PDA

View Full Version : Room brushes and doors

the taffer
22nd Aug 2006, 05:53
How big should room brushes be max?

Also how can you put 2 brushes on each side of the door to make it not only hear stuff on the other side but to hear it open and close loudly from both sides.

One more thing, How much extra space should you have between the actual room and the room brush and does it matter?

R_Soul
22nd Aug 2006, 18:55
How big should room brushes be max?Some say that they shouldn't be bigger than 30-40 but I haven't had any problems with much larger ones. I suggest you make yours as large as necessary and if there are problems you can always replace it with two (or three or four etc) smaller ones.

Also how can you put 2 brushes on each side of the door to make it not only hear stuff on the other side but to hear it open and close loudly from both sides.
This is how:
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/another_website/gif/doorroombrush.gif
Note that the white x is the centre of the door object, which lies inside the area where the two roombrushes overlap (that's the key to the sound working properly)

One more thing, How much extra space should you have between the actual room and the room brush and does it matter?It doesn't really matter as long as the roombrush doesn't extend through any walls.
Using shift-insert, the roombrush is 5% bigger in each direction than the previously selected airbrush, so you do have to be careful when roombrushing large airbrushes.

the taffer
22nd Aug 2006, 20:57
wow thats a lot of info thanks, and the pic was awesome for me to look at to see how to do it.

What do you mean watch out for brushing larger airbrushes like make sure its not over 40? all mine are under 30 so far, so im good.

If you have an outside and an inside room brush really close but not over laping, and there is noise outside. Can you hear the noise outside from the inside? Thats all the questions i have for now and thanks for helping, much appreciated. I can not work on soud now though as this morning my speakers are not working for some odd reason, they are not broken. Its the next day and my speakers are working again...... I think they took a day off or something. I dont even know what happened because I did not do anything to fix them.