PDA

View Full Version : The Sanctuary Of The Clans - UT:GOTY Map

UndeadRaziel
8th Aug 2006, 23:08
Guys, i haven't been around for a while, but with my return, I bring good news to any Unreal Tournament GOTY players [as rare as they are to find]

Here are the screenshots [so far] of a map i'm working on: The sanctuary of the clans!

Click here to see the screenshot! (http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6555/pillarsscreenshot1vs4.png)

Taken from inside UnrealED [obviously]

I know i havent made Kains seat at the bottom of the balance pillar
I know the pillars are too big
I know the pillars dont have the parts for the symbols to go on
I know the pillars are flat at the top when they shouldn't be
I know the pillars and archways around the pillars circle arent there
I know the blue parts don't have gold round them, or the symbols, or the blue circle in the middle
I know the decor isn't the same. It's only on basics at the moment.

These will all be fixed [hopefully] by the next set of screenshots

Opinions people? ^_^

~ UndeadRaziel

FearGhoul
9th Aug 2006, 02:09
Ha ha! That's cool!

blincoln
9th Aug 2006, 10:05
Definitely. Nice work!

garbagefanuk
9th Aug 2006, 21:48
Haha, i'll burn some n00bs on it when its done :D

UndeadRaziel
9th Aug 2006, 22:54
Haha, i'll burn some n00bs on it when its done :D

So i'm not the only UT:GOTY player left in the world then eh? Good to know.

A few minor updates have been made, nothing major, so no screenshot yet.

Smoke_Z
9th Aug 2006, 23:51
Even if the upper balcony isn't reachable, there should be some architechtural intteruptions on the outer wall. It's vertically intimidating, even when compared to the pillars.

I'd like to play it. (Have no idea what GOTY means, but I've a few versions of Unreal.)

UndeadRaziel
10th Aug 2006, 00:03
Even if the upper balcony isn't reachable, there should be some architechtural intteruptions on the outer wall. It's vertically intimidating, even when compared to the pillars.

I'd like to play it. (Have no idea what GOTY means, but I've a few versions of Unreal.)

i havent "snapped" the pillars yet (i made them too big with the purpose of breaking them quite a lot lower down later on in map production)

nor have i made the upper balcony yet either [Im gonna go find my old SR1 game and play it.. itl be easier than constructing a map off screenshots from the intro FMV]

don't fret, these things will be made ^_^ the map is still in VERY early stages of development

as for GOTY, its "Game Of The Year" Edition.. Unreal Tournament: Game Of The Year Edition.. youll pick it up as cheap as chips from any online store, i'd say check eBay

Although knowing todays technology, its probably downloadable.. but thats illegal, so i don't advise it =)

garbagefanuk
14th Aug 2006, 23:55
He doesn't advise it but i do as i can't find GOTY edition anymore so i got mine ages ago from the Net.

UndeadRaziel
15th Aug 2006, 22:08
now now, i hate to backseat mod, but lets not turn this topic onto illegal discussions

as for the map, ive been extremely busy lately.. so yeah, hardly any updates.. i hope to get back to it soon.