PDA

View Full Version : Could we get a Linux version?

Minty-Linux
29th Sep 2013, 10:10
Was wondering what engine this is running off of, and if we could get a Linux version! This would be awesome to see running on Linux, as well as on the SteamOS.

LifeSnatcher
1st Oct 2013, 12:06
This game doesn't have an official release and you already want it for linux, in what planet do u live ? Get WINE and enjoy the game on linux ...

romano473
3rd Oct 2013, 11:42
This game doesn't have an official release and you already want it for linux, in what planet do u live ? Get WINE and enjoy the game on linux ...

Sorry, but currently I can't enjoy the game on any system, because it isn't out yet. When it gets released I'd love to see it on all three major platforms, including Linux. This thread is serving as a question, and I'm curious too, which systems will be supported. For now we know it'll be released on PC and maybe consoles (if there's demand). I don't see anything wrong in a on-launch multiplatform support, not every game has to follow the "first on Windows, then we port to other platforms" way.

Anyway, let's see what the devs have to say.

Lee_Davies
3rd Oct 2013, 12:40
I too would really, really love a *nix version.

Hopefully with SteamOS coming soon, it's a further incentive for game developers everywhere to cater for a no longer insignificant market-share!

vladoms
3rd Oct 2013, 14:01
Don`t worry. Next year or so will be good for linux gaming. It`s a slow process but we are just there. Steam is already on linux and everyone are working hard to support it. We just have to be patient or do a dual-boot :D

red_eight
5th Oct 2013, 01:12
This was the first thing I was interested in. I rarely use Windows at home.

legentoofaic
5th Oct 2013, 15:24
this is relevant to my interests, i would really like to play this on a platform that isnt slowly sinking, and allows me to avoid the crap that comes with using a non free OS

ive been with LOK since the beginning, and theyve always published on a large number of platforms, it would be a shame if this installment were to break that tradition of being on all major platforms (and please dont be that guy who insists that the GNU/Linux platform is still not relevant, more people than ever before are aware of it and are using it at least as an alternative OS, and with valve pushing the platform its only a matter of time before it gains a good deal of mainstream support)

some of us like proper ports, rather than pratting about with wine just to play a damn game

This was the first thing I was interested in. I rarely use Windows at home.
im with you on this one, i run debian on my laptop, lubuntu and fedora on my desktop, and my windows partition rarely ever gets booted up

The_Hylden
11th Oct 2013, 12:00

The planet where we're free to ask a simple question. Let's remain on this planet, please. Thanks.

MPWforreal
22nd Mar 2016, 13:42
Hello,

I'd like to ask for a Linux version, too. Are there at least some considerations to compile it for Linux? That'd be great, I'd love to see Nosgoth on Linux. Especially free to play games are very welcome in the Linux Community. And as Nosgoth is separated from Steam now, this should be even easier.

Regards,
Matthias

ButtCrusher
22nd Mar 2016, 17:51
I have windows for gaming only. And playing Nosgoth mostly. Want linux version too.

Phobophobian
23rd Mar 2016, 09:10
I think it's a lot more complicated than just porting the game to Linux OS. Nosgoth uses DirectX as a 3D API, not OpenGL. Unless I'm wrong about that, I really really really doubt we'll ever see Nosgoth on Linux.

Oghamsmith
23rd Mar 2016, 17:45
Hello there folks,

Windows PC is occupying the entirety of our development focus at this moment in time. We don't have any plans to release a Linux version soon.