PDA

View Full Version : where to find the golden rewards??????

pavilion_alex
7th Aug 2006, 16:59
I have Tomb Raider Legend in ps2, and I want to help me find all the golden rewards, in the whole game.
I can't find them for one month now.
Please HELP ME!!!!
:mad2:

Sophia Leigh
8th Aug 2006, 00:05
Bolivia: The one in the first level is in the room with the lever and three boxes puzzle, the trick is to jam the exit door at half way. The first gold reward is in the gap above the door once its been jammed.

Peru: The one in the second level is underneath the dog? statue in the room with the 3 (4 if you found the secret room above) boulders, 3 pressure plates and ladders. The trick is to put two boulders on the middle pressure plate which then raises the statue up even higher.

Japan: The third one is towards the end of the level, theres a large moveable red chest which you need to drag out of that room, down the corridor and then push it through where the window used to be which you smashed with the big swining dragon, so that the big chest drops onto the floor and smashes.

Ghana: The fourth one. Do you remember that pressure pad that you stood on to open the door to enter the room to fight Rutland? Well that same pressure pad opens a door underneath as well which contains the gold reward. So stand on the pressure pad and then quickly race back down to get your reward.

Khazakhstan: The fifth gold reward is in the section with the Telsa gun. You need to shoot at box right at the bit that connects to the rail, the platform will then jump up the rail to the right. You can't move it that last bit by simply dragging it. Get on the platform once its moved up that last bit and you'll find an alcove in the corner on the same side of the room as the telsa gun. The gold reward is in that alcove.

England: The sixth gold reward is in the underground section. When you first get to the bottom you'll see a big door with a Roman numeral 3 (III) on it. The reward is in there, however you need to continue on a short way to push two pressure blocks to open that door. Go through the two fire halls and then climb up and over into the next section. All three ways out have blades turning. You need to get into the room to your left and the room to your right and climb up and push the pressure blocks in each - I used two boxes to access these rooms, one to stop the blades and one to climb on, you don't really need two but I found it "safer". One block will be marked I and the other II. Come back to that central room, open the switch so that you don't have to climb back over, take a box back with you along the two fire hallways, back over the burning oil and back down to the big door with the III to collect your gold reward.

Nepal: This one is a bit tricky to describe, its inside about halfway through the icey cave section (the bit just after sliding down the slopes after exiting the plane wreck and before you have to fight all those guys). Its really quite easy to get once you find it. Just go through this section and drop and hang off each ledge until you see the bit that has ledges below that you can keep dropping and grabbing. You need to shimmy to the left to get it from memory. (Maybe someone else might be able to describe this one better for you)

Bolivia Redux: There is not a gold reward in this level.

Croft manor: The Gold reward is in the main hall where this level starts. This is quite involved so heres a bit taken from Stella's site for you:

GOLD REWARD: This can be done before or after completing the gym, but you will need to have taken the necessary steps to unlock the first two clues. The first clue ("Above the Waters. . . ."), found in the SECRET PASSAGE, directs you to the statues above the SWIMMING POOL. There you'll receive the second clue ("Within the hall of knowledge. . . ."), which sends you back to the LIBRARY and enables the colored book puzzle.(**)

Return to the LIBRARY and press the protruding colored books in the right sequence: cerulean, topaz, viridian and crimson (i.e., blue, yellow, green, red). Blue is just inside the library on Lara's right. Yellow is in the upstairs office. Green is on the upstairs landing and red is on one of the downstairs shelves. When the correct sequence is pressed, a secret panel opens near the red book, revealing a silver reward (10/10) and another plaque. This one reads, "Above the hearth, revealed visage and countenance touched in haste raise up the steward."

Return to the MAIN HALL. The decorative panels at the end of each balcony have now turned to reveal golden switches. Use the magnetic grapple to pull down the horizontal bars above the glassed-in office so Lara can swing on them. Now use either of the golden switches. Quickly jump to grab the nearest of the horizontal bars. Swing around and jump from one bar to the next and finally to the opposite balcony. Quickly touch the second switch.

If you do this fast enough, a cut scene plays, showing a large statue of Athena rising from the floor below. The switch panels also rotate again, revealing a set of carved plaques with another clue: "The risen Athena turns to face the sun, whose burden then reveals the golden laurel."

Go down to the statue and turn it so Athena faces the stairs. Step on the pressure pad with the carved sun to raise a pedestal holding the gold reward (1/1). Congratulations!

Treeble
8th Aug 2006, 00:22
Nepal: This one is a bit tricky to describe, its inside about halfway through the icey cave section (the bit just after sliding down the slopes after exiting the plane wreck and before you have to fight all those guys). Its really quite easy to get once you find it. Just go through this section and drop and hang off each ledge until you see the bit that has ledges below that you can keep dropping and grabbing. You need to shimmy to the left to get it from memory. (Maybe someone else might be able to describe this one better for you)

It's just after Zip says "Don't slip" and you're standing on a platform that's not very stable. You later on would get to a chain on the wall by following the regular path, but if you look to the left (from the chain/pole on the wall/whatever), you'll see where to go. You can even jump from the chain to the left and she'll grab the ledge, if I'm not mistaken. Lara's a ninja on these moves, take advantage of them. :D