PDA

View Full Version : Time Trial tips

Bullethail
21st Aug 2006, 11:32
Alright, I finished the game, but I need to clean up missed rewards and time trials. Any tips on the time trials?

Resy
24th Aug 2006, 16:16
Try and beat the time trial for the last level first. I believe this is the one... completing it gets you the one hit kill code unlocked. Using that will really cut down on time you spend killing things.

RebeL_fARmeR
24th Aug 2006, 18:30
Run really fast. :)

Sorin
25th Aug 2006, 02:21
- Play each level several times so that you get to know exactly what you need to do, when to do it, and how. Memorize the level as best you can.

- Use roll a lot (that's when you're moving forward and press crouch, so that she rolls). You cover more ground in less time and it saves precious seconds in many situations.

- As mentioned, try to pass the very last level's time trial first. When you do, you get the 1 shot kill. Once you get good enough, you won't need the one shot kill, or any other cheats for that matter, but it sure makes things faster and easier in certain parts of certain levels. And it's actually not as hard as it sounds. The only annoying part is if you die, you have to quit the level and reload, because the clock keeps ticking if you die. So while you start the level all over again if you die, the clock doesn't (I can't remember if there's a checkpoint after you kill all the goons and start on Amanda).

- You don't have to kill all the bad guys in each level. If you can get through an area without taking too much of a beating while skipping the bad guys, do it. Major exception is noted below.

- Kill the bad guys in the motorcycle parts as fast as you can. You can't just leave them alone and sail to the end of the sequence because completeing the sequence is dependent on you killing all the bad guys.

- Just to be on the safe side, don't use NextGen mode :p

- During your actual attempt, don't trip out if you miss a jump or some other thing. If you know the level as well as you should, you actually have more time than you need. So you can mess up a few times here and there and still come out in time.

Resy
27th Aug 2006, 18:05
For example of only killing when you need to... the first level. kill the first three guards you come across, however when you reach the larger area before the temple, just make a dash for the temple and get inside. That can cut a good 5 mins you'll need later.

But I'm still a fan of the one hit kill code heh. It works some of the bosses to.

ladylinnycroft
27th Aug 2006, 18:37
don't panic and keep calm!....i am terrible at these time trials because i panic too much....so much so i am so intent on doing it fast i make silly mistakes....i only just did the bolivia time trial with 12 secs to spare

The_Elite_One_13
28th Aug 2006, 19:46
boy i sure do hate the khastaken (however it's spelled) time trial that motorcycle part is what really screws me up. Arghhh.........:mad2:

Sorin
28th Aug 2006, 21:43
The bike sequences in Russian and in Peru is totally where the one shot kill cheat comes in (from passing the bolivia redux time trial). The bike sequences are by far the biggest time destroyers when you mess up, die, or take too long.

The_Elite_One_13
28th Aug 2006, 23:26
I HATE EM......:mad:

Resy
29th Aug 2006, 05:04
Yup one hit kills make those bike sections very fast.

shaq
31st Aug 2006, 12:31
try to skip intro each time...
Time Trials is funny option in this game ... seems like hardcoded to not win in this mode or something ...

Bullethail
2nd Sep 2006, 10:15
I've beat 'em! Now I just need to find all the rewards. That's the tricky part. I've got the white swimsuit, though.

oldlady
15th Oct 2006, 20:30
thanks to all who gave advice to oldlady . finally had time to finish . standing back a few paces worked . thanks again " oldlady"

Night_Heaven
15th Oct 2006, 20:49
Well....I am still not sure I can finish a time trial.i meen I have finished Peru in 3 hours 50 minutes ant the time trial is in about 20 minutes or less......:(

shirl123
15th Oct 2006, 20:57
Well....I am still not sure I can finish a time trial.i meen I have finished Peru in 3 hours 50 minutes ant the time trial is in about 20 minutes or less......:(

well, in Peru you CAN skip some of the enemies. especially the ones shortly-before the motorcycle scene.
don't forget that since you already finished this level once [or more], you know what you're supposed to do - so it'll take less time for you.

Terminatorvs
16th Oct 2006, 04:24
Actually, the time trials are very easy. One good advice: Just run. It's possible to complete every time trial in a very short time without entering a cheat or taking a shortcut. I did so. Completed all trials except the Japan level from the first go. It's possible. If I managed to do it, so can you.