PDA

View Full Version : FANPATCH: Get Hitman4 working with old 3D-Cards! :-)

High-End
23rd Aug 2006, 16:21
Hi, if you do not have any chance to get your game working or if it crashes between the loading scenes, this might be the solution for all your problems with Hitman Blood Money.

I have an old Geforce4 Ti4200 for myself and I did not agree with that fact that the game does not work with this well loved 3D-Card. After some experiments with the game files I found a way to start Hitman 4 with non-DirectX9-cards! :rasp: So i wrote a Patcher....

After some more experiments I found a way to play the missions in a row (because it does not work before) and i wrote an additional Launcher for the Patch, so that the enjoyment with an old graphics card is the most that's possible now.

You need to have Patch Version 1.2 installed.
You also need at least a DirectX8 supporting 3D-Card. (Geforce 4 series minimum or ATI somewhat...dunno :whistle: )

Please let me know if this helped you or if you experience any problems!
Thanks,
High-End

Download the Patcher+Launcher here: http://www.hitman4patch.net.ms

bifero86
12th Sep 2006, 11:11
Hi great High-End.

Thanks for having spent time solving this problem.

I have a Ti4200 (like you); I have installed the game and upgraded to 1.2.

Then I have used your patch following your perfect instructions: the game starts, but when I tried to set graphics the game crashes to the desktop.

I have made your next step, it continues to crash (your patch suggests that the game is not upgraded....)

I made the third step, with the patch working on several files. At the end I launch the game;

I launch the first mission, it loads, start with the intro with perfect graphics, then the game begins but the graphics is ugly: there are the structures and the texture on them, but everything seems flat, without lighing and shadows.
This is strange, because the intro is perfect, and it is not a .bik video.
When I try to exit the game, the screen become black and, remaining black, I heard the nvidia logo sound and the initial Ave Maria. Then come up the profile menu.

Same thing with other missions.

HAve you something to suggest?

There is any possibility to launch the entire game or I have to start any single mission?

I'm using Italian version, with 1.2 italian patch, with latest Video and audio drivers.

schali
26th Sep 2006, 09:34
Your funpatch is not function.game crushed when i will get gun, is it on nothing:mad2: :mad2:

High-End
27th Sep 2006, 15:29
I launch the first mission, it loads, start with the intro with perfect graphics, then the game begins but the graphics is ugly: there are the structures and the texture on them, but everything seems flat, without lighing and shadows.

This is normal, because the Game runs in PixelShader 1.0 Mode. The Lazy developers of Hitman4 had no interest to make this game compatible with old 3D-Cards. So they even did not develop the Lightning and Shadows for DirectX8-Mode. Well, it looks ugly but you can play.
The Intro-Scene (the short movie with hitman walking over the boat-wood-way) is of course a .bik file, thats why it looks good. ;)

When I try to exit the game, the screen become black and, remaining black, I heard the nvidia logo sound and the initial Ave Maria. Then come up the profile menu.

There is any possibility to launch the entire game or I have to start any single mission?

I think you use the "Launcher.Exe" provided with my patch. If not, do so.
The "Launcher.exe" is an additional Workaround. There you can select the Mission and two different launching modes...

If you select exit "game within" a mission, that wont work right, because the game is not supposed to load a mission directly.

The only one possibility to launch the entire game is when you select "Best Gameplay" in my Hitman-Launcher. Click in the info-icon for instructions.
Then you can at least play the game with all movie scenes, mission briefing and weapon select and upgrade. You just have to skip all missions before the one you wished by pressing Shift+C.

1. Start the launcher.exe (Hitman 4 Launcher)
2. Select your Mission you want to play in the dropdown box
3. Select Game Mode "Best gameplay"
4. Press launch
5. Click on "Restart"
6. Click on "Yes" in the appearing dialog-box that says "all your ingame-savegames will be lost if you restart"
7. Skip the movies
8. When you're in the training-mission, press SHIFT+C to skip this mission.
9. Skip the newspaper and the movies
10. Press "continue"
11. Click on "yes" in the dialog box ("Do you really want to continue without saving?")
12. When you stand in the Hideout, you have two options:
- To start the first mission (A Vintage year), go to the exit of the hideout
- To start another mission, do the following steps (do not go to the exit door):
13. Press SHIFT+C
14. Press always continue in the statistics
15. When you stand again in the Hideout, you have two options:
- To start the second mission (Curtains Down), go to the exit of the hideout
- To start another mission, do the same things again (Step 13, 14, 15) [You skip one mission each time]

greets and i hope i helped,
highend

High-End
27th Sep 2006, 15:36
Your funpatch is not function.game crushed when i will get gun, is it on nothing

I really dont know what you mean. If it crashes, because you pick up something... then this is another error that has nothing to do with my patch, look in the forum there are a lot of threads about ingame-crashes because of something in a mission (e.g. planting a mine, picking something up, laying something down)

greets,
highend

baken
21st Oct 2006, 18:33
Hi, if you do not have any chance to get your game working or if it crashes between the loading scenes, this might be the solution for all your problems with Hitman Blood Money.

I have an old Geforce4 Ti4200 for myself and I did not agree with that fact that the game does not work with this well loved 3D-Card. After some experiments with the game files I found a way to start Hitman 4 with non-DirectX9-cards! :rasp: So i wrote a Patcher....

After some more experiments I found a way to play the missions in a row (because it does not work before) and i wrote an additional Launcher for the Patch, so that the enjoyment with an old graphics card is the most that's possible now.

You also need at least a DirectX8 supporting 3D-Card. (Geforce 4 series minimum or ATI somewhat...dunno :whistle: )

Thanks,
High-End

cool but does it alsow arr du bist deutsch richtig also funktioniert es auch bei Direct x 9.0? und wenn ja funzt. es auch also kann man es auch bei einer demo testen?? :scratch::confused:

mein system:
AMD athlon prozessor 2,13 GH 256MB RAM
GeForce4
Ti 4200 64MB
direct x 9.0 (wenn ich formatiere hab ich wieder 8.0)

citizenj
23rd Oct 2006, 06:12
I have a problem of crash at the start after that 20 % red progress bar.. can i use this patch with direct x 9 compatible intel cards as well? or is any other patch available for that, let me know

baken
25th Oct 2006, 14:08
This is normal, because the Game runs in PixelShader 1.0 Mode. The Lazy developers of Hitman4 had no interest to make this game compatible with old 3D-Cards. So they even did not develop the Lightning and Shadows for DirectX8-Mode. Well, it looks ugly but you can play.
The Intro-Scene (the short movie with hitman walking over the boat-wood-way) is of course a .bik file, thats why it looks good. ;)

I think you use the "Launcher.Exe" provided with my patch. If not, do so.
The "Launcher.exe" is an additional Workaround. There you can select the Mission and two different launching modes...

If you select exit "game within" a mission, that wont work right, because the game is not supposed to load a mission directly.

The only one possibility to launch the entire game is when you select "Best Gameplay" in my Hitman-Launcher. Click in the info-icon for instructions.
Then you can at least play the game with all movie scenes, mission briefing and weapon select and upgrade. You just have to skip all missions before the one you wished by pressing Shift+C.

1. Start the launcher.exe (Hitman 4 Launcher)
2. Select your Mission you want to play in the dropdown box
3. Select Game Mode "Best gameplay"
4. Press launch
5. Click on "Restart"
6. Click on "Yes" in the appearing dialog-box that says "all your ingame-savegames will be lost if you restart"
7. Skip the movies
8. When you're in the training-mission, press SHIFT+C to skip this mission.
9. Skip the newspaper and the movies
10. Press "continue"
11. Click on "yes" in the dialog box ("Do you really want to continue without saving?")
12. When you stand in the Hideout, you have two options:
- To start the first mission (A Vintage year), go to the exit of the hideout
- To start another mission, do the following steps (do not go to the exit door):
13. Press SHIFT+C
14. Press always continue in the statistics
15. When you stand again in the Hideout, you have two options:
- To start the second mission (Curtains Down), go to the exit of the hideout
- To start another mission, do the same things again (Step 13, 14, 15) [You skip one mission each time]

greets and i hope i helped,
highend

look when im in the hideout and always press shift+C the nest mission bginns all ok but when im in the hideout in the mision "a new life" than i press again shift+C but than the game crashes and im in the desktop again >=(
what is the problem??? PLEAS ANSWER ME THAT GREAT HIGH-END :(

him_horia
19th Nov 2006, 20:04
pls can u send me the patch on mail?becasue the link don`t exist anymore...pls.my email is him_horia@yahoo.com

ChiliPeppers76
25th Nov 2006, 06:26
Yeah same here, that link isn't working for me. Can u send me the patch
ChiliPeppers76@yahoo.com
thanks

ornlu
28th Dec 2006, 16:38
High-End could you please mail me the patch and the launcher you made?
My e-mailadress is jan.vandenbulcke@hotmail.com
Thanx

parthjo
29th Dec 2006, 12:30
What would you do in a situation like mine?
- I have Windows XP Professional Edition.
- I have Direct X 9.
- I do not know which graphics card I have (Tell me how to find that out).
- I installed that Nvidia (The eye logo thingie) as well.
- I click on the Blood Money icon, the intro video is shown, then the game crashes back to the desktop. No error message nothing.
- Please tell me what to do and don't ask me to jump out of the window, please.
- And did I tell you that the latest game that works on my system is May Payne 2 with great graphics. Hitman Contracts works as well! Rainbow 6: Lockdown refused to work, splinter cell refused to work. What can be the problem?

texasxcrazy
24th May 2007, 00:30
hey man, your link isn't working anymore could you e-mail me that patch please texasxcrazy@yahoo.com thanks dude

pdavid
15th Jul 2007, 16:14
I would greatly appreciate if someone could host this patch again or provide a link to another download location.

Regards,

David

a2e1k
19th Jul 2007, 22:44
The link is dead. I payed a lot for this game and am so frustrated that I can't play it.
Can someone send me a working link or email me the patch?

Thanks

ahmadrocks
22nd Jul 2007, 17:47
The link is dead. I payed a lot for this game and am so frustrated that I can't play it.
Can someone send me a working link or email me the patch?

Thanks

yea the same case is with me... buddy can u email me ur patch... i ve sent u my email add in a pvt msg

ChaosZhou
23rd Jul 2007, 00:58
can you email it to me pliz:( Chaoslegend95@hotmail.com

thanx!!!

ahmadrocks
27th Jul 2007, 18:02
Hi great High-End.

Thanks for having spent time solving this problem.

I have a Ti4200 (like you); I have installed the game and upgraded to 1.2.

Then I have used your patch following your perfect instructions: the game starts, but when I tried to set graphics the game crashes to the desktop.

I have made your next step, it continues to crash (your patch suggests that the game is not upgraded....)

I made the third step, with the patch working on several files. At the end I launch the game;

This is strange, because the intro is perfect, and it is not a .bik video.

I'm using Italian version, with 1.2 italian patch, with latest Video and audio drivers.

can some body upload that patch somewhere else as the link is not working... or email me.. (ahmad_rocks@hotmail.com)

pdavid
28th Oct 2007, 22:27
Does anybody have this patch at this point in time? If so, could you please PM me and I will give you an email address to send it to, or could you provide a link to where it is currently hosted (if indeed it is hosted at all at the moment). Thank you.

David

yhilgers
27th Dec 2007, 16:26
hey, could somebody please send me the patch, because the link is down. Or is there another way to download the patch?
Thank you very much
yhilgers

P.S: My email is bigboss90@gmx.de.

hussam_88
4th Jan 2008, 17:06
hey, could somebody please send me the patch, because the link is down. Or is there another way to download the patch?
Thank you very much

P.S: My email is hussam_ms@hotmail.com

BboySlam
13th May 2008, 18:45
Can you PLEASE send me the patch-launcher??? I really NEED it!!!:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

P.S. My e-mail is b.boy.slam@gmail.com

shahbaz
17th Aug 2008, 19:05
Could you also send it to me please. I really need it to get it to work.
anonyme786@hotmail.com Thanks.

Solomon47
20th Jul 2009, 17:12

Thanks,
High-End

Hey thanks for the patch but the download link doesn't work were can I find the patch?

Alikz182
13th Apr 2010, 12:02
Hi, I would also like the hitman BM Fanpatch that you made. could please re-upload or send it to me via email?

alex_go_crazy@yahoo.com

is my email. Please reply to this, I really appreciate it. :)

Sudi69
4th Mar 2012, 12:33
Hey plz mail me the patch too..........My email is:- ota.sudipta4u@gmail.com
:)