PDA

View Full Version : 2 separate players

urbaneve
12th Aug 2006, 23:17
i was wondering if it is possible to have 2 separate players? I have a game started and now my husband wants to play, but i dont want to overwrite my stuff?

ShirleyC
13th Aug 2006, 00:26
I was thinking that you could install the game in two separate folders, but the saved games all go to a single folder so it wouldn't work. Maybe, others have an idea.
Shirley

Alexlovesguns
13th Aug 2006, 01:30
I dont think you can create more than one profile but your saves folder is kept in your "c:\my documents\tombraiderlegend" or something like that.
I think you could try to use two diferent save folders and just swap them depending on who is playing, just be sure not to overwrite them and keep them in a safe place, someone might know if its possible to rename the saves folder? Should still work uh? :confused: .

NightRain'06
13th Aug 2006, 04:12
All you'll need to do probably is you first play a new game, save it as soon as a Checkpoint is reached. If you're on PC version, press Escape button, select Save and the Save screen will appear. From there you can save it as New Game-- that will be your own. Then have your husband start a new game and he can save it at a checkpoint too under New Game. Just remember or write down which save points are whose. This way, you both can take turns playing the game.

If you have the console version -- PS2, XBox 360, or XBox -- you can probably do the same thing. Just press Start to pause the game after reaching a certain Checkpoint and follow save steps mentioned above.

** Just make sure one of you are ahead of the other so there's no confusion if you both suddenly happen to or coincidentally save at the exact same point. :D

Actually, the distinct way the game saves is by time into the game, percentage completed and level name.

So for example 00:22 55 - Bolivia - 15% would be yours and 00:19 33 - Bolivia - 13% would be your husband's. These would be considered two different saved games obviously.

Hope this helps ! :)

Legendary Lara Croft
14th Aug 2006, 20:55
yeah you can just start a new game, than create new save file and you will see the difference in them by % of the game completed

i think it's more fun to replay levels since you can choose different outfits but of course collecting rewards is great too :D