of Games
25th Aug 2006, 21:36
I don't think it was 'too' difficult but you must admit there was a few harder sections for each level. Like the part in Ghana, the big room that you have to unlock the water way so the doors will open. Thats not particully hard but it takes half the level up. So the games not exactlly easy but not hard either. The rewards and clothes are more difficult to get though. I've had the game since April and I'm still going. LOL :mad2:

P.S. No cheats being used (better game play that way):cool:

Lord Of Games
25th Aug 2006, 21:47
The game might be a bit easier but the bosses are a brilliant part of the game. A part from a few things like there easy to brake. Let me explain in England on the serpant boss before you go into the room with graves in the big chimes are all available to use. Anyway i was stuck (don't know how but) and i didn't know what to do so i stared to shoot the chimes and raise the cages etc and one of the cages got jammed in place so when i finally did get past the climbing part i could'nt beat it so i had to do the level again. LOL:(

digifan
27th Aug 2006, 19:04
Easy? You call that easy? Not in this ship, sweetheart. - Han Solo, Star Wars: A New Hope.

Legend is neither hard nor easy to play. However it was simple to figure out. CIP - During the dragon battle in the England level there is a specific pattern to the creature's attacks. Once you figure it out you can beat it in record time. Same thing with the final Bolivia battle with Amanda's pet monster (A girl and her monster? :lol: ). :D Once you figure out the pattern it's easy to defeat the bosses.

Atoa
27th Aug 2006, 20:29
Whenever you have to come here or any other site to look for cheats and help, then you know the game is not easy.

:mad2:

Headache
28th Aug 2006, 21:37
I was easier than previous Tomb Raiders for sure, but it was kinda a nice break. I still loved it anyway! No complaints from me. But it's Tomb Raider, who cares?

The_Elite_One_13
28th Aug 2006, 23:22
I don't know if I would say that it was easy but it was damn sure quick. Although the time trials are enjoyable (when you beat them of course) we all know that there was no way in older tomb raider games that you would be able to beat a heavily trapped or puzzled out level in 21 minutes or even 13 no matter how well you knew the level and how many times you played it. The thing with Legend is even though you may miss those time trials buy mere seconds or even a minute or two they are still beatable within at least a half an hour or less obviously for others. The time trials is what really shows what a quick game legend is, it's like ok your supposed to be able to succesfully complete the whole Japan level in 13 minutes and Kasakstan in 27 minutes. It is short, not like ok your supposed to beat japan in at least 30 minutes and kasakstan in an 1 hour and 20 that's when you'll know there is some real depth to the game and more puzzles. It was like each level had one big main puzzle and well yea that was it that was the level.

Lord Of Games
29th Aug 2006, 08:45
Well different people have different game play abilities and have better or worse experience on games won't you agree. So if i found it easy you might find it hard. k? :cool:

ladylinnycroft
29th Aug 2006, 18:38
i am a rubbish gamer...my capabilities are waaaaaaaay down the list, so for me personally Legend was very challenging.....

Mangar The Dark
29th Aug 2006, 18:52
It was certainly easier than the other TRs, but I don't think the terms "Easy" and "Bad" necessarily go together. I often like games that are a bit easier. I get pissed off very quickly with overly difficult games. After a long day in the office, I play games to relax, so the last thing I want is something that's too challenging. Therefore, I have no problem with Legend being easier, I just wish there were a few more levels. Another 4 levels, comparable in size to the ones we already get in Legend, and I couldn't complain at all.

-Dizzy-
29th Aug 2006, 22:53
It was about as challenging as Yoshi's Story. :(

Lord Of Games
30th Aug 2006, 09:01
Hold on there it was'nt that easy, what your saying is impossible.;)

shaq
31st Aug 2006, 12:13
Try to complete 100% and Time Trials ;)))))))))