PDA

View Full Version : need money help, please

doggiedl
23rd Aug 2006, 18:13
HI all. This is the first playthourgh the game. I am in the early 3rd period and french. I have conquor England and Aus is in the gutter i am about to occuply it.
I annex Spain, Swedland, Demark, Otto, NorAfc and the central eur states. But is money hard to come buy?

I am just getting 1300 gold a turn and the buildings are Expences. Is there a way to fix it? How do you set up the healthy ecconomic in the early game?

Should i be conquoring the empaires before the third era.

Thank you.

P.S. is their an on-line guide for the game?

_five_by_five_
23rd Aug 2006, 19:02
Actually the amount of money you get per round gets worse if you occupy a lot of territory because internal trade is less lucrative. On the other hand you always get a huge amount of money each time you take a capitol, so in the long run it kind of equals out.
But the way you describe your situation you still should get between 3000 and 5000 per turn IF you expanded your trade network. Most important: sea trade, heavy investments but by far the biggest possibility of income.
Another thing: if you are at war constantly most of your trade routes are blocked. Warfare should be aim-oriented and stopped when the province or country you had an immediate eye on is yours, paying some thousand for peace if you have reached your goals is economically smart, because the reestablished trade usually pays that money back in less than a year.

doggiedl
25th Aug 2006, 04:11
So i got to build up my trade fleet. Ok. So next time that i start my game i get the trade fleet up.

Do empaires ever sue for peace? I mean i destroy their army. March all over their land and i got to pay for peace? It should be the other way around and they are begging me for peace.

_five_by_five_
25th Aug 2006, 07:45
Do empaires ever sue for peace? I mean i destroy their army. March all over their land and i got to pay for peace? It should be the other way around and they are begging me for peace.

They do, yes, but when they do it is hard to predict, the funny thing is: since your empire is so powerfull and clearly dominated the war, and the price for peace is always significantly higher for the losing faction, the computer calcutes an appropriate amount for this request for peace that is HUGE and the enemy usually can't pay that for a LONG while, in which timeframe you usually lose more money because of blocked trade than you would get back years later from the peace request if you catch my drift.

You can see the more or less symbolic few thousands (sometimes only hundreds) that YOU, the winner, can pay to the loser as allowing your enemy to keep his face after this mess :D

doggiedl
25th Aug 2006, 18:01
Thank you for the reponce. So i finally geting around 2500 per turn.

So in the earily game you have to spend money into sea trade, right? That is were i went wrong. I was trying to get spain on my side and doing the hosptial and railroad quest first.

IS the earily rush nearly impossible for the game? Everytime that i try to i get 5 people attacking me. I learned it the hard way.

How do you get the Emperor quest? I notice that the game auto calculate battles pretty badly. I mean how can 3 generals with dragoons, big cannons, and the imperal guards lose to three captains with lines troops and the milta?

_five_by_five_
26th Aug 2006, 05:57
So in the earily game you have to spend money into sea trade, right? That is were i went wrong. I was trying to get spain on my side and doing the hosptial and railroad quest first.

IS the earily rush nearly impossible for the game? Everytime that i try to i get 5 people attacking me. I learned it the hard way.

How do you get the Emperor quest? I notice that the game auto calculate battles pretty badly. I mean how can 3 generals with dragoons, big cannons, and the imperal guards lose to three captains with lines troops and the milta?

1.) Well, not exactly right from the start, at least only France and England really can do some early investment in that area, since the other empires have none (Austria) or very few (Russia, Prussia) available sea routes at the beginning. But once the buildings are 3000 gold or more (second age) it becomes somewhat difficult to keep the infrastructure modern without the sea trade. I also aim for the medical revolution and the railroad quests in the beginning (except when I'm Prussian, the timing is bad for them, but they are generally most difficult to play).

2.) Early rush is impossible on hard, at least if you mean taking a foreign capitol in the first 12 turns. A few provinces can be snatched though (for example taking Venice early as Austrian is no big deal), BUT also then it's better if you just use the opportunity of others declaring war ON YOU than attack yourself, because the latter method usually activates a spiders nest of allies :D

3.) Emperor's quest? You mean "emperor proclamation"? That's only available for dictatorships (all political systems have one big final quest not available to the others) when they have researched the last tech in the upper branch of era 3.
Auto calculation: usually the computer gives the defender a bonus in that calculation, and it is kind of overstressing the value of experience, that's why some automated battle outcomes might seem weird to you.