PDA

View Full Version : Thief: Gold Problem/Question

Old Gold
13th Aug 2006, 21:51
I just finished a play through of Dark Project and decided that Gold is next. Having a bit of a problem. I just got done installing and loading up Baffords.

For some reason Garrett seems to run and walk a *lot* slower in Gold. I've never noticed this before. I have to put Gold on hold because of this. I need to be able to move fast in the game.

Is this a known issue, or is it on my end?

lambert
14th Aug 2006, 03:36
You might want to set the resolution a little lower, that's what i have to do with my computer cuz it's pretty old, it plays TDP pretty decent, but my TMA gets pretty choppy especially when i try to get through the life of the party mission.

Peter_Smith
14th Aug 2006, 06:47
I did not notice this when I switched from TDP to Gold, maybe five years ago.:eek: Check that you have no USB controllers attached. Sometimes they make things go squirelly. Another obvious thing I hate to mention -- make sure your keys are mapped the way you think they should be. Anyway, it depends on your frame of reference. Maybe TDP was going too fast. How long does it take you in Gold to run from the start point to the well shack? I just did it in 35 seconds wall clock time.

Old Gold
14th Aug 2006, 16:19
Another obvious thing I hate to mention -- make sure your keys are mapped the way you think they should be.

Ouch.

Thanks Peter. :D The maps are somewhat different than TDP. All better now.

I tested it out. 35 seconds to the well door. 25 seconds with jumping. Could probably shave off at least 5 more seconds though. :D

Peter_Smith
15th Aug 2006, 05:57
LOL.:D Glad it truned out to be obvious. That is sometimes (but not always) the easiest problem to solve. I wasn't trying for a speed record. Just something repeatable.:)

BTW, I started by mapping TDP keys so they were similar to doom and quake (always run, shift to walk, mouse look), went up the line to T3, accommodating minor differences like the creep key. No big adjustments here. I have no idea what the defaults are anymore.