PDA

View Full Version : am giving up

annieystrad
22nd Aug 2006, 15:47
:confused: I have tried and tried to get over these crumbling platforms in Nepal. :mad2: Cannot do it. Nearly did it. Been here for 4 days now and I am giving up. I gave up once before with Boaz and didn't finish Chronicles.

I think that sometimes, the game is a bit too perfectionist with the where you jump to land in the right place**** to get to the end. With Boaz, well :nut: .

Just a note, cause I think others are where I am. xx

Mangar The Dark
22nd Aug 2006, 16:02
Yeah, that part of Nepal was pretty tough. It took me about 6 or 7 attempts, I think, but eventually I got across it. You're right near the end, though, so stick with it.

annieystrad
22nd Aug 2006, 16:52
:eek: :eek:
Still trying, but it seems impossible.

They have made it so precise that you have to land on the exact spot to make the other spots work. :scratch: I am still trying, but I don't think I can do it. Over and over again is driving me crazy.:nut:

I will stick at it until I keel over and have to go to bed.

Thanks for the answer, but no help tips eh? It is just a question of getting it right.:lmao:

Yuk

Yeah, that part of Nepal was pretty tough. It took me about 6 or 7 attempts, I think, but eventually I got across it. You're right near the end, though, so stick with it.

Mangar The Dark
22nd Aug 2006, 17:11
Thanks for the answer, but no help tips eh? It is just a question of getting it right.

That's about it, I think. There wasn't any special trick I used. I died a few times, and just learned from my mistakes. What system are you playing it on? I played on the Xbox, and it really wasn't SO hard (like I said, it took me about 6 or 7 tries.)

annieystrad
22nd Aug 2006, 17:20
I am on a pc. The controls are so tight. I nearly get there, but there is no room to manouver. I am off to have a bath and methinks that I will here all night, going over and over till I get it.

:lol:

That's about it, I think. There wasn't any special trick I used. I died a few times, and just learned from my mistakes. What system are you playing it on? I played on the Xbox, and it really wasn't SO hard (like I said, it took me about 6 or 7 tries.)

annieystrad
22nd Aug 2006, 17:27
Oh and where is Skara Brae, and why are you looking for your mother?

I am on a pc. The controls are so tight. I nearly get there, but there is no room to manouver. I am off to have a bath and methinks that I will here all night, going over and over till I get it.

:lol:

paranoid_angel
22nd Aug 2006, 18:21
You know you have to go to the left, right? Don't think too much, just run and jump.
This section of the game was easy for me, but I don't know why. I've only died on that part like two times :S

I can't give you any tips more than the "don't think, just run" one.
Good luck!:D

Mangar The Dark
22nd Aug 2006, 18:43
Oh and where is Skara Brae

There was a game that came out in the mid 1980s called "The Bard's Tale," and Skara Brae was the name of the town in that game. Mangar The Dark was the evil wizard who held the town captive with a spell of eternal winter. So since I used the name Mangar as my username, I figured I might as well use "Skara Brae" as my location. In real life, though I'm in New York.

and why are you looking for your mother?

You'll understand my quote a bit better when you finish playing Legend.
;)

annieystrad
22nd Aug 2006, 18:52
Thank you for your reply. I have been going left, then quick right and quick right again, I nearly get there, so I think I will - in the end. It is so particular. These game wizards so know how to make us work eh:confused:

Still, I hope I can finish this before tonight. Kansas was in Wizard of Oz. But I live in West Wales U.K.

Onwards and Upwards.:p

There was a game that came out in the mid 1980s called "The Bard's Tale," and Skara Brae was the name of the town in that game. Mangar The Dark was the evil wizard who held the town captive with a spell of eternal winter. So since I used the name Mangar as my username, I figured I might as well use "Skara Brae" as my location. In real life, though I'm in New York.

;)

annieystrad
22nd Aug 2006, 19:14
:) I just finished that bloody horrible crumbly tower thing. Last lap now. Bet I'll get stuck at the end.

Seems that you are really good at these games.:thumbsup:

Off now to see what I can do with the last level. :(

From West Wales to New York - and Ta very much.;)

;)

Mangar The Dark
22nd Aug 2006, 19:41
CONGRATS!!!!!! I'm glad you got past the crumbling Nepal thing.

I'll give you one important tip for the last level-- use "advance toggle mode" for the final fight! I was having a VERY difficult time with it until I switched combat modes. After I switched, it was really easy.

annieystrad
23rd Aug 2006, 00:13
Thanks a bunch. I will look up advanced toggle. Bit of a novice me.

Been celebrating next door with my doggie Jess. Had a bit of an italian do. Lots of wine and cheese thingies.

They have two doggies as well. Douglas and Wesley.

Thank you for the tip.:)

I'll give you one important tip for the last level-- use "advance toggle mode" for the final fight! I was having a VERY difficult time with it until I switched combat modes. After I switched, it was really easy.

annieystrad
23rd Aug 2006, 17:51
:rolleyes: Just to say thanks and I have finished the game.:scratch:

So I know now why you say where is my bang bang mother.

Seems that she is in Avalon.

Reading other peoples' comments, no-one seems convinced that Amanda is dead????

As Lara wants her to know that every breath she takes etc. etc. - sounds to me that she is still alive.

Anyway - good game I enjoyed it.

Wish I could have beaten Boaz in AOD - I might go back and have another go at him.

Cheers:thumbsup: