PDA

View Full Version : Reaction to the livestream chat

MattTetska
30th Sep 2013, 19:02
I can honestly say it was hard to watch the stream today because of the chat. Honestly, it was a horrendous display. There was very little respect for the people working hard to make a game that tries to please the fans.

Kudos to the guys running the stream for doing their best to not let it get to them. I enjoyed everything they had to say and am excited to see Nosgoth once it is ready to display

88chaz88
30th Sep 2013, 19:07
I think they mostly found it funny really. I know I did.

The ASCII art and the copy-pasting got a bit tedious though.

Outside of the chat though, I enjoyed the Q/A a lot.

MattTetska
30th Sep 2013, 19:09
Same here. They even answered my derpy question about recording and streaming XD

Swagraven
30th Sep 2013, 19:27
It was the copypasta that started getting to me. Just...ugh! If your question is not answered, PM them somewhere later! Do not spam it for attention! -_-

Driber
30th Sep 2013, 19:29
Good thing we have flood control here :p

Honestly, I wasn't able to be online during the chat, but this all just sounds like plain obstruction :mad:

Swagraven
30th Sep 2013, 19:34
It was terrible. There were ascaii genitalia, copypasta galore, that one dude that was here that did nothing but accuse everyone of being paid to talk up the game that showed up -- that was fun -- and then people would show up half way through and start asking questions that already had answers.

Reidbynature
30th Sep 2013, 19:39
The vid was fine, but the chat was a headache. Shame I thought it was getting a bit hard for Monkeythumbz/George by the end (or maybe that was just the nerves of the actual live vid). I'll definitely be giving the youtube version of the vid a go to let it all sink in. I was a bit distracted by the childish antics in the chat.

ReccsVampire
30th Sep 2013, 19:39
I... I thought that piece of ASCII "art" was funny the first time.

Lord_Aevum
30th Sep 2013, 19:43
They did a great job. There was literally zero chat moderation through the whole thing, which was an issue. Appointing somebody to deal with excessive incivility and vandalism next time would help immensely.

Swagraven
30th Sep 2013, 19:51
I... I thought that piece of ASCII "art" was funny the first time.

Didn't we all? But the 2nd - 15th time it was a little less funny, a little more interfering with the actual chat. :\

lucinvampire
30th Sep 2013, 19:56
I thought the Q&A was good - they both did a great job. :D
The chat on the other hand was absolutely disgraceful - those rude people should be ashamed!

Swagraven
30th Sep 2013, 19:58
They won't. Half of them didn't care to hear anything at all. :(

LOFO1993
30th Sep 2013, 20:11
Credit must be given to George and Bill to keeping calm and continuing the live stream while that bunch of idiots were calling them names and insulting them for absolutely no reason. I think someone called "Chaosyourgod" said you to go kill yourself near the end. That's simply inexcusable, as are many other things that were said by him and by others on Twitch.

Seriously, some of the things going on in the chat were just atrocious. I hate saying this, but I really hoped someone got banned forever from the internet during that live. The point here is not being favorable or not towards the game, that's just being a d**k for the sake of being. Please make use of WAY heavier moderation the next time. That wasn't allowing the skepticals to criticize, it was encouraging ill-mannered people being more and more insolent.

Said by someone who doesn't quite know what to think of Nosgoth yet.

Vampmaster
30th Sep 2013, 20:13
George would answer a question and then someone in the chat would immediately ask (or accuse) if the exact opposite to what he said was true.

Moesph
30th Sep 2013, 20:26
The chat was pretty much open and unmoderated, and people chose to show just how immature they could be, spamming nonsense does nothing to get things changed.

Driber
30th Sep 2013, 20:28
Please leave out the name-calling, guys. We don't want to lower ourselves to the level of the trolls we condemn ;)

RainaAudron
30th Sep 2013, 20:42
I like your signature, Moesph :D To stay on topic... yeah, the chat was far too distracting at times so looking forward to see this on YT. It was mostly a summary of the stuff I mostly knew but it was really nice to see George and Bill again :) Thank you for answering Umah´s question!

lucinvampire
30th Sep 2013, 20:48
I like your signature, Moesph :D To stay on topic... yeah, the chat was far too distracting at times so looking forward to see this on YT. It was mostly a summary of the stuff I mostly knew but it was really nice to see George and Bill again :)

I have to say I found the minimise to the chat button pretty quick - and that made the whole live Q&A much better.
Yeah love those guys :D they make me laugh...they should get there own TV show on sky lol.

Paradoks_db
30th Sep 2013, 20:50
The chat was pathetic. I simply switched to videos tab not to see any of it.

About Q&A. Generally it was good. It was handled quite effectively, but none of my concerns have been put to rest. On the contrary, I'm actually more concerned now because I got the impression that the philosophy was "we are not doing anything wrong and we'll stick with our ideas". They were giving answers to questions about controversial design choices and were saying that they are taking the feedback into account, but there was no hint that any of it can actually change (5 fingers, Turelim ears etc.). At least that's the impression I got.
They did a really good job at explaining Kain's absence, but not quoting official Q&A with SR team about Raziel's clan was a lost opportunity when it came to defending presence of Razielim. Also the reason for the alliance between Razielim and other clans is in my opinion completely unconvincing.

The session could be organised better. The questions were answered in order they were asked. It quickly became obvious that people who asked questions after the second page would not receive their answers during the video (only a few questions outside of the queue were answered at the last minutes). While it does promote those who were here first (and there is nothing wrong with that) it does imply a slightly chaotic organisation at the same time.

Other than that, my congratulations for keeping cold blood under the flood of immaturity you had to endure.

Bazielim
30th Sep 2013, 21:11
Informative and entertaining. Could have done without the blatant sock-puppetry, trolling and spam in the comments.

Otherwise, I thought George and Bill did excellently well especially in the face of that stuff. Must confess I did give myself a slap on the wrist too - if George shouldn't have been mentioning the setting until now, then I probably shouldn't have either. Hadn't thought that would be kept until 'later' and I'd assumed that information was pretty vital to be able to show the Razielim etc without a massive backlash. Hope I didn't cause too much hassle with that;)

Wraithblade6
30th Sep 2013, 21:45
Well done on the part of the speakers, but how in the living hells did you not expect to NEED mods for that chat?

RainaAudron
30th Sep 2013, 21:51
Btw, the channel views climbed up to 90 000, awesome :)

Reidbynature
30th Sep 2013, 21:59
Well done on the part of the speakers, but how in the living hells did you not expect to NEED mods for that chat?

I don't think it's a case of they didn't envision needing to have mods working on the chat, but more a case of they wanted to leave it unmoderated for the most part.

CountEyokir
30th Sep 2013, 22:25
While I agree that the chat was an un-moderated mess - I kinda understand where the outrage was coming from and found that the Q and A did nothing to change my opinion this game and its lore was little more than dull, consequence free fanfiction.

btw Raina, I can't find your email anywhere and I wanted to contact you directly about your remake

RainaAudron
30th Sep 2013, 22:33
Ah sorry, I haven´t seen you replied to me at all.. it does not give a message alert on this board. I have sent you my email address :)

The_Hylden
30th Sep 2013, 22:34
You can click on her forum name and it will pull up a box with a link to her profile. You can send a pm there.

Driber
30th Sep 2013, 22:47
Ah sorry, I haven´t seen you replied to me at all.. it does not give a message alert on this board. I have sent you my email address :)

You can set this in your forum settings.

https://www.diigo.com/item/image/48kmh/dcv8

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Anansios
30th Sep 2013, 23:58
I missed the first part because I didn't know about the rescheduling. What I saw was interesting. It was something of a crucifixion at times, but they kept their composure. I was a little sad that many of the questions are listed in the brief Faq section...
The chat after the video was interesting as well. George seemed to be in a debate with 1 particular person, so I felt very left out :'(
I look forward to seeing what I missed on YouTube.

Vampmaster
1st Oct 2013, 00:19
Wait, did something else happen after the Q&A had finished? What was he debating about?

The_Reaver
1st Oct 2013, 00:31
Indeed the chat was disgusting
I poped-out the video as soon as I saw it was out of control

For the next time I suggest to disable it if its possible, if not, George can't do both, video and moderate the chat. And believe me, George works better in front of the cameras.

It's really amazing to reach the guys from Square, I mean, THEY HEAR US, they really can read us, but unfortunatelly, not everybody knows how to behave in a chat room.

Anacrothe
1st Oct 2013, 00:35
Hey I missed it anyway I can still watch it? x.x

MattTetska
1st Oct 2013, 01:17
It should be archived on twitch for a bit. You can watch a non live version of it there.

MattTetska
1st Oct 2013, 01:27
Wow, I'm surprised so many people commented on this thread. The main reason I posted it was because I wanted to vent after everything that happened. Glad I made a place for everyone else to vent too :D

Anacrothe
1st Oct 2013, 01:55
It should be archived on twitch for a bit. You can watch a non live version of it there.

Yeah tried it didn't see anything maybe I'm just blind as a bat (get it? hehe...cuz I dont ._.) x.x

Vaspian
1st Oct 2013, 02:30
Yeah tried it didn't see anything maybe I'm just blind as a bat (get it? hehe...cuz I dont ._.) x.x

I don't think it's up anywhere because I can't find it either. Not on youtube or twitch.

MattTetska
1st Oct 2013, 02:42
I don't think it's up anywhere because I can't find it either. Not on youtube or twitch.
It might be up tomorrow. I know Twitch usually releases recordings of broadcasts. If it doesn't show up, then I don't know what to do.

Anacrothe
1st Oct 2013, 03:40
It might be up tomorrow. I know Twitch usually releases recordings of broadcasts. If it doesn't show up, then I don't know what to do.
Yeah ill check tomorrow I wanna see if it was as bad as they say it was.

calypso-694
1st Oct 2013, 04:35
the chat was horrendous but funny at times, and yes it made things a bit distracting BUT with all that said before, what they did say and showcasing their knowledge was great. im even more excited for this than before. cant wait. anyone know how to change screen names? or transfer an existing one to the current? its me Calypso but im stuck with this one because of a goof on emails. PM me if you know

88chaz88
1st Oct 2013, 08:21
Am I the only one who thought some of the chat was pretty funny? When someone said that the world of Nosgoth was built upon block puzzles, I lost it.

RainaAudron
1st Oct 2013, 10:14
Thanks Driber&Hylden :)

chaz: haha, yes, that discussion about block puzzles made me laugh :D

Limed00d
1st Oct 2013, 12:13
Thanks Driber&Hylden :)

chaz: haha, yes, that discussion about block puzzles made me laugh :D

Vampire Team spawns are found above the puzzle block arena

MattTetska
1st Oct 2013, 18:19
Vampire Team spawns are found above the puzzle block arena
And the dev team will need to make one puzzle a day per person

Driber
1st Oct 2013, 18:53
We'll get a few chat mods set up if there will be another live chat session to keep the trolls out, folks.

MattTetska
1st Oct 2013, 20:02
We'll get a few chat mods set up if there will be another live chat session to keep the trolls out, folks.
Oh wow cool. Awesome.

AlterRequiem
1st Oct 2013, 20:32
I wasn't able to watch the stream due to the 2 hour delay. It's probably for the best. I would have raged at all those selfish asses.

When DOES the video of the stream come out, I'm dying to see it.

PoppaKain
2nd Oct 2013, 00:00
I too missed the stream, and honestly, if this is how you people act then shame on you. I understand many people aren't too happy with this game, but personal attacks on dev team members or smearing filth about the chat is something a child would do. I am looking forward to the YT version, it seems some interesting questions were brought up.

88chaz88
2nd Oct 2013, 09:59
I think people are exaggerating how bad the chat was. Up until the ASCII art there was clearly a lot of "ugh how could you do this to my game?" hate, but it was fairly civil.

Unfortunately people got wind of the fact the only moderator was actually the guy in the live stream and couldn't therefore moderate.

So next time I doubt that any other moderator will need to do actual moderating, rather just sit there with their presence known. I used to moderate a chatroom myself and I confess that sometimes I'd just afk because there was literally nothing to do as long as I was in the room.

Moesph
2nd Oct 2013, 10:03
The problem with twitch is it's spambots too, need to get moobot in there to control it.

Swagraven
2nd Oct 2013, 10:04
It was 3 or 4 users overall that were doing it, but they spammed so much it just ruined the point of the chat.
-.-

88chaz88
2nd Oct 2013, 10:16
It was 3 or 4 users overall that were doing it, but they spammed so much it just ruined the point of the chat.
-.-

Well to be honest there wasn't much point of the chat anyway considering the questions were being taken from the forum or twitter.

Unless you consider the point of the chat to see who can make Monkeythumbz laugh during the stream.

Reidbynature
2nd Oct 2013, 11:14
Well to be honest there wasn't much point of the chat anyway considering the questions were being taken from the forum or twitter.

Unless you consider the point of the chat to see who can make Monkeythumbz laugh during the stream.

They weren't taking questions from the chat because of the trolls spamming childish comments and abuse.

Alhazredd
3rd Oct 2013, 21:35
They weren't taking questions from the chat because of the trolls spamming childish comments and abuse.

George answered me, George and I are besties, we've known each other 5 days now, so maybe that had something to do with it,

MrMilky
3rd Oct 2013, 22:39
I feel sorry for people who were expecting Twitch chat to be mature. Even with mods you can't really stop it. That's why bots exist on such chats to issue bans based on the words used. Quite popular on LoL livestreams which, imho, got the biggest attention on Twitch when there's no some great event.

TBH i wasn't expecting so much hate, but someone infuriated 4Chan members so it was inevitable.

Reidbynature
3rd Oct 2013, 22:43
George answered me, George and I are besties, we've known each other 5 days now, so maybe that had something to do with it,

Well that would make a 180 on the comments I saw from you on the chat.

Alhazredd
4th Oct 2013, 15:03
nah pal nah

RainaAudron
4th Oct 2013, 15:13

I think he sounded really sarcastic tbh.. it made me laugh though :D

Reidbynature
4th Oct 2013, 16:26
I think he sounded really sarcastic tbh.. it made me laugh though :D

I know. I was being sarcastic too. I'm not that gullible. lol

RainaAudron
4th Oct 2013, 16:38
my apologies xD

Reidbynature
4th Oct 2013, 16:54
my apologies xD

Honestly. No need for apolgoies. :thumb: I didn't intend to sound harsh.