PDA

View Full Version : Custom outfits? DDS files?

paddypaws
15th Aug 2006, 18:47
Hi, I've just become interested in the possibility of making my own legend outfits, I downloaded tomb ripper etc. but then found you had to have photoshop to edit the files... does anyone know of a cheap (preferably free!) equivalent to photoshop which I can use to edit the files?

Sorry I'm not very technical, I'm bad with the names of file types etc. so I thought it was best to leave out the techie stuff instead of using it and getting it wrong...

Thanks in advance

Paddy xxx

MissLara2U
15th Aug 2006, 20:06
Hi there.

Please see our guides and section on Tomb Raider Legend modding here (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/tr7/modding/index.html).

Welcome to Eidos Forums. :)

paddypaws
16th Aug 2006, 10:25
Thanks for the welcome ^.^

I folowed the first tutorial under the tombripper section but the trouble is I don't have photoshop - is there anything else I could use that would work with the filetype?

aussie500
16th Aug 2006, 13:03
You can also use the Photoshop plug-ins with the newer versions of Paint Shop Pro, but l never had much luck, l use Photoshop. As far as l know there are no other editing programs capable of working with the DDS plug-ins. If you do not have either of these programs you would have to use the TexMod tool for editing the textures, but you would still need a good editing program

paddypaws
17th Aug 2006, 09:14
Thanks, I tried using the texmod method but I couldn't seem to do it right...

I think it might be becuase I'm using a laptop with no numeric pad so I don't think the * button does what it's meant to...

LΞGΞND
19th Aug 2006, 17:06
Hey who realised there are 2 lara models?
one with a braided pony tale and flares and her origional hairstyle
and now this new non braided girly afroish hair and light voice...

aussie500
20th Aug 2006, 02:47
Everyone who actually played the game LΞGΞND, which obviously you have not

LΞGΞND
21st Aug 2006, 17:23
Oh! ur soooo funny aussie -005 (and counting)
Why are you so rude...

paddypaws
3rd Sep 2006, 18:39
could someone help me out with the textmod thing? I can't seem to get the textures to export... I think it's my ack of numeric keypad....