PDA

View Full Version : How did you hear about Battlestations: Midway

chip5541
17th Aug 2006, 10:47
Mine goes way back to a game called Galaxy Andromida (later becoming Nexus the Jupiter Incident through a new publisher) from Mithis and CDV. I was so stoked on this game (esp after the leaked tech demo) that I wanted to see what else Mithis did and after awhile I found a leaked tech trailer (linked in another thread if curious) for a game called Midway. I saw so much potential in that game I put it on my must have list. I talked about it in just about every forum I belonged too including the defunct Gone Gold.

Just Cause
2nd Sep 2006, 04:01
I found out about it here while looking for the Just Cause Forum....and being a Japanese Navy buff, this oppurtuinity to command IJN ships was hard to skip over...I just hope to see this game...

OperationPhoenix
27th Oct 2006, 15:51
I have known about this game for ages.I first read about it on Subsim I believe.

Lthawk77
2nd Nov 2006, 07:22
Heard about while playing a Game called NF. Found it more interesting. Hope they have more Battle ships coming..... other wise I would kinda find the game a bit lame. The Texas was one of the worst BB's:cool: the US had.

CatSuit&Ponytail
3rd Nov 2006, 12:29
I heard about it at the Games Convention in Leipzig earlier this year when some very nice Eidos folks were highlighting it. On a very big screen wall. :D

chip5541
3rd Nov 2006, 14:33
So you went to the show. Currious, were they showing the 360 version or the PC?

BTW. I met some of the Eidos people at the 2004 E3 and I agree. Really nice people.

Sigma
3rd Nov 2006, 20:42
I heard about it from chip5541 over at the EAW fan forums chip, you seem to be on almost every forum I visit :P

chip5541
3rd Nov 2006, 20:56
lol!!!

and to think I have a life too :nut:

princecaspian4
13th Nov 2006, 02:59
i just heard of it when i downloaded the trailer off x-box live and being a WWII history buff, it caught my eye, i immediately went onto my computer and looked it up and the more i read the more excited i became and now i can't wait

chip5541
13th Nov 2006, 05:35
Which video did you get? The one from E3 or this last one? When the E3 2006 trailer hit I posted it everywhere. I thought the E3 trailer was the best of all the trailers I had seen.

princecaspian4
14th Nov 2006, 00:14
i have no idea which, there was only one i could download, I’ve seen a few on the internet but i don't know which is which

chip5541
15th Nov 2006, 15:31
Maybe I will post all the videos up to now and we can rate them. It will prob take me a couple of days to get them up.

Dutch Jester
15th Nov 2006, 21:54
i just heard of it when i downloaded the trailer off x-box live and being a WWII history buff, it caught my eye, i immediately went onto my computer and looked it up and the more i read the more excited i became and now i can't wait
thats it exactly my story and i was afraid i would have to type it:D .

a dutch alphawolf
24th Nov 2006, 13:50
I read it in a pc-magazine in summer 2005, then about a few months i lost my interest, sometimes i saw something about this game on the internet. Now a few days ago i saw there was a new site :D

Neroman
6th Dec 2006, 23:28
I heard about it today from a friend. I also play NF(navy field)(why theres "field in there, dont ask me....:mad2: )

Is that you Id10t? (Lthawk77?)

Iron Sound
7th Dec 2006, 04:35
A magazine gave me my first glimpse (PC Gamer UK)
I literally drooled over the pages. :nut:

thejuicydot
19th Dec 2006, 07:24
i heard it from my friends in navyfield..

MarkDawg
19th Dec 2006, 07:48
same here chip

imnotcanadian
21st Dec 2006, 03:27
I was cruisin' around on some CoH (Company of Heroes) forums and saw an add on the right side...clicked on it because i love WWII games...then drooled on my keyboard as I read about the features and watched the videos.

shanehead
21st Dec 2006, 03:53
I was cruisin' around on some CoH (Company of Heroes) forums and saw an add on the right side...clicked on it because i love WWII games...then drooled on my keyboard as I read about the features and watched the videos.

i still do drool lol. Same for me saw an add on gamespot a while back and checked the game out

imnotcanadian
21st Dec 2006, 05:01
I never realy thought adds did a whole lot...I guess I have proved myself wrong,as now I am going to buy the game :nut:

TheMetalStorm
21st Dec 2006, 19:35
I'm a big WWII buff and about a year ago I stumbled upon this little gem, Figured I'd hop on the forum and make some friends.

Daddio
26th Dec 2006, 17:53
I'm interested in playing anything WWI or WWII. I've played Close Combat & Codename Panzers, AOE (non WWII). What other RTS games do you love and can you recommend?

imnotcanadian
26th Dec 2006, 17:55
Age of Empires III is a great game,but doesn't compare to Company of Heroes.

jeepin
26th Dec 2006, 19:57
same as Nero :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :eek:

http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=138834&TabID=1180372

Deadpreacher
26th Dec 2006, 20:10
I don't really remeber the first time i learned of BS, but i know it was over a year+ ago. When it was first said to come out on the Xbox1. Besides the wait i'm more than glad it moved over to the x360 instead.

I used to come to this webpage afew times a week just waiting and waiting for a update and also waiting for the forums to open.

AVCG stone
26th Dec 2006, 22:19
When i was looking for naval games that where in the pacific during WW2 on file planet 4 yrs ago and discovered the tech demo

Bm God
26th Dec 2006, 22:41
i saw a screen at gamespot last month :D

Ericman55
27th Dec 2006, 05:31
I found out in OXM

Bm God
27th Dec 2006, 21:15
wats that:scratch:

MadduckUK
27th Dec 2006, 21:16
official xbox magazine

Bm God
27th Dec 2006, 23:04
thx

xgamerms999
28th Dec 2006, 02:37
Hey Dadio AOE owns, but anyways, I too learned about it on 360. can't wait for the game, the walkthrough trailer is much better than the other in my oppinion. Anyways, I just heard from some people, NO CORSAIR? How can that be?

PS. I too love history, anyother good war games, any genra.

Jagr
28th Dec 2006, 04:47
saw it on IGN only because it had a picture of a zero on it :)

Divine_Wind
31st Dec 2006, 07:15
IGN or Gamespot, I can't remember which one.

Simthor
1st Jan 2007, 02:56
Saw a poster as I was browsing through a Gamestop.

andy3536
1st Jan 2007, 12:41
Had seen this game in links a couple of times before but didn't really know what the game involved untill i read the preveiw on pro g website, it was the preveiw on hms belfast. never new before then that the game was so involved and thought it was fantastic!

Hitlers nightmare
1st Jan 2007, 17:09
how i do know about battlestations:midway. I saw a trailer on xbox live:lol: :D.Sow i watch the trailer and I saw the game and I thinkt,this is a wonderful game really

do any wone knows how to get a playable demo :scratch: dus not make a or it is a computer or a xbox360

princecaspian4
1st Jan 2007, 18:06
do any wone knows how to get a playable demo :scratch: dus not make a or it is a computer or a xbox360

the demo isn't out yet

Hitlers nightmare
2nd Jan 2007, 09:39
hot dammed:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad:

but thanks for saying it
;) ;)

Damaged Soldier
4th Jan 2007, 02:25
When reading OXM i found a ad for this game and looked it up. I'm glad i did!:eek: :lmao:

LT ROBERT COLE
4th Jan 2007, 02:28
when i was looking for company of heroes patches this game came up and since ive always baught ww2 games i just keap reading up and keaping track of it.

knoxville11
4th Jan 2007, 19:05
hmmm.. i think i learned about it at the end of November.. i was looking around on ebgames.com in the strategy section and i seen it and i love WW2 so i was instantly hooked to this.. and now ive been just drooling over the videos. lol:D

hragarand
8th Jan 2007, 17:35
I just bought an Xbox 360 over Christmas and I downloaded the trailer on our 42" rear projection LCD running at 1080i. I think the movie was 780 but still looked very good.

Bdaggers
9th Jan 2007, 13:32
There was a preview of the game amid the hieroglyphics on the pillars leading into the temple of Cheops in Egypt, carved by ancient Egyptian scribes.

Said something about a demo coming out "soon"

:rasp:

Keir
9th Jan 2007, 13:33
There was a preview of the game amid the hieroglyphics on the pillars leading into the temple of Cheops in Egypt, carved by ancient Egyptian scribes.

Said something about a demo coming out "soon"

:rasp:

Haha, I have to hold my hands up there and say: :lol:

dezenutz
9th Jan 2007, 15:14
I don't really remeber the first time i learned of BS, but i know it was over a year+ ago. When it was first said to come out on the Xbox1. Besides the wait i'm more than glad it moved over to the x360 instead.

I'm in the same boat (no pun intended). After waiting for what seemed like forever for it to come out on Xbox it got pushed back again and I lost touch.

Got a 360 for Christmas and a few weeks ago was on GameStop.com and BS in the coming soon section. Saw the walkthrough demo on Xbox Marketplace and was blown away. Move over GOW.

Sciurida
11th Jan 2007, 16:54
I heard about it from a dutch website, that was actually quite funny because they had an articil about a new delayel of the game, normally those things really hurt, but because i never heard about the game, i became very intereseted.
Another thing that makes this game a must-buy for me is that i saw the senkan yamamato in a trailer, that ship totally blew anything before him away and i really like to sail with it (and if it's not the senkan yamamato, it still rocks because it's a very, very big ship in the trailer).

CannedCanary
11th Jan 2007, 18:10
I know about it since it was first announced to come to the xbox, been following it ever since.

Lester Ziggs
11th Jan 2007, 21:18
Heard bout this one a ways back when I was an active member of the WWII Online community...known from 2001-2006 as Grunt on them forums and in game.

Then I killed Grunt and Lester Ziggs was born. I mean let's face it...Admiral
Ziggs sounds buch better than Admiral Grunt anyday. That and the fact there was no way in hell I was going to be able to get the gamertag Grunt for XBL

Lepracorn48
11th Jan 2007, 22:47
i thort it was a new battlefield game (like a retard not reading it properly) and watched the scot guy commentaing on the video n i just wanted it so bad.:D

warhawk21114
14th Jan 2007, 05:44
heh I found it listed on Cheat Code Centrals like 3 months ago on their upcoming games list and I immidatley wanted it.:)