PDA

View Full Version : impossible

esanicky
5th Aug 2006, 16:40
I am in the Croft Manor and I am trying to get the last Silver Artifact, the one above the door as you walk into the gym , and some has said to use the Grapple, once you make your way from the platform above and pull over to it then jump , but when I do this I get pull over so far then there is a bar sticking out of the wall just below it and it is impossible to make the jump
Can some tell me if there is an easier way to do this to get the last Silver before I get the Gold one :mad2:

Psychocandy
5th Aug 2006, 17:17
Y'know, I experienced some real difficulty picking that up too!
My problem was that Lara would automatically jump to the bar underneath the platform, no matter how hard I tried.
To be honest though, the only advice I can offer is to keep trying the jump from a variety of positions on the platform - taking longer jumps (by holding down the "jump" key for a few extra seconds) as well as shorter ones and generally persevering until you get it right. It very nearly drove me nuts, but she DID land on the platform eventually. Don't give up! :thumbsup:

dulcetpurr
5th Aug 2006, 17:50
Okay, once you're on that platform, you have to grapple the shiny area right below the silver reward. Pull the grapple until the platform has moved as far forward as you can move it. Then you have to quickly release the grapple and then start running forward and take a long jump in quick succession, before the platform can move backwards again. It helps if you position Lara right in the middle of the platform, where the girders are, to begin with, then she has running room.

It took me a few tries to get this, but it can be done.

esanicky
5th Aug 2006, 22:27
Thanks for the advice I will give it a try

aussie500
6th Aug 2006, 05:00
Excuse me there are no running jumps in Legend, she will jump the same distance with a standing jump. This is a long jump though so you would need to keep your finger on the jump button in order to do a longer jump

dulcetpurr
6th Aug 2006, 17:00
To me, it's a running jump if she runs before she jumps. :D And that's what Stella advised me to do to get this reward, and it was the only way I was able to get it.

aussie500
7th Aug 2006, 05:54
You did running jumps in the old games, not Legend, the instructions in the first level, Bolivia tell you how to do a longer jump, right at the begining of the game. This screen shot is from the PC version, but whichever version you are playing you keep your finger on the jump button to do a longer jump!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j215/aussie500/Tomb%20Raider%20Legend/instructions.jpg

dulcetpurr
7th Aug 2006, 14:05
*sigh* Yes, I realize there is no 'official' running jump in the Legend game. All I was saying is that for this particular reward, Stella's walkthrough advised me to stand in the middle of the platform before running and jumping to get the reward.
http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/walks/TR7walk/details/croftmanor_s9.html

aussie500
7th Aug 2006, 16:44
Well not being a reader of walkthroughs, l just stood on the end and jumped, had no problem, did it first time and everytime

Psychocandy
8th Aug 2006, 18:28
*sigh* Yes, I realize there is no 'official' running jump in the Legend game. All I was saying is that for this particular reward, Stella's walkthrough advised me to stand in the middle of the platform before running and jumping to get the reward.
Yes, I'd tend to agree with you. Despite there being no actual "Running Jump" action, running before jumping does, in my opinion, help slightly at certain points.
Likewise, for example, there is no "Running Crouch" - but that doesn't necessarily mean I'd disregard the advice of somebody who advised me to "Run then crouch" to bypass a certain tricky obstacle. :)

scousebr
18th Aug 2006, 00:35
Likewise, for example, there is no "Running Crouch"
Oh, here's a "Jumping Crouch"

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,1658,5169794,00.jpg

ok, sorry...