PDA

View Full Version : Some mercy upon AOD

without_limits_mystery
12th Aug 2006, 11:39
hi..guys...well..i have just finished TR AOD..and realy i can not find a logical reason for the attacking occured upon it...what i read about it..before playing it..made me feel as if i was about to play the worest game in all this life..but realy the game was very very very good..with a very intersting story..may be there were some techincal probelmes..but it was not that bad....pls..all..some mercy upon AOD

Headache
12th Aug 2006, 12:03
hi..guys...well..i have just finished TR AOD..and realy i can not find a logical reason for the attacking occured upon it...what i read about it..before playing it..made me feel as if i was about to play the worest game in all this life..but realy the game was very very very good..with a very intersting story..may be there were some techincal probelmes..but it was not that bad....pls..all..some mercy upon AOD
It did have a good story, but a lot of people had tech issues and major bugs which took away from the enjoyment immensely causing poor reviews.
I liked AOD, but I also can't stand a game they didn't work on enough to smooth out the problems.

erosan
13th Aug 2006, 04:17
It did have a good story, but a lot of people had tech issues and major bugs which took away from the enjoyment immensely causing poor reviews.
I liked AOD, but I also can't stand a game they didn't work on enough to smooth out the problems.

because time was taken away from them

Sophia Leigh
13th Aug 2006, 23:44
Did you play on PC or PS2? I played it on PS2 first and didn't understand the complaints until I played it for a second time on PC....

dulcetpurr
14th Aug 2006, 14:20
I think the PC version really is worse than the PS2 version. I've played the beginning levels of both. The PC version seemed to have no ambient lighting. I remember backstreets of Paris being dark and gloomy in the PS2 version, and in the PC version they're bright as day. The controls in the PC version seem a lot clunkier and hard to manage, too. I'd wager that a large portion of TR fans are mainly PC players, so that might explain the irritation with AoD.

Headache
14th Aug 2006, 17:22
I think the PC version really is worse than the PS2 version.
That it is.

Mangar The Dark
14th Aug 2006, 20:49
Huh. I played the PC version, and really didn't have any problems with it. There was one graphic glitch with the guy in the cafe, but it just looked bizarre and didn't detract from the game. The controls were pretty much the same as in all the old TR games, so that wasn't a problem. No game-stopping bugs. Not really sure why it got such a bad rap. Wasn't the greates TR game, true, but certainly wasn't nearly as bad as people said it was.

Headache
14th Aug 2006, 22:00
Huh. I played the PC version, and really didn't have any problems with it. There was one graphic glitch with the guy in the cafe, but it just looked bizarre and didn't detract from the game. The controls were pretty much the same as in all the old TR games, so that wasn't a problem. No game-stopping bugs. Not really sure why it got such a bad rap. Wasn't the greates TR game, true, but certainly wasn't nearly as bad as people said it was.
You're a lucky one. I guess it depends on which type of PC platform you have...

Sophia Leigh
15th Aug 2006, 03:58
You're a lucky one. I guess it depends on which type of PC platform you have...
On my PC Laras body parts would disappear and she sometimes would get stuck on walls which took a lot of hitting the alt key to get her unstuck. Sometimes there'd be a really wired string thing come out of the side of Lara which made her look like a puppet. I agree that the controls were alot clunkier on PC too. On my PS2 I had absolutely no problems.

CatSuit&Ponytail
15th Aug 2006, 09:13
AOD was obviously unfinished. It's the obviously that was bad, since almost every game is released unfinished. It could have been really excellent instead of just good if it had been finished and all the bugs trod on.

StarChampagne
15th Aug 2006, 18:06
I loved Aod too!

I had just as much fun, if not more, playing Aod than Legend! Both are amazing games, I just happened to really love Aod. Aod has been criticised a lot, which I think was unfair. I know there were a lot of bugs, but Lara did not spend the entire game running round the streets of Paris, and I think it was a good game, it just didn't meet expectations. That's just my opinion.

I'm a PC gamer and didn't have any crippling bugs. There were a couple of graphics glitches, but I changed computers and all was good.

Would've been amazing if it was finished... and I would have loved to see a sequel. Ahh well.

Mangar The Dark
15th Aug 2006, 19:41
Lara did not spend the entire game running round the streets of Paris,

Very true. It seems like whenever people pick at AOD, one of the first things they'll mention is that Lara spent her time running around Paris rather than being in tombs. To be fair, I think the tombs section of AOD was probably a bit longer than the Paris section.
And you know what? I actually LIKED the Paris bit! I liked the way Lara had to talk to people to figure out where to go next. It made the game feel a bit like a graphic adventure. I just wish they fleshed that part out more. If they had a few more characters to talk to, and if the dialogue choices were a bit more meaningful, it would have been great.
And once Lara got into the other parts of Paris-- the storm drains, the museum, the tombs beneath the museum, etc, it became classic tomb raiding.

Still, I guess I was one of the lucky ones since my PC was able to play the game without any problems. I can see how people would be disappointed if they experienced a lot of bugs.

Headache
15th Aug 2006, 19:50
Very true. It seems like whenever people pick at AOD, one of the first things they'll mention is that Lara spent her time running around Paris rather than being in tombs. To be fair, I think the tombs section of AOD was probably a bit longer than the Paris section.

And once Lara got into the other parts of Paris-- the storm drains, the museum, the tombs beneath the museum, etc, it became classic tomb raiding.

Still, I guess I was one of the lucky ones since my PC was able to play the game without any problems. I can see how people would be disappointed if they experienced a lot of bugs.
I myself can't justify people complaining about crawling the streets of Paris with Lara. I absoluely loved the game; and I still haven't finished the game for I have a certain bug which prevents me from doing so! They did a very good job of the locations and how you interact in each, but the problems I encountered just made it difficult to play.
I still love the game though :D

star girl
17th Aug 2006, 14:59
I throughly enjoyed AOD, I read somewhere that Core is gonna continue it. I'm just confirming this right now ;)

Let's Raid
18th Aug 2006, 13:02
Hmm... I don't seem to have any problems on the PC version when I play it on my laptop :)

NightRain'06
18th Aug 2006, 14:00
..... On my PS2 I had absolutely no problems.

Lucky you. :)

For me, though, whenever I had Lara walk or run by moving the left analog stick, there was was always about a 2 second delay and then she'd finally move in that direction. When I pressed the Action button to pick up some item, there'd be a one second delay. I really hated the fact that the controls weren't tightened in my PS2 version. In addition to that, the long loading times (14 seconds) and numerous loading screens cropping up every five minutes were truly annoying.

So let me be clear. Generally I didn't hate the game. Just the fact that it had these issues and because of them, the game didn't feel completely made.

I really could have enjoyed the game and have beared with the problems to a certain point while I was playing it. But, I just decided to return the game after only having it for a month after its release or not even a month.

I never bought the PC version because my old system didn't have the specific minimum requirements to run it.

Headache
18th Aug 2006, 14:29
Hmm... I don't seem to have any problems on the PC version when I play it on my laptop :)
That's crazy, it'll run fine on a laptop.. but not your regular computer! But that's just one laptop out of millions. So who knows?

Let's Raid
20th Aug 2006, 22:04
That's a good point.

Scorpionman
25th Aug 2006, 09:14
Wasn´t the major bugs removed before the EU release?
I have just ordered AOD on PS2.
After finishing Legend 10 times,I miss the FMV sequences and the old Lara.
Lara is perfect in AOD. Much,much hotter than in Legend.
I love Legend,but it´s overrated. It´s not Lara Croft! It´s her twin. Let´s hope the real Lara Croft from AOD returns in future releases.

:rasp:

Headache
27th Aug 2006, 20:11
Wasn´t the major bugs removed before the EU release?
Apparently not.

Lara is perfect in AOD. Much,much hotter than in Legend.

Maybe so, but that's not the point of the game.

Treeble
27th Aug 2006, 21:11
... and they doubt Legend's target public because of the swimsuits.

Rivendell
27th Aug 2006, 23:39
I thouroughly enjoy the game !
I've played it on Ps2 and I encountered no terrible bugs, and I'm playing now on PC with the PS controller which makes moving her a lot better, as I can use the D-Pad and there doesn't seem to be a delay in her movement! :D

See my sig for a petition to continue the trilogy in some way or another! (book, fmv, game, whatever- just more Nephilim delight :D )

jigsaint
4th Sep 2006, 12:34
Since all of you, I think already finished the AOD, can any of you guys give me some tips on how to finish my AOD game. I'm currently on the lost domain level and I can't get past the ladder boobytrapped with rotating blades. I've tried every possible moves but to no avail. I really would appreciate any expert help coming from you guys.