PDA

View Full Version : CTD when starting demo

revdogma
24th Aug 2006, 19:18
this is only a demo so im betting there wont be any kid of resolution ...but i poasted this just incase any way. Here is what im running.

windows MCE 2005
AMD 64 FX 55
ATI X1900XTX
Creative audigy platnium
all the most recent divers for all

when the screen for loading the game comes up the game just CTDs with the standerd "JustCause.exe has encounterd a problem and needed to shut down.." message.

no idea what the solution to that would be.:mad2:

chippxero
24th Aug 2006, 22:34
I get the exact same thing.

I've tried the demo from the official site and form fileplanet just encase it was a corrupt file and both do the same thing after installing without error.

Windows xp Home (sp2)
AMD 64bit 4000+
Geforce 6800GT

I have all the latest drivers for my devices, there is a thread over at gamespot with more people having the same problem.

jaywalker2309
25th Aug 2006, 09:17
Try lowering sound acceleration within the dxdiag tool.

If that helps report back

chippxero
25th Aug 2006, 13:05
Unfortunately it didn't make any difference.

Skyline_man
25th Aug 2006, 13:05
I have the exact same problem and i am so disappointed, this cant happen, i have been waiting for this game for a long time and now i cant play it:(

My System:

Windows XP SP2 Build 2600
Intel Dual Core Pentium 3.0
512 DDR2 RAM
XFX 7600GT xXx

I have the latest drivers installed and the latest directx,(august version).

someone help me please.

btw jaycw2309, that didnt work.

jaywalker2309
25th Aug 2006, 13:06
Did you turn acceleration fully `off` (just checking)

chippxero
25th Aug 2006, 13:11
yeah i tried it with off and then all the options in between.

Skyline_man
25th Aug 2006, 13:15
I dont know what could be done, maybe Eidos should release a fixing patch or something.

all other games work very well for me, i was shocked when that one didnt even launch.

jaywalker2309
25th Aug 2006, 14:06
I dont know what could be done, maybe Eidos should release a fixing patch or something.

all other games work very well for me, i was shocked when that one didnt even launch.

what sound cards have u got?

i saw someone with an audigy?

p2im0
25th Aug 2006, 15:35
Unfortunately, I can also note that I experiencing an identical issue on two seperate Windows Boxes.

My Desktop crashes to desktop when I try to execute the game, I have not tried to lower sound accelleration in DxDiag.
Specs:
Athlon 64 3500+ Venice
MSI K8T Neo-Platinum 4
ATi X1800xt 512mb
2GB Corsair XMS
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer 2 ZS
250Gb WD SATA 3Gb

Also, the game CTD's on my Lenovo Thinkpad T43p. I HAVE tried the DxDiag audio accelleration adjustment on the laptop and this has not fixed the problem. A diagnostic on this issue would be great, as there is no useful information in the dump from the program crash.
Specs:
Intel Centrino M 1.86 1mb L2
1GB memory
60gb Hdd
ATi FireGL 3200v
SoundMax integrated audio

Any help greatly appreciated, as I would love to give this a try.

Skyline_man
25th Aug 2006, 17:13
what sound cards have u got?

i saw someone with an audigy?
Its built in sound in a Gigabyte 945P mobo, its Realtek i think.

DreamEndless
25th Aug 2006, 21:03
Ok, obvious checks (You never know!)

Disable any and all antivirus
Allow the EXE to get through your firewall (dunno if it tries, but hey!)
Remove any peripherals such as joysticks, pads, wheels, printers, cameras... etc...
Lower sound acceleration to off
Turn off any overclocking (CPU/GPU) unless you are CERTAIN of its stability
I know most of you list that you've done this, but check GFX drivers 9NVidia - 91.33, ATI - 6.8
Remove any Codec packs (Can cause screw-ups with built in vids. Yes, it's dumb...)

Errr...:scratch: ... That's all for now. Let us know!:D

Xcom
25th Aug 2006, 21:12
And get latest build DirectX.

Skyline_man
26th Aug 2006, 00:33
Tried everything, still doesnt work.

buzznjackal
26th Aug 2006, 20:40
I'm also getting crash to desktop. The game loads for about a second, I see the initial screen then it goes right back to desktop. No error messages. The crash is repeatable. I've tried reinstalling video drivers, reinstalling directx 9.0c, uninstalling and reinstalling the demo, defrag harddrive, scandisk, virtual memory is enabled, rebooting, latest drivers are installed. Also tried setting the video details at the complete lower value and at their highest value. Firewall and VirusScan are disabled. I've run it on a windows clean boot and I get same results every time. I think a patch will be needed unless someone finds a software or driver conflict.

Windows XP Pro 32bit Ver
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Abit AN832x nForce4 SLi x16 Mobo
GeForce 7900GT SLi
2 x 1GB DDR 400 pc3200 RAM
Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
DirectX 9.0c
nVidia 91.31 drivers
Twin 250GB WD Sata 3.0 7200RPM 16mb cache HD
600W Power supply

Just Cause
26th Aug 2006, 22:44
That happens to me...however, it works if you go to my documents and then open the game fromwithin the folder..don't create a desktop shortcut.

buzznjackal
26th Aug 2006, 22:52
That happens to me...however, it works if you go to my documents and then open the game fromwithin the folder..don't create a desktop shortcut.

My documents? Do you mean directly from the program file JustCauseDemo.exe from the path C:\Program Files\Eidos\Just Cause Demo?

If so that doesn't work either.

Just Cause
27th Aug 2006, 00:16
My documents? Do you mean directly from the program file JustCauseDemo.exe from the path C:\Program Files\Eidos\Just Cause Demo?

If so that doesn't work either.

well, it worked for me...

Skyline_man
27th Aug 2006, 00:29
Answer to your problem ;)

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=62309

buzznjackal
27th Aug 2006, 03:51
Answer to your problem ;)

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=62309

Doesn't work.

scarslilpyro
27th Aug 2006, 20:44
Well it crashes to the desktop for me

XP pro
P4 3.2 w/HT
2x512 RAM pc 3200 ddr sdram 400
gigabyte GA-8IK100 v2 mobo
seagate baracuda 80gig SATA 7200 RPM
800 watt power supplies
9600PRO 265mb agp 128bit, 256 on card, 4 pipes.

I'm guessing the game has some crappy coding...

Resolver1
27th Aug 2006, 21:06
Well it crashes to the desktop for me

XP pro
P4 3.2 w/HT
2x512 RAM pc 3200 ddr sdram 400
gigabyte GA-8IK100 v2 mobo
seagate baracuda 80gig SATA 7200 RPM
800 watt power supplies
9600PRO 265mb agp 128bit, 256 on card, 4 pipes.

I'm guessing the game has some crappy coding...
Wait till you start the game....

I have
Windows XP Sp2
P4 3.0 Ghz
GeForce 6800 GT AGP
1 gig 3500 OCZ
MSI 865PE
Maxtor 160 gig SATA

Works for me. I think it has to do with windows security files , and video card drivers.

chippxero
27th Aug 2006, 21:36
Works for me. I think it has to do with windows security files, and video card drivers.

Seems unlikely, to be windows security files as there would be a lot more people reporting it, and as for video drivers people with ATI and Nvidia have been reporting it and have tried 4 other drivers that people i know are running the game with, all without it working.

It's a shame because i don't feel i can pre-order this because there is no guarantee it will work.

theboybest
30th Aug 2006, 09:10
I too have the same problem with Just Cause.:scratch:

Was really looking forward to playing this game - but as soon as I double click on the exe file it jsut crashes to desktop.

My PC:

AMD 64 3700 @ 2.8GHz:whistle:
2Gb Geil PC3200
ASUS ABN-VM
X1900XTX :D
Onboard HD Audio...

WHY OH WHY WON'T IT FLAMING WORK!!!!:mad2: :mad2:

buzznjackal
30th Aug 2006, 12:18
I was able to install it on my other pc which is a P4 2.8 GHZ 2 x 512 MB RAM Radeon 9700 Pro and runs ok with low to medium settings. I really wanted to view it on my other pc to see if this game would be worth buying. But so far I don't think I will.
From what I see it looks like it suffers from "consolitis" the controls are not very good and the the game interactions with NPCs and the like are very cookie cutter. You just shoot waves for bad guys and they all fall back and die the same exact way. Seems like the biggest feature is parachuting in and that is only interesting the first time around then quickly gets boring. Driving cars and vehicles isn't as much fun as GTA.
And darn it if I can't get it to run on my main PC I'm not even gonna think of buying this game. pfffftttt....

JokerFMJ
30th Aug 2006, 19:23
I'm having the same problem. The loading screen pops up and the load board fills just slightly before an error box comes up and gives me the option to "Debug" or "Close."

My system is:
A8N-SLI Deluxe
AMD Opteron 165
SB X-Fi Xtreme
2xWD Caviar 16SE's 250GBHD's in RAID0
1xSeagate 7200.10 320GBHD
ASUS EN7800GT 256MB Video Card with the latest drivers
XP Pro SP2.

I've tried all suggested methods of correction, including removing that Windows update and nothing seems to work, it still crashes in the same exact spot.

I've tried installing it on both my RAID0 drives and my Single HD.

I got it to work on my other computer, a Dell Dimension 8300 with:
Pentium 4 3.0Ghz Extreme Edition
ATi 9800Pro 128MB
1x120GB HD
1x160GB HD
SB Live 5.1 Sound Card
XP Pro SP2.

Any have any more ideas?

Thanks.

Resolver1
31st Aug 2006, 18:42
Interesting pattern, socket 939 mobos and AMD processors, did you guys try to update your Bios?

JokerFMJ
31st Aug 2006, 19:48
There are a few people with Intel processors, one of them in this very thread is having the problem.

buzznjackal
1st Sep 2006, 17:35
How long has this demo been out and still not a peep onto a possible solution to this problem. I check these forums atleast once a day to see any progress but except for the initial demo release these forums seem to have died out. I've googled this problem and found several threads on other forums but no solution has been posted, much less one that works.

marcbrookes
2nd Sep 2006, 14:55
Hi all,

I had the same CTD with JIT debugger msg's, I know you all aint gunna want to know this, but i solved the problem by formatting. reinstalling windows and going thru the M$ updates. Having done all that it worked? Dunno what the specific issue was tho?

buzznjackal
3rd Sep 2006, 01:38
Hi all,

I had the same CTD with JIT debugger msg's, I know you all aint gunna want to know this, but i solved the problem by formatting. reinstalling windows and going thru the M$ updates. Having done all that it worked? Dunno what the specific issue was tho?

Thanks for the posting this solution. It is so strange that this solution has worked for atleast 2 or 3 people now. Unfortunately I will not follow suite. I have enough software, updates, games, etc... on my PC that it would take a full day or more to put it all back on if I did what you did.
So I will either wait for a more concrete solution or just not bother with this game at all. I've played it the demo for a short span on my older PC and was not impressed. After one run through I got bored and went back to playing my other games.

chippxero
3rd Sep 2006, 13:05
yeah there is no demo worth all that effort, hopefully someone will work out what it is that is causing the problem, but i guess this is a game i won't be ordering as I'll bet the full release will have the same issue.

buzznjackal
4th Sep 2006, 17:39
yeah there is no demo worth all that effort, hopefully someone will work out what it is that is causing the problem, but i guess this is a game i won't be ordering as I'll bet the full release will have the same issue.

Yeah I was afraid of that too. The full game will most likely have the same issue since its a loading issue and most games change very little if at all from the demo. Hopefully when the full version is released and people actually spend money on the game there will be more of an effort to find a solution to this problem.

raven1985
25th Sep 2006, 19:47
Hey guys,

I had the same problem, it crashed on startup... Heres the trick and also new problem, if you deactivate your onboard sound card i managed to run the game BUT afcourse then i had no sound, looking for latest drivers and will try, just thought you should know

PS, I am using Pentium 4 2,8 1024 intern en Asus N6600 (nvidia chipset) soundcard is a creative extigy (witch did not work after disabeling my onboard card, only god knows why, and he wont tell me)

Whel, you can now watch the game ( it worked on both my pcs) but you cant hear it :scratch:

Let me know if it works

Greats Raven

Threesa
16th Apr 2007, 15:53
I have full version. Could play 2 days, then crashed. Can't run the game no more, not even after reinstall, nor Windows Hotfix, nor Creative Fix, nor deleting file in SFX folder.

System:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
2 GB HyperX DDR
7800GS AGP
Audigy 2ZS

generalxl
17th Aug 2007, 07:31
when i start my just cause all ok but in 5 mins of playing crashes not to desctop but crash i see only screane wher it crashed and i have to restart my pc to get windows work agen wtf !!!!$!@%

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
1536 Megabytes Installed Memory
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: so good game and i cant play it wtf1!!@@#

fungus252007
12th Sep 2007, 22:21
i keep getting this message after a few minutes play

"JustCause.exe has encountered a problem and needed to shut down.." message.:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:
can anybody help
my system is win xp pro

i have a k8vxse mobo with a sempron 3100+
1gb pc 3200 ram
x850pro flashed to a x850xtpe.
plz help

eVottaja
23rd Mar 2008, 17:13
lol yo guys are lucky. i don't even have any errors, played like 3 weeks, then had a little pause. game ran greatly on hight quality. no broblem about low fps. well i try to run game it goes to that loading screen where rico stands, then boots my computer, well i read that if you delete some file called JustCause.cpd it works but no sounds. bwah. well now i can go to main menu, load my old savegames. it loads and when it is done it. boots.. well i deleted all OpenAL stuff, and some PhysX thingy,( i newer did't use it). well hum looking forward to play this 100% :/

My Specs are :
-AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+ MMX, 3dNow, ~~2,4Ghz
-1024MB RAM
-DirectX-version DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
-ATi Radeon X1950 Pro 512Mt Ddr3(whit newest drivers and Catalyst)
-SBAudigy Audio [C000] (whit newest driver)

Please help. i have been trying ewerything iv'e found on this forums, but seems that this game is just piece of fat sh1t.